Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I’ve watched two Spurs games this season, so not much at all familiar with their new style, but from what I’ve seen, the way this guy has them set up I would copy and paste that system with our players like for like.

It flows well and makes a lot more sense than what Carlo is trying to do, in my humble opinion.

2. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Hendrix22 repped this.
  3. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm still of the opinion that Bayern sacking Nagelsmann for Tuchel was unfair and unnecessary. I don't really think they upgraded and the timing couldn't have been worse.

But I'm not sure what to think of this move for Nagelsmann. The national program seems like a dumpster fire at the moment, but I'm not sure he had better options on the horizon in the club game.

Raul-7 and benny_madridista repped this.
  4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Philipp Klöster is a weird man. Kind of disappointed. What a weird interview.

Yes, the players signing to Saudi clubs and full on sellouts, but they aren't the first nor the last in the history of the sport.

5. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Rough calculation: PSG spent some €100-120mn on transfers this summer (net) but I bet their payroll is down this season with Messi and Neymar off of it, so overall probably same ballpark spending-wise as last season. And, no, their squad is not worse.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    La real dominated the game too but missed so many chances to put Inter away. They will regret losing the points here. Kubo is having a special season so far. Hope he stays healthy, he was the best player on the pitch with Bryce Mendes second. If you're making a decision on which game to watch on any weekend La Real should be a consideration.

Bayern's Tel could be the genuine article. He is playing with so much confidence right now. Just won't be denied. Let's see how his season progresses, he will eventually get some starts when Kane is rested and that will be a great test for him. He plays like Haaland used to play back in his BVB days. Every touch is with confidence and purpose, like he knows he'll score. The touch he had during his goal (control on his thigh) that was supreme.

7. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should definitely be in the conversation for Carlo's successor.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hector_br and Shay Z repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

We cannot, under any circumstances, pass this guy up next summer. He's the one.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

11. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    #13036 Raul-7, Sep 21, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2023
    Agreed. Unfortunately, some people are dead-set on bringing back Zizou - whom I respect greatly. But I think it's time to try someone young, tactically competent, and flexible like Xabi.

I'm the first one onboard the Xabi-hype train.

Maybe he can bring Frimpong with him? :D

12. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Their squad is shite, sorry. Aside from Mbappe and Hakimi, they’ve got players that a team like Newcastle would go for.

Average.

13. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Villarreal and Betis, what an embarrassment in Europe.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Man

we messed up letting odengaard go and signing this scrub lol

temesgen repped this.
  15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Lmao can't believe they kept the line on.

16. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This forum man, some things never change lol.

Then again Niro is the same guy shitting bricks with a 12 point lead when we won the league a few seasons ago.

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  17. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I agree overall but at the same time I hate every team bar Madrid by default and even more the teams that gave us pain ala Depor, Violencia, Juve, Bayern, and etc.

No matter what I’ll always enjoy their loses and misery even if it’s mostly due to the poor state of those teams (in Depor, Violencia, and etc case).

That’s just me and my hating ass though.

18. RMSocrates

RMSocrates Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Wait, what? So he is living on his own? Yeah, that’s not going to last.

I have thought he looks a bit out of place, now with this news it shouldn’t be a surprise. Agree that he won’t be at Bayern long.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be honest, if Bayern get their money back for him in 1 or 2 years it was a smashing deal from them. :ROFLMAO:

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'd be surprised if Bayern let Harry have a buyback clause. I can see them accepting a first refusal clause maybe.

21. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    He had a child who was born in August and has other young children. Probably just waiting for the young one to settle before moving his family.

boeder repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't want to move to Munich right now if I'm honest, property and rent prices are in the highest tier in Europe, moving kids family and having them settled in new schools and new areas, and before they even got used to it you're gone in 2-3 years.

I'd understand it if he'd be young, but at this point of his life, it's pointless.

RMSocrates and Nathanial Essex repped this.
  23. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Jude is in a great moment and I know he's going to be a big player for us for many years to come but let's be honest, we shouldn't be surprised if he has a drought soon and some of the fans turn on him.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

25. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    They definitely wont get the money back. I can't imagine Levy put a clause in there to pay the same 105ME total or whatever it was.

If Bayern don't win the CL and Kane heads back to Tottenham in 2 years then the transfer has massively failed and they've taken a loss lol

Ahmadi8 repped this.