Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Great coaches can have personal bias still. Zidane called Pogba a friend and that's why he was so keen on having him at RM despite a stacked midfield with KCM and Isco in their prime. Club made the smart decision there to pass on Pogba especially for world record transfer fee and insane commission Raiola asked.

I have read Klopp wanted Brandt at Liverpool instead of Salah, but Edwards said no. Edwards had to leave Pool as Klopp's status grew bigger. Now apparently Pool are in talks with Edwards to bring him back, but he's demanding CEO post so that a future coach can't push him out.

As for Pogba, what a dumb ass. Can't even earn generational money from Saudi now in semi-retirement era due to stupid doping move. Went after the bag in his prime and fumbled it at the stage where older players are making a ton.

Deep Pal, Stiliyan, Anon. and 2 others repped this.
  2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mes que un club

A club with values

Deep Pal, Stiliyan, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Inaki scores. Nico assists. Athletic Bilbao 2-0 up on aggregate. Looks like Athletic Bilbao going to CDR final.

Nico got dumb 2nd yellow mocking the ref in last league game so he will miss Barcelona game on Wednesday at San Mames.

4. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    F***!! Thanks for taking me through these memories again. Lol. I am with you though, those eliminations hurt me a lot, i want to add the Arsenal one where Raul hit the bar in ET at Highbury and Henry scored to win it for them. The RC one mannnnn...... that was very painful for me. I love RC and what he was doing at kickoff....... it killed us. How about Carew backheel goal when he was with Lyon, was it Carew or some other tall striker. Anyway, my point is that for me these eliminations hurt more (i was also young so you feel these things more deeply at that age plus the team that beat you is your friend's favorite team so it pisses you off even more) than our CL final wins felt good EXCEPT La Decima which was glorious and unforgettable.

Very much so. I literally had a mental list of all these teams, Liverpool, Arsenal all of them and we restored balance one by one. It felt frickin awesome. Especially Liverpool coz man their fans were so insufferable back then.

I definitely don't take this era of amazing success for granted and i also acknowledge that it doesn't happen by accident, it's a series of great decisions based on a bold vision by the club. Sustained success like we've had recently is not the norm in football so i cherish it and enjoy it a lot knowing it's not gonna go on forever. It's another reason why i don't get super upset if we lose a match or don't win a trophy every year. The overwhelming majority of football clubs don't win a trophy every year or win every game.

Deep Pal, madridismo, Stiliyan and 4 others repped this.
  5. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Barca is going to face an Athletic team coming off an important CDR semi game and without Nico.
    It looks like they lucked out because I was fairly certain that Barca would drop points this weekend. Now not so sure.

natenate101 repped this.
  6. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Bilbao can beat them if they play without fear.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    3-0 on aggregate. Brilliant from Inaki. Maybe Athletic can reduce intensity in 2nd half to save legs. Barca game is important for them as they are in Top 4 race.

Deep Pal and Shay Z repped this.
  8. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    It looks like this game may be a non-factor now in their preparation for Barca. If anything this performance may raise their confidence going into the weekend.

9. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pogba was an amazing player. Hindsight is easy, but nobody can know how everything would have went had he come here and played under a coach who loved him and who he loved and who would have accomodated tactically in a way he never was at United. Maybe with a different fitness crew his injuries wouldn't occur either.

Also, nobody can know whether he was willingly taking doping or he was lied to by someone he trusts. For me he was always a nice character and a kind person who people hated for no reason other than "he dyes his hair". Shame his career is ending this way, but I'm definitely not going to kick someone like him when theyre down.

Deep Pal, Umar and Shay Z repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Will be a dumb move this happens. No club can match supply chains of Nike/Adidas throughout the world. Cheaper copy jersey sales will sky rocket.

Anon. and celito repped this.
  11. RMadrid2222

RMadrid2222 Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Feb 1, 2023
    I would not be the RM fan or even same person if my inicial introducción to being a RM fans had not been 7 consecutive years of seeing Barca dominante and Madrid crash out of CLs like they were being paid to.

At 17 I quickly let my emotions take control and CR7 became my idol and Messi public enemy number 1. If as a young adult I was able to go almost go a decade without seeing RM lift a trophy, as I get older the more I apareciste each wi and am sure could go another 7/10 years without a trophy. Also, being a RM fan as a teen I also became obssesed with arsenals transfer strategy of buying young and developing, something very un Madrid like. Also something that never worked out fornarsenal. Its funny RM follow that strategy now that im an adult and seeing little 20 year olds about yo take control of european football in our shirt.

Deep Pal, Shay Z and RoadMan repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    If Pogba needs a baby sitter coach as a grown man, tells a lot about his character. He made his choice to follow money. Utd were a Europa League team when he joined. I have been critical of Pogba ever since. Not just when he's down.

Some treat him like a baby still. Even after doping ban, might not be Pogba's fault. He knew how Raiola works. If he has a shady doctor while no relevant footballer has failed doping test for years, easy to say where the blame lies.

RoadMan repped this.
  13. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Her family member who was holding her was also attacked, but luckily there were some human beings amongst the Atletico fans who had the decency to intervene.

I wish I could say this was shocking behavior amongst that fanbase, but it isn't. Shameful.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Took them 6 months to arrest this guy. Wow.

Deep Pal, saadomar and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some one will come along and tell you Real Madrid fans and all of Spain are pretty much the same so how dare you single out that fan base, and it’s all good, nothing to see here

.halamadrid2. repped this.
  16. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know the details of this, but could it be that Nike isn't willing to pay what Barcelona wants? There has been a noticeable exodus from Nike by many pros, mostly because Nike isn't re-signing them and wants to save money. It could be the beginning of a trend.

I've always wondered how Nike can afford so many sponsorships, both in Europe and United States. They sponsor most of the top college teams, they sponsor the NBA, NFL, MLB, they sponsor or equip most NBA players, NFL players, they sponsor a plurality of football players in the top leagues in Europe, a bunch of top pro teams, national teams, etc. It's mindboggling. I mean, it helps that countless people buy the 54895 colorways of Jordans that were released almost 40 years ago, but still.

They also decided not to renew Tiger Woods' contract. He's no longer what he used to be, but he'll be around for a few more decades potentially selling a bunch of merchandise. We may see similar things happening in the near future.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  17. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jhon Arias is a stud

at this point, I hope he stays in Brazil instead of going to some shit leave like Russia or Turkey just for money since the real leagues never wanted him for some reason

18. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Turkey is probably a fantastic destination, no? It's a beautiful country with a history most countries around the world can dream of. The league is also fairly decent, and quality of life should be exceptionally high for a good football player. After years of Brazil, I wouldn't mind spending some time in the Turkish league. Would definitely beat playing in the MLS for instance, as Turkish people actually adore football, similar (or perhaps even more) to Brazilians!

Umar repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Data shows that out of all the Leagues in European football, Turkey has the largest contingent of unpaid professionals, so much so that FIFPro offer free legal advice to players playing there.

I've heard a story from a player that played in Germany that he practically took club staff hostage by locking them up and holding the key telling them he will not release them until he gets paid.

Fans are mostly attacking the players as well, calling them mercenaries and so on. You need to keep your mind open about that stuff before you go and play there.

20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I just don’t think the football is good enough to maximize form. I think the Brazilian league is up there with the portugals and French leagues. Not that far behind serie a tbh

21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Slave labor. Don't let the rainbow logo fool you. They are evil.

Akramzizou repped this.
  22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't know the level is that high; learning new things every day! If he's serious about it, then I guess he should stay in the Brazilian league and keep in form for the NT.

23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Having trust in someone and being given trust is not babysitting. Neither is tactical maximization. Going for United is one thing, not going to Madrid from United later is another one. And of course you can say he shouldn't have trusted the doctor so its his fault, but theres a difference between being naive and being immoral. Perhaps because of that childlike naivety I find Pogba's personality is infinitely more likeable than Mbappe's for example.

24. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Wait, football players have personalities? lol.

At some point, these guys become self-obsessed clowns and lose any personality trait they might have had at some point. Exceptions exist, like Kroos.

But when I see clowns like Neymar or Pogba or Mbappe arriving at the stadium with gigantic headphones, colored hair, and acting like ThUG LiFe rappers... gosh, that's cringe.

Benzema, a 33-year-old man, received his BdO dressed up as Tupac, lol.

If there's one thing football players don't have is a personality.

J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This CANNOT be true.