Adidas 7406 a quick review/preview

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Dr. Boots, Dec 15, 2005.

1. _jt__

_jt__ New Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Valbo
    The white ones looks much better then the black ones, but if you like retro shoes, you can buy Copa Mundials as well

2. nvan_football

nvan_football New Member

Nov 1, 2004
    Vancouver,BC,Canada
    Actually if you look at eurosport's most popular list, 7406 outruns Absolutes, Legends, Copas etc. and is definitely the biggest hit right now.

3. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    I have to agree with everything Jc18star wrote in the first post of this thread–THIS BOOT IS FRIGGIN" AMAZING!!!!

The toe box fits my foot so much better than any Preds or Supernovas that I've had. The leather is so soft, I'm debating if I will even need to do the "shower routine" to break them in. I'll be wearing them in 2 weeks when the season starts back up & will give a full review then, if someone doesn't beat me to it! :rolleyes:

4. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a bag with a pic of the boot :( because the store dint have them. BUT I am getting theem when they get them :)

5. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you will love them once they arrive

6. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not sure if players have been wearing the 7406 vey often, but this is the first time I have seen it on a player.

John Pantsil of Ghana was wearing the white 7406 against Senegal today.

The boots looked quite slick...the 3 stripes underneath the boot, which i didn't think would be noticebly different to the Copas, looked good.

Here are a couple of pics, they are quite bad though:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56686663&cdi=0

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/details_pop.aspx?iid=56686949&cdi=0

7. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So the WC has arrived, and Germany has played, and I still don't see any players wearing the 7406 boot. The only people who I seem to see wearing them is the medical staff. I don't even see many people on here or any other forums that have them. What has happened...Adidas has released them, but have totally left them out of their advertiing campaign? :confused:

8. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. pingorenj

pingorenj Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Brunei
    guess the Copa Mundial is just way better than the 7406.. the 7406's leather is very stiff, imo.. a couple of my friends have em.. they didnt like em much.

10. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    They just look a strange shape to me like they never mould around your foot. It's like the middle of the boot is narrow and the end of the boot looks too big like a clowns shoe!! :confused: I don't really like them!

appleCORR

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are a little wider then the copa

I like them the leather is diffrent the copa wich you can tell mold to the foot the 7406 is still good leater I have no problems with them

12. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    They have the same sole as the original F50 and F50+, which means that they are built on the same last! I.e. they should have the same width as the original F50 and F50+!!
    I think that they look wider because of the stitching (or rather lack of it)... Besides we all know that Apple's feet must have a very nice narrow shape because Vapors fit her well. So a lot of boots will look probably "wider" for her... ;)

13. pingorenj

pingorenj Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Brunei
    wel the soles ARE similar to the F50s but more like the Pulses, imo. and they are definitely not as narrow as the F50s cos my friend has the Punjab F50+s and he 7406 and he said the 7406 felt too loose at the front area, even though he bought em the same size as his Punjabs.

i have yet to try em on myself tho. might buy em when the price drops.....

ps. who here actually has worn the 7406 a lot/long enough to have put in a decent review? maybe it has been posted, but there are a lot of contradicting opinions so i guess i gotta get em myself then.... cos opinions are subjective.

sigh

14. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    I have been wearing them since their release, and they are by far the most comfortable adidas boot I have worn in a looong time. The leather is not hard at all, in fact it feels softer than my Copas. Kangaroo is a tighter grain & will stretch more, but calf leather is softer. Full grain leather is from a mature cow & much tougher, just to clarify.

This shape of boot fits my foot great, but it is important to remember that if you want a snug fit, order 1 full size smaller than your normal size, just like Copas. The leather stretches nicely around your foot, so if you have that "clown toe", you probably got them too big to start out.

I was wearing this style boot when it was considered the top of the line style, way before that new kid, the Copa Mundial hit the scene in '82, so I have nostalgic reasons as well as comfort reasons to liking this boot.

It isn't a flashy kind of boot, & maybe that is why you don't see many pros wearing them. adidas wants their boots on the pros to be instantly recognizable, & how many of you can tell from far if someone is wearing a 7406 or a Copa or World Cup? Yes, some of us can, but can the general public, and that is who adidas & other companies target.

Hope this helps clear any confusion.

15. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great, thanks for clearing that up mate;)

16. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    how's the size comparable to pulse or F50 tunit? I just ordered last sz 8. I hope this boot isn't narrow like copas.

17. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think you should order a full size down from the sound of things...you can get an idea of the boot if you read the other posts...

18. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    other posts? which one do you mean. I've read all posts in tunit thread but there wasn't any mention of 7406.

tia

19. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Alex the LB from Japan was wearing them

20. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    As far as I know, he was wearing the white Asics Tigreor.

21. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    o ir look like the 7406s

22. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
  23. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    look really old school :p

25. pingorenj

pingorenj Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Brunei
    wow im lovin the look of the white/red ones.. the navy ones look a lot like the black/white ones, so there's not that much coolness to it. they may look better in person though...