Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I reckon Pool not really convinced by Amorim? I doubt he'd join WHU if Liverpool was really keen. Maybe Pool will go for Flick or Tuchel.

ImadEdd repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Multiple job opportunities being open is good for the coaches but bad for the clubs because they are in competition with each other.

3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pool, Bayern looking for coaches already. Utd and Chelsea could be in the market after this season too. Even pissant Conte might get a top job. :D

Raumdeuter repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Xavi staying? :D Barca will always have victim mentality under him and never take accountability as Gundogan found out.

Galatico repped this.
  5. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rangnick to Bayern? The coaching carousel is a joke

Galatico repped this.
  6. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Let them keep that mentality, it's part of why they went trophy less this year.

Deep Pal, Seoul Villan and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is kind of Benitez to Real Madrid.

I respect Rangnick a lot, but how about something fresher, something to uplift the fans a bit?

8. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Bayern deserve this lol so stupid.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are giving Tuchel impossible authority with stuff like that though. Something not particularly exciting for me.

10. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is going over well on Bayern twitter :D

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  11. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Inter win Serie A. Two leagues now finished for 2023-'24.

Deep Pal and hector_br repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Serie A has had four different winners in the last five years. It's too bad the football is poor, and there are no stars to motivate me to watch games, but the competitiveness is there.

Edit: Well, some competitiveness, given Inter just won this one with extreme ease.

Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Barca: You’re fired. And now that you lost the Clasico you’re even more fired.

Xavi: Alright, alright, you’ve a twisted my arm, I’ll sign for another three years but only if you sign Mbappe and Bellingham over the summer. Plus I want a lottery win as my signing on bonus, like the one the Qataris gave me.

Barca: o_O

Shay Z, Anon., Digital and 2 others repped this.
  14. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hector_br repped this.
  15. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Better news than Mbappe's comunicado oficial.

Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  16. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doesn't help that many stadiums are old and mostly empty.

Long gone are the 90s when the league was at the top of Europe, when teams like Parma won European competitions.

Shay Z, Anon., Digital and 3 others repped this.
  17. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Why did Serie A and La Liga decline? All the money went to the EPL? How - via marketing?

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Marketing and advantage of English language in 1990s after PL was formed. Then Roman bought Chelsea and Abu Dhabi bought City. So they had two more richest clubs to sign superstars alongside traditional giants Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool. Which meant more and more viewership and PL gap kept widening with La Liga and Serie A.

Juve declined after Calciopoli relegation. Berlusconi and Moratti stopped covering huge losses and eventually sold off Milan clubs mainly due to 2008 recession after Milan won 2007 CL and Inter won 2010 edition.

Milan clubs also had old stadium owned by municipality so stadium revenue was 1/3rd of RM, Barca, Utd etc in 2010. And Milan clubs also failed to utilize commercial opportunities during their CL success era while RM increased commercial revenue massively during Beckham and Ronaldo era while Barca did the same during Dinho and Messi era.

Shay Z, S1na, Digital and 9 others repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Great post

hector_br, RoadMan and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  20. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    So can I assume that Davies and Kimmich are gone.
    Kimmich literally said in an interview that his contract extension could very well depend on who the next coach is at Bayern. :laugh:

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think La Liga declined. It's doing better now than ever arguably. There used to be a time where you couldn't even watch Real Madrid on a weekly basis internationally.

We're always comparing things in context to their competition, but Spanish football used to be almost impossible to follow at some point.

sneakking and Khan repped this.
  22. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Amorim to West Ham would be a huge career downgrade. Weird move if he chooses it.

natenate101 and temesgen repped this.
  23. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    But there used to be a time where it was competitive; you had Atletico, Valencia, Deportivo, Villarreal, Sevilla, etc.

Now we have Real Madrid, Barcelona then Atletico then R. Sociedad and Atheltic then the rest.

24. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    There have always been entertaining sides outside of Barca and Madrid since times because of the team/system other times its been a player. Girona plays very attractive football lately for example.

Digital repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Here's the thing.

La Liga is more accessible and more globally known now more than ever before.

The League might not be as strong as it once was, but here is the joke: No League is right now.

There was a time where football was going through a golden era of talent, Milan Inter was a showoff of some of the best Italian football players in history.

Even the Premier League teams were stronger back then, Mous Chelsea, Liverpool, Henrys/Wenger with Arsenal and Ferguson's Manchester United.

Football is not as strong as it once was before, but all league are more easily accessible and enjoyed by more people worldwide than ever.

PigBenis, Digital, sneakking and 4 others repped this.