Adidas kits for SJ in '05

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Jay Hipps, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scrambles

Scrambles New Member

May 21, 2004
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    I hope it's the black ones. They look much better than the white.

3. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    (snicker) :)
    Next thing, you'll be telling me you've become a liberal.

I kid, I kid.

4. i_heart_landon

i_heart_landon New Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Columbus-for now
    Agreed. :)

5. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Black and blue? I thought that was Colorado's mantra. I always loved the white sleeves a la Arsenal. That 2001 look was superb. Bring back white sleeves!

6. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    The Premio jersey just has too many lines, too many frills IMO. It'd work better if it was just two main colors, blue and black, no white. But you can't put black stripes on black shorts. And you can't put blue stripes on a blue jersey. So you could go with both the jersey and shorts blue, with black trim / stripes. That would be somewhat similar to KC, though, with a different shade of blue, and black instead of white trim / stripes. Or you could go black with blue stripes / trim, but then it'd be similar to DC and Columbus (anyone else?) who wear primarily black unis.

7. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I order to better differentiate the Quakes from KC (especially now that both are outfitted by adidas), I think KC should be the first MLS team to adopt the white tops/white shorts/ blue socks look as their first choice (home) kits.

Lee

8. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. conrad

conrad Member

Mar 7, 2003
    England
    I think having the white stripes does wonders for balancing the jersey and shorts. creates a nice contrast methinks.

cant wait to see what adidas comes up with

10. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
    just caught on the tail end of this discussion, but i think the white stripes kind of suck.

11. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville
  12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. BlueMeanie

BlueMeanie New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    EastSIIIIDE
    The White Stripes totally suck. But I didn't think this thread was about music.

14. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked the video they did with the LEGO, but that's all I know about them.

15. conrad

conrad Member

Mar 7, 2003
    England
    the white adidas stripes I like. lol sorry

I've updated the blue/black with the Earthquakes wordmark now.

the quality of the word mark aint great, but i couldn't be bothered scanning the wordmark off my own jesery ;)

whats you guys think now?

16. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, if we HAVE to use an existing template, the mock up you worked out looks pretty good.
    I still don't understand why professional teams can't have their own one-off designs (and that goes for Nike and the rest, not just adidas).

Lee

17. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    I attended practice today (Tuesday, 2/1) and the new training gear looks almost exactly like this kit. If you take away the white stripes down the arms, change the neckline to a basic V neck and remove the Quakes' wordmark across the chest, the jersey is right on the money. They were wearing basic black training shorts (about knee length) with a white number on the left leg.

Given that this is what the new training strips look like, that would lead me to believe the the actual game kits will be a bit more "elaborate."

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sonofapitch, are you sure sure that those were brand new training uniforms? What you described sounds exactly like last year's training uniforms.

Did today's training jerseys have a Nike or an Adidas logo on them? :confused:

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

19. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    Adidas logo on upper right...Quakes badge on upper left...no wordmark on chest....basic MLS numbers on back w/ no names.

I agree with what you said earlier in this thread...I can't wait till those new jerseys are released for public purchase. I'd love to have one on for Opening Day as well. However, I also intend to have mine customized and I doubt Cal Custom would allow that before the Quakes get to unveil them.

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm... interesting. :)

Just as was the case last season, it could be that this season's training jerseys have white sides while the actual home game jerseys may instead have black sides (I'm actually hoping that this'll be the case, with black stripes if stripes are necessary). Hopefully we'll find out before the season begins.

Considering all the recent roster changes, wouldn't it be difficult to decide which player name and number to put on your jersey? :D

I haven't had any of my jerseys customized for years. In the past, once I would get a jersey customized, that player would be traded soon afterward. :(

-G

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, black sides/stripes with the blue home jersey and blue sides/stripes with the white road jersey (again, assuming that stripes are necessary at all), of course. ;)

-G

22. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

May 20, 2001
    The NO SOCCER Zone
    Considering all the recent roster changes, I think it would be wise to design the new jersey with, instead of the team crest, a "HELLO, My Name Is" badge.

23. Noah Dahl

Noah Dahl New Member

Nov 1, 2001
    Pottersville

I still think the White Stripes kind of suck.

24. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    how about these white stripes?
    [​IMG]

25. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be kind of tough to play in kits with zippers down the front. Not to mention which, our guys would get teased horribly by the other teams.

GO QUAKES!!

- Mark