PBP: Adams: RB Leipzig v Bayern Munich [R], 2/9/2020

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by KALM, Feb 9, 2020.

1. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    First two player ratings sites I checked were 6.9 and 7. So you have your view, which is fine.

2. PaulGascoigne

PaulGascoigne Member+

Feb 5, 2001
    Aotearoa/NZ
    #77 PaulGascoigne, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    I know this was yesterday, but just to make clear I wasn't gaslighting:

"He has roamed completely off-piste at least three times."

"Adams looks more frustrated than i recall him outwardly acting in the past."

"I don't think Tyler Adams even knows what position he's playing today."
    (later described as possibly not be such a bad thing.)

"Adams and Werner going around each other over miscommunication."

"Adams keeps drifting central then Davies sprints to exploit the space."

3. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    kicker gives adams a 4.

werner a deserved 5.

4. dspence2311

dspence2311 Member+

Oct 14, 2007
    Adams (7) - https://www.90min.com/posts/6554134...ion-as-top-of-the-table-clash-ends-all-square

Adams (6.9) - https://m.allfootballapp.com/news/H...s-Upamecano-MOTM-with-a-rating-of-8.4/2225439

""Defensively, I played more of a wing-back, and offensively I was a midfielder,” Adams said. “Obviously, it is about finding the balance, and that can be tricky at times." https://www.transfermarkt.us/alphon...stage-in-bundesliga-topspiel/view/news/354504 But in watching this game, it was clear Adams was phenomenal with his work rate and he likely covered more ground than any player. He didn’t do much with his passing but his pressing on defense was key at several moments. A 0-0 away draw against Bayern is a successful result and Adams was a key reason why Bayern was kept off the scoresheet." -- http://www.americansoccernow.com/ar...race-adams-on-a-big-stage-amp-more?print=true

5. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When (if) Davies learns how to deliver a consistent end product, kid will be a lot like Sancho only faster. They should play with 3 at the back and deploy Davies as a winger.

Stephen Stephens repped this.
  6. NavyVet

NavyVet Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Mar 1, 2022
    Beverly Hills, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What people do not realize is Alphonso Davies is only 21 years old, he is still developing at Bayern. You can always teach players technique such as how to properly cross the ball. That is why players from Iran like Ali Daei and Canada Alphonso Davies, pick Bayern Munich to play professional football. You go to the Bundesliga to learn the disciplined and technical German style of football.
    What you can't coach is SPEED and Alphonso Davies has that in spades. I believe he got clocked either the fastest or 2nd fastest player at Bayern, in the 100M dash that all clubs like to do to rate speed.

Davies is signed through 2025, what I am hoping is that if Bayern is smart, they would give the young lad an extension. One player Julian Naglesmann does not have to worry about is Alphonso Davies. At first, I and most Bayern players did not think Davies would be a good fit at Bayern but he is. I'm not worried about Davies, I'm worried Davies, he will be just fine. I am conceded that we conceded an early goal to Villa Real in the 8' but still plenty of time tleft in the series.

7. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Friend you realize you’re quoting a post from 2020? But from reading the last two sentences of your post, you might be blind drunk so I’ll give you a pass.

8. NavyVet

NavyVet Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Mar 1, 2022
    Beverly Hills, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My bad if I posted an article from 2020 not blind or drunk just focused on this Villareal Bayern game and a final exam at my uni. Ok not a terrible result, Villareal were the stronger team on the pitch but it's only 1-0. You could argue Bayern played better in the 2nd half. Hopefully Davies will have an impact in the 2nd return leg at Ali Anz. It's our first away defeat since 2017 17 ties 5 draws (last loss Liverpool) but Bayern can still progress to the 2022 Semi-Finals. Tue 2nd leg this is doable.

9. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and all of this heavy emphasis on Davies and Bayern in an Adam's game-day thread. :rolleyes:

jnielsen, Bajoro and ChrisSSBB repped this.
  10. NavyVet

NavyVet Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Mar 1, 2022
    Beverly Hills, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #85 NavyVet, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    Well to be honest today nobody was a factor, including Lewandowski, Davies but all is not lost. This is one of those games that Naglesmann reviews the game tape one time, and then forget about it. I am 100% positive Lewandowski will put the ball in the back of the net and Bayern will advance to the SF.

Oh and as for English refs, Taylor is not the worst, he called the game 100% fair and square. Villareal almost scored a 2nd but VAR determined it was offside, there were no aggregious calls against Bayern so kudos to him.

Bayern are very fortunate to only be down 1-0 sometimes the ball doesn't go in the back of the net but best believe with their backs to the wall, Bayern will come out swinging in Tuesday. Auf ghet's Bayern let's do this. See you Tuesday fellas MIA SAN MIA this is not over, it's just beginning.

Btw might as well talk about anyone really Davies or take a pick nobody at Bayern was a standout today.

11. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States