Addicks v. Gunners [r]

Discussion in 'Charlton Athletic' started by hartley, Dec 21, 2005.

1. hartley

hartley Member

To be played the day after Christmas. Will be broadcast live on FSC.

Any hope in this one? Henry most likely out?

Actually, this may be one of our greatest chances to beat the Gunners.

Here's the lineup Mr. Curbishley should use:
    Andersen
    Young - Perry - Sorondo - HH
    Smertin
    Rommedahl - Murphy - Thomas
    Bent - Ambrose
    Subs: Kiely, Spector, Kishishev, Hughes, Bothroyd

2. hartley

hartley Member

I can predict at least a draw, if not a victory. BBC's Lawro predicts a 2-0 win for the Gunners.

We will have to wait to see what Sky Sports predicts.

Reports are that we will be wearing our new sponsors on our shirts for this match. I think that is a very good thing, and a good omen for this match.

New sponsor. New attitude. Let's get this holiday party started.

3. doug001001

doug001001 Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was a much better effort at least..

sorondo looked good, except for one or two bad moments (that is the resume for just about every charlton defender isn't it?)

what should the lineup be against the toon on wed?

4. kevruth

kevruth Member

May 30, 2001
    Perrysburg, Ohio, US
    I thought they looked really good as well. And you notice that they were doing well without Darren Ambrose. I honestly believe that Ambrose ruins the chemistry of the side. He doesn't stay wide in the final third which results in bunched up defenses in the middle which totally removes from the strikers from play.

As for a lineup? I have no clue. I was floored by the lineup and formation against Arsenal (and I think maybe Wenger was just as confused). With Murphy being suspended and Smertin maybe still injured and Thomas possibly still sick the combinations of players and positions could be anything.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bartlett return upfront with Bent. He performed well. Lisbie looked lazy so he's out.

Who is gonna replace Murphy? My guess might be Ambrose. He seems better suited in the middle however I hope he does some better distribution and doesn't become a ball hog. Surprise player in for Murphy, the player he replaced: Jason Euell.

I hope Sorondo is fit. He did quite well. It is just sad that he picked up this knock. If he isn't maybe Hermann back to the middle with Chrissey Powell back on the left.

Oh well, just hoping this goes well. As I type this they will make a decision at 1:30PM whether this will be played. Talksport is saying that video of the stadium doesn't look good.