Adams (bench): RB Leipzig v PSG [R] 8/18/2020 - Champions League SF

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by schrutebuck, Aug 18, 2020.

1. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adams played well. His pressing is quite good but he didn't have much luck with it tonight. Looked like three of four of his moves were in a position to block and the ball just found a way thru. I like how he was looking to go forward a bit more tonight. That is the aspect of his game that he needs to improve the most.... being part of the interchange in the middle and setting up crosses and shots like he did to Angelino a couple of times. All that being said... he is of the age now where he needs to be playing and improving. It is sure starting to look like Nags favors Laimer, Kampl and Sabitzer over him. Just hope Adams can change his mind.

2. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    I think he did well on the ball and on D, didn't like his spacing - too often staying close to an open teammate, not advancing into a more dangerous spot to receive a pass. Too passive for a 30 minute run for me. Still, congratulations on making the CL semifinal.

3. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    damn what could’ve been had atalanta held on

ttrevett repped this.
  4. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would have been a much better game, but I think Atalanta probably would have come out on top of that match up. They looked for all the world to be as good or even slightly better than PSG for large parts of that match, whereas RBL really were never in it from the start against PSG. Obviously two different games and lineups for PSG, but I still think Atalanta is the better of them and RBL.

5. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    i think the star power is kind of overwhelming with psg and you cannot understate having to see a whole game of mbappe vs 30 minutes of him. atalanta had the chips fall perfectly to surprise them but couldnt quite hold on, but that was also a classic trap match for psg.

ttrevett repped this.