Added Time on 1460 right now

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by The Greatest, Jun 28, 2005.

1. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    Andrulis on now, McCullers later.

Just lettin ya know.

2. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Anything important/really stupid to share?

3. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    Bob Gansler is obessed with American players from the Midwest. He says they don't have the flair but they have all the basics. Typical Gansler stuff.

To be honest with you, I kind of tuned Andrulis out. Sorry. McCullers on now. I'm listening.

4. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    McCullers sounds like he knows what he's talking about.

Attributes some problems to lack of concentration & focus.
    Invites fans to call him.
    "The buck stops with me" in this organization. GOOD TO HEAR.

5. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Don't worry about tuning out Andrulis. Most of us have done so long ago...including the players.

6. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And by that he means, "The complaints stop at my desk and they never get to my masters in Texas and the Virgin Islands."

7. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen numerous others around the board say they've gotten prompt and responsive replies from him to their e-mails. I sent him a very proper, polite note after the Revs game last week, and have not heard a word from him.

8. The Greatest

The Greatest New Member

Jan 19, 2005
    Ohio
    Every single time I've sent him a question, he's answered it.
    When I send a comment (or tirade), it seems about 50/50 that I'll get something back. Sometimes it's as simple as "I hear you" or something along those lines.

I just sent him a list of my top choices for our next head coach, and he didn't reply to that, but I don't expect a reply to something like that. He's a very busy man.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    He was in Dallas late last week -- left early Thursday morning -- with John Wagner.

My guess, he hasn't gotten around to responding or it got burried. I would re-send it.

10. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't ask a question, or really suggest that I needed a reply. Just politely listed the things I saw wrong with the club, and ended by saying that if Greg Andrulis was still the coach at the end of the season I would not renew my tickets. I'll send it again after Saturday's match if we lose.

11. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    One thing of note that Andrulis stated was that Henderson should be a go tonight. The rest was a plug for his charity and that other website.

Also I thought I caught him say that he lost his son to diabetes. Anyone know if that's true or was that my old age creeping up on me?

12. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    He didn't lose his son, but yes, his 10-year-old son has juvenile diabetes.

13. jairadballerina

jairadballerina Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    C-Town
    A couple of other things are coming back to me as I sit at work.

Andrulis mentioned bringing in a few trialists: 1 MF from Argentina, 1 MF from Chile, and a couple of forwards. Look forward to hearing anything in the future as to how these pan out.

Also Andrulis stated that when they brought in Henderson as well as the Walker deal that a couple of the guys helped out with the deal. I took that as a few guys restructured their contracts to make cap room (Paule, Oughton, etc).