Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lol. Smh man. Sometimes our instincts about people are spot on.

I have seen similar stories a few times before as well. I don't live in England but recently (last Christmas) spent time there and had a pretty great conversation with English football fans, they seem to indicate that despite all the money that's come into the club and their success they haven't been able to grow their fanbase in England as you would expect. The day Man United figure themselves out the spotlight will shine even less intensely on Man City. United is really a sleeping giant in terms of global reach.

Speaking of City, i read from a reliable journalist that no ruling is expected on their 115 charges until the middle of next season. I will post the thread if i find it again, it really goes into details about these charges and how deep they go. I am amazed more isn't made out of it. I guess other clubs in the country are all beholden to the premier league and don't want to rock the gravy boat too much. Discrediting and shaming one team can negatively impact the whole product.

2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Chelsea are prepared to rival Brighton for the appointment of Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna after reaching an agreement to part company with Mauricio Pochettino by mutual consent on Tuesday.

McKenna, who inspired Ipswich’s astonishing promotion to the Premier League, has emerged as one of the leading contenders. Brighton want the 38-year-old to replace Roberto De Zerbi but Chelsea have been speaking to his representatives for a number of weeks. It is understood Chelsea’s interest has slowed Brighton’s attempts to secure a deal for McKenna.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-chelsea-by-mutual-agreement-after-one-season

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is this the thread?

Deep Pal, Stiliyan, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    If i am Mckenna i take the Brighton job on a short contract. Don't even involve yourself with Chelsea and what's going on over there. McKenna is supposed to be a good coaching prospect, Brighton is the right step for him, in my opinion. Spend a season there and then see if a good project becomes available.

5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Girona had 13th biggest budget in La Liga this season. Would be cool if they dump City group ownership stake to get CL eligibility. :D

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  6. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Girona also likely has a low wage bill so pure profit. I kind of want Arribas to go there now.

7. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Agree on staying clear of chelsea. That club will ruin a reputation quickly.

McKenna should stay at Ipswich imo. Ipswich are a big club here with a proud history, 30k attendance at home and ambitious owners.

If he wants to leave then Brighton are the only club he should look at. Bloom is a great owner and the set up is top class.

PigBenis, Digital, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Leverkusen vs Atlanta Europa League final tonight.

Deep Pal, Galatico, Doni and 1 other person repped this.
  9. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Weird that the EL final is before the ECL final

Digital repped this.
  10. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    What happened in CalcioPoli? Did the other clubs make a lot of pressure and noise? Because the EPL teams have been hush.

11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

Deep Pal, temesgen and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  12. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    They should be embarrassed, but they won't be.

temesgen repped this.
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Scum

temesgen repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pique is so used to crossing the line with administrators while being a player. Imagine the shady stuff he will do if he becomes Barca president dealing with these UEFA, RFEF heads constantly.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Galatico and 2 others repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Yep, Saint Lionel being involved in this is surprising tho. I mean, he's such a perfect human being and all.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Gab Marcotti and Jules talked about this in their recent podcast. Looks like they will run the club for a while like Elliot did with Milan and then sell off.

17. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid

I mean if that's the fix they have for VAR in the EPL, I can see why some are thinking of just scrapping it.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Football is full of embarrasingly greedy people and people trying to justify greed.

If earning 20 million or so isn't enough, i'm assuming that the person would do anything for money. The definition of a sellout.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This must be why they are confident.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    FFP was designed so that the small clubs would have no chance of changing their situation and the big would get bigger.

Raumdeuter and yoanaidarov repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #22723 Saeta Rubia, May 22, 2024
    Last edited: May 22, 2024

Digital repped this.
  24. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Lol. Typical canterano life cycle. He's probably about to hit his peak years (whatever that will look like) so this move makes sense from the club's perspective looking for cheap young players who can contribute and then be sold for profit if they play well.

Of course i didn't watch a lot of Almeria this season but every time i did he was pretty invisible on a bad team.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

zizou555, temesgen and Shay Z repped this.