Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Rodri is some other beast of a player.

2. Álvaro Morata

Nov 28, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How that happend i will never understand. He was nothing special at Valencia and i can't see top shelf qualities but props for the guy, he does really well at City.

3. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #12928 boeder, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    LMFAO Pathetico choke at the death vs Lazio, the GK scores in the 94th minute..just wow..

RMSocrates, Deep Pal and Halycon repped this.
  4. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    All our DMs are better and Madrid is perfect. If you disagree, go support City.

Some good matches today. UCL always reminds me how great it is to work from home haha.

Serengeti_Boy, Deep Pal and ImadEdd repped this.
  6. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    I didn't even compare him to Madrid's midfield at all. Only you lol.

hector_br repped this.
  7. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Guardiola.

Think about how many players looked absolute elite in his teams only to drop levels anywhere else. Not to say Rodri sucks or anything, but it has been a thing ever since he started his managerial career. Partly it is due to the fact that his teams play such an imposing game. Which in turns helps all individuals. And he is of course a great manager who is able to get each one of his players to play at their very best.

Raumdeuter, Stiliyan, MaxY and 7 others repped this.
  8. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Was this a Spanish ref who gave that penalty to PSG?

Shocking decision. Has to be a Spanish ref. And the funniest thing was how confidently he did it too. Not even a hesitation. Lol

RMSocrates repped this.
  9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #12934 Shay Z, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    I hate that one of my favorite players (Felix) now wears that crappy shirt. Absolutely hate that.

Edit: Patheticccooooo Madrid. How wonderful was that.

RMSocrates, Halycon and boeder repped this.
  10. boeder

boeder Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Feb 27, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lol I think he was being sarcastic.

The fact that he used plural for DMs when we have ONE DM (Carlo disagrees) should have been your first clue.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It is, but this guy is the classic melt that says we'll never win, always predicts the team to lose then celebrates when Madrid wins. Just the total loser mentality.

It makes everybody miserable.

I know the fact that Madrid has won so many trophies means that's the only thing people are there for, but it still annoys me a lot. People don't want to enjoy the games, they'd rather skip to the end of the season.

Airjao, RMSocrates, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Had Royal And1 on all of my parlays for yesterday, they had a big chance for the upset!

One thing that will never not be funny is Spanish teams lose in Europe = omg this League is so shit, Spanish teams win in Europe = omg we're doomed

RMSocrates, Saeta Rubia and Digital repped this.
  13. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    It never ceases to amaze how an already extreme viewpoint is somehow, someway even blown to an even more absurd extreme to prove their point. :ROFLMAO:

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want the Spanish teams to do well in Europe. If Atleti beats Bayern, City or PSG 6-0, it makes my day. For others here it's reason to be jealous and miserable, but it doesn't matter.

BocaFan, petros93 and Raul-7 repped this.
  15. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    I agree; we might be a minority. But I really want Spanish teams to do well as it will bring in more revenue to the league as a whole. Without Barcelona it would be like Ligue Uber Eats.

It's bad enough teams like West Ham, Aston Villa, etc. can outspend all the teams in our league.

Stiliyan, petros93 and RoadMan repped this.
  16. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I want Barcelona to lose even if it's the u14 women's volleyball team. That being said, CL group games, especially against random Belgian teams, matters very little to anyone but the teams playing.

RMSocrates, Shay Z, Digital and 3 others repped this.
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Valencia was a hateful team, and Depor were a pain for as long as it lasted, but arguably the football was better when there were a lot of strong teams from Spain around.

18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

And our insecure Madrid fans, or really closeted Barcelona and City fans

RMSocrates and Digital repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is the one that gets me the most. Same with people that were in panic mode about Chelsea spending all that money. Sometimes you have to sit and watch it all play out.

RMSocrates, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

And not too cocky or too insecure less than 10 games into the season

it’s a looooooong season

RMSocrates repped this.
  21. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Well, the "ignore" button can be your friend in those cases, lol.

Some guys said the poster in question was "panicking." I think he's annoyed, just as I am, that Barcelona manages to dominate games against teams like Betis, for example, which we rarely do.

The end of the season is what matters and I'm quite happy with our team. But I know this team well. If we start dropping points by December/January, we can kiss another league goodbye. That's no panicking. It is acknowledging the team's typical drop in form/lost interest in La Liga.

22. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Or...back the team and coach until it's over. Not before we've even faced them (City / Barce) or before the season has finished.

Midget mentality at it's finest.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some people have been at it for years. It's all a self defense mechanism, just prepare for the worst in case it happens.

Also, as a mod I can't ignore people as much as I'd want to.

My idea is that some people are incredibly entitled and think the club owes them a trophy per year. You're saying yourself that there's other good teams as well, it's natural.

RMSocrates, Shay Z, hector_br and 4 others repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kane's family not moving to Munich and buyback clause reports during the same week.

I think he won't play out his contract in Munich. Especially if the family doesn't move to Germany long term

25. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    And if Bayern spent all that money to get him, horrible business.