Adidas 19/20 Kits

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Dante, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whats with the abstract stains on all these shirts

2. turco3

turco3 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Rosay repped this.
  3. Afghan-Juventus

Afghan-Juventus Member+

Oct 14, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Afghanistan
    For me the best kits were:
    Atalanta away
    Brescia home
    Fiorentina home
    Fiorentina away
    Genoa third kit
    Lazio away
    Milan away

4. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #155 OldLady, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    9.jpg

I bought this at Juventus store in Turin. :D @Falc

scirea6, phat, Falc and 2 others repped this.
  5. JYLO

JYLO Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Club:
    AC Ancona
    do you guys know the Juventus X Palace jersey? super hot seller.

6. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    SOLD OUT IMMEDIATELY

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I wonder what the market analysis tells about the kits. Other than the neon color, this version as been the closest to a traditional shirt we have had in years. I doubt the neon green is the selling factor. How does it compare to sales of the current home kit? Or that of last season?

8. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd like to know how the golden lettered one is doing with regards to the neon colored one or if they even made an equal number of each for sale. I'd venture to think the golden one would be more popular, but who knows with people these days

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The gold one was just a mockup, it wasn't real. Just showing how the jersey could look even better.

juveeer and juventino13 repped this.
  10. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well that's a shame, I would have definitely tried to get one of those if it was. I did pick up the black GK jersey from this year though, it looks great

11. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    I would settle for either, but no bueno.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So the limited edition kit sold out although little fanfare was made about it being a limited edition. Shows that fans like the classic look even with a funky neon green added for coloring.

juveeer repped this.
  13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    They left a lot of money on the table by not fulfilling all the orders they would have gotten.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? It was announced that it was a limited collaboration with Palace. They weren't going to mass produce the items, all collaborations are limited when it's 2 companies doing the collaboration, it's what makes it more valuable.

15. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Do you understand the meaning of fanfare? There was no emphasis that it was limited or how little in supply these shirts would be. Point is that folks bought the shirts because they liked them, not because it was short in supply.

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you understand what a limited edition collaboration is? It's clear that you don't know anything about how the clothing/shoe market works when it comes to collaborations. They're all limited. Everyone knows this. The emphasis is on the limited edition.

Half of the people that bought these jerseys are not Juve fans, you can practically guarantee that. They bought it because it's a limited run by Palace in collaboration with a sports team.

17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Look up the word emphasis. You missed the entire point of the post. Look at some of the posts here asking about the kits. Seems like folks were caught surprised that few were made in supply. More important, look at the press release from Juventus on their official site. Nothing in it about limited quantity.

https://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2019/juventus-adidas-and-palace-kit-on-sale-today.php

18. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's a collaboration, when streetwear companies team up with other brands it's ALWAYS limited. That's the nature of the beast. Undefeated, Supreme, Palace, Off-White, BAPE, Crooks & Castles, every collaboration is a limited edition.

Palace did one with Ralph Lauren that sold out in a couple hours, when they dropped it it was a surprise, just like Juve's was. That's how Palace rolls, they do weekly drops of merchandise and once it's gone, it's gone.

That's why you have people standing in lines to get their releases. Once they're gone, the only way to get it is through third party sites, which jack the prices.

This is all part of Agnelli's branding expansion of Juve. This was such a massive success, I wouldn't be surprised to see them do a collaboration with someone else in the future.

Juve fans were lucky, they got a heads up on the release date, when most collaborations drop it's with little to no notice.

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And all of that has nothing to do with my original post. You act as if the "limited collaboration" is what drove sales. But my post was commenting on how the traditional stripes is what made the product popular, especially among Juve fans who missed out on buying the shirt. Can you get that through your thick skull?

20. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Missed opportunity IMHO.

21. Tifoso

Tifoso Moderator
    Staff Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Feb 24, 2007
    northern California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn’t see any personal insults in the quoted post. Be nice :)

22. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you intentionally ignore things, like the first part of your original post, which I was replying to. You’re being ignorant if you think the collaboration didn’t drive sales. It could have been an away kit with no stripes and it would have sold out as well. You’re missing the bigger picture, but I think you know that and are doing so intentionally.

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The big picture is that fans like the traditional look, even with a little funk added to it. What does little fanfare mean to you. It was not pushed our faces to hurry before stock runs out. But what sold was the bianconero look. I doubt the current first and second kits sold as quickly.

juveeer repped this.
  24. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard for the current home/away kits to sell out when they continue to make them. The collaboration though is a different story, it would have sold out regardless of whether it was stripes or not. Simply having Palace on the jersey was enough for it to sell out.

PSG did the same thing with BAPE last year.