adidas +Predator/+F50/adiPure Thread [3]

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Skizz, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovefutball

Lovefutball Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Anyone played with Predator Absolion? Thoughts?

2. UVaGooner

UVaGooner BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 15, 2002
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Not only do the boots look "off", but the box in the background is orange, like a Nike box. Adidas uses a blue box.

3. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    not all adidas boots come in the blue box..my +f50's came ina black box.

4. Shrapnac

Shrapnac Member

Feb 19, 2007
    New Jersey
    All of my Absolutes have come in a black box.

5. ALEX408

ALEX408 Member

Mar 25, 2007
    SJ
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By any chance are these real?
    [​IMG]

6. Gaa Footballer

Mar 25, 2007
  7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

They have stolen the pics of someone else who actually auctioned samples - they will be fake as they are a size 9 and they aren't actual pics of the boots.

8. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    what currency is SRP: ? PS is only $140 retail?? that can't be! (would be good if it is!! lol)

9. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Larciel, that's women's suggested price. Men's is $200. But do I wonder why the big difference? Also, that colorway is awesome; does anybody know how different woman's fit is from men's?

10. bk4realyall

bk4realyall New Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Usually narrower, and you go up 1-2 sizes depending on company.
    Nike First2Pro looked slick so I tried 'em on.

also the women's absolutes were calfskin, not K. Idon't know the deal with the PS's.....

11. actusreus13

actusreus13 New Member

Jan 7, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks. It says K-leather, but the sizes go up only to 10, which might explain why, as a line, women's PS are cheaper than men's. It'd be nice to have men's PS in that colorway though . . .

12. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    oh yeah, I noticed that after I posted :O

Although women's PS have the usual 3-lined-stripes, adipure does have same adidas logo as men's Could be a nice money-saver

13. semolina pilchard

Oct 29, 2007
  14. acg22

acg22 Member

Apr 17, 2002
    Indianapolis, IN
    So what's the consensus? Is the PowerSwerve going to be an improvement?

I have had several pairs of Preds over the years and generally like them, but I did not get a pair of Absolutes, opting instead for .7 Tunits (which I don't care for - NO support). Will the PSs be a substantial step forward, or would waiting another month for the Abs to drop in price be most efficient?

ACG

15. semolina pilchard

Oct 29, 2007
    Depends. I, much like yourself was wearing predators for a number of years, however after my second pair of manias (best pred ever IMO), I decided to try out F50's. Had the original F50, F50+ and now currently wearing the .06's. Haven't planned or wanted to get .07's, tired of synthetic, so currently waiting to get me a pair of PS's.

I believe they will be an improvement on the absolutes with an improved powerpulse system and weighing slightly less, but thats personal preference. If your not too bothered about this then I would wait and get some cheap absolutes.

16. packer_777

packer_777 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
    can someone tell me why this predator has the upper of an absolute and the sole of a pulse....hhhhaaaa its confusing and when did they make these???

17. packer_777

packer_777 New Member

Nov 6, 2007
  18. semolina pilchard

Oct 29, 2007
    Sorry?:confused:

19. Andoy

Andoy New Member

Aug 3, 2007
    Hey guys I'm back again with more questions (I'm apologizing in advance to those for this message).

I have been wearing the 50.7s for two months now. The first month and a half has been great. The boots were light, very easy to clean and they look very sharp.

Lately though I have been feeling alot of pressure on my big toes and it is uncomfortable to the point where my toes feel numb after the game. Unless I am going through a very late growth spurt (unlikely as i am 22) then this is a problem.

My question is: will getting a set of wide fit uppers do the job? how much wider are the toe boxes on the wide fits compared to the regular uppers? Thanks

20. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shouldn't the synthetic have stretched a little bit by now anyhow? Maybe its the actually stud configuration/chasis that is hurting your feet?

appleCORR

21. kaback99

kaback99 New Member

Nov 5, 2007
    who knows anymore
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yea the synthetic will stretch its probably is the stud configuration.