Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    None of the clubs he left upgraded, ironically.

Even his hiring proves the idea that sometimes it's not about who you fire, but who you hire afterwards. He inherited the same amount of criticism that Nagelsmann was getting, but the fact that he's getting the same amount of criticism doesn't look good as an upgrade.

He's a toxic individual, a former Mainz keeper said his knowledge isn't questioned but on a personal level he's the worst person he ever met in football. That's a lot.

The thing for Bayern is who do you hire? Xabi seems perfect but Liverpool will be all over him.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Leverkusen is just 5 points ahead we have seen teams lose from this point
    This time last year Arsenal was 8points ahead and lost by 5 in May

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not directly football news, but it's being speculated that FIFA could give 2K Sports the license for a football game.

hector_br repped this.
  4. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    My daughter plays at highest level in the states and fortunately has a coach that wants them to take chances and express themselves but I can say I agree with him 1000%. Today's footballers are practically actors method acting a script. If I was good enough to play, I'm not sure I'd want to given the lack of opportunities to express yourself out there.

Shay Z, Digital and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shame about the injuries, so on some level he’s purposely being left out then? I lack intelligence about what he’s like as a person, but I think he’s a very very good player

6. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Kubo signs new contract at Real Sociedad. They have done well to keep hold of him

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He will get a pay raise, but buyout clause remains at 60 ME. Likely to stay one more seaon at Real Sociedad with this renewal though. RM holds 50% of future sale.

https://as.com/futbol/kubo-renueva-hasta-2029-n/

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That article doesn't mention us retaining 50%. I am intrigued though, would those 50% practically remain in our hand until the end of time if he stays there till 2036?

There has to be a point where that clause runs out, Surely. I remember with Fran Garcia where they had deals set with Premier League teams and we could basically choose between either buying the rest of the contract back or taking 50% of the sale, so it will eventually come down to us either paying 30 mil. to bring Kubo back or make 30 mil. from him at some point in the future.

9. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019

La Liga is joke. We played last Saturday when we have a game today away at Germany (3 days and Flights), while Barca get to play at Friday when they play at home vs Napoli (4 days Gap)

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He can renew his contract as much as he wants with his club, the resale % is in the agreement between the two clubs. I'm sure there is some sort of expiry date on it though, but I doubt it would be short term.

HZinho and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Atletico had to play the Copa del Rey 2 days after playing us.

Simone complained about it, but I didn't see too many people here claim that Atleti were at a disadvantage.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That’s false. It was 3 days, same as us now. They played us February 4th and then the Copa match on the 7th.

Shay Z, Doni and Zidane05 repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Simeone said there was no good reason why we couldn't have played on the Saturday that week.

Who knows, maybe we would've won. :D

Rest days accumulate similarly for everybody over the entire schedule, but Barca playing on Friday is most likely because nobody wants to watch them anymore.

Looking to become mainstays in the Friday/Monday garbage time slot.

14. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Atletico would have played us on Saturday and not Sunday, they would have received the same amount of time to prep for us which they have been given to prep for Sevilla, because they played on the Wednesday 31st Jan as well (Mallorca) prior to playing us, and Simeone would have complained even more.

This is not a good example of the fixture list being unfavourable to Atletico.

15. Forcamadrid2

Forcamadrid2 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 13, 2017
    And we played on Thursday before Atletico. So if we played then on Saturday then we would have had only 2 days.

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Sure, but in isolation playing games on 2 days makes you more susceptible to injuries than playing with 3 days and so forth.

17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Dear Lord..

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    #17468 Saeta Rubia, Feb 13, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2024
    Regarding Fran Garcia, Hermoso etc, RM owned 50% of their sporting rights too. Italy had part ownership system and we copied that. We sell these players for cheap so it's not just 50% sell on clause.

As for Kubo, Sociedad president has been very defensive when asked about RM stuff. He said yesterday that RM has no role and Sociedad and Kubo decides his future. He said the same the day Kubo signed for Real Sociedad. But having a 60 ME clause itself means Sociedad doesn't have much say and it's all Kubo.

19. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Copenhagen 1 - City 1

Cosmin10 and Digital repped this.
  21. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Kubo staying one more year makes sense.
    He was coming off two poor loan spells, and he really needed to turn it around this year.

Moving on when he is finally finding his game would have been a short sighted move.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I read that Real Sociedad have signed a big endorsement deal with a Japanese company and Kubo staying there was central to that agreement.

For what it's worth Kubo seems happy, a player that's top class on his day stays in Spain and the league is better.

Of course 30 mil. for Madrid is 30 mil. but Kubo going to Wolves or Brighton does nothing for me, I'd rather he stay at La Real where we get to see him.

RoadMan, natenate101 and Bear Crotch repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Blackstone apparently pulled their offer for the German commercial rights package due to frustration with the current discourse about the in the media and the Fan protests. Only CVC now in play.

24. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Well, last season Copenhagen managed a 0-0 draw at home against Man City in the group stage, but have been on winter break since 4. December, so more than 2 month, and are not in shape to be able to keep up the pace or do anything at this point in time against a fully fit English PL top side (which is the usual problem for Scandinavian teams in the later stages). Nice goal by Magnus Elkjær Mattsson though, in his debut for Copenhagen.

Side-line footage :

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm telling you what Simeone is saying by the way, who cited the Barca/Napoli fixture as "another example of some being favored and some not".

Personally I don't enter the schedule discussion as it also includes network pulling and shoving about who shows what games on what time.