Activate Another Lever and Still Lose to a Madrid Remontada - The Small Teams Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Sep 2, 2022.

1. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's not good, and cost a ton, but the memes are a bit too much, I wouldn't go as far as calling him the Harry Maguire of defenders :p

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    All the players Mpaypal tried recruiting rejected him and PSG. [emoji23] And Zizou as well.

Lyra and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pele unresponsive to chemo.

Has been moved to end of life care. Prayers.

Deep Pal, Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PigBenis, Raul-7, Serengeti_Boy and 11 others repped this.
  6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    hmmmm, yes.

7. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Wow

Digital and J-Mezzy repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That is pretty incredible

PigBenis, dooda, Serengeti_Boy and 5 others repped this.
  9. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did all this to become a (very handsomely paid) circus attraction. Sad turn of events.

Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    The guy is about to be 38. If anything this worked handsomely in his favor because some Manchester fans credit him for causing the stir which forced the Glazers hand in wanting to sell and he gets to make an absolute killing playing friendlies.

He probably will still negotiate a deal where he finishes his club career at one of the remaining CL knockout sides as well.

The guy basically won

Lyra repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

"He has an agreement with a CL side! He just has to! Why would he do that??"

Pretty much confirms that nobody wanted to touch this guy in the summer either. Just way too toxic.

You guys made fun of Xavi for chasing a bag over there, now don't sell me Ronaldo as a winner for doing the same.

The public will consider this an L for Ronaldo and I do so too.

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    It’s neither a win or a loss (or it’s both).

Ronaldo was in a toxic environment where he was being given the scapegoat treatment by a manager determined to bolster his authority, so leaving was a win for him.

Failing to secure a CL club is a loss for him, but getting paid silly sums is not a bad consolation prize.

PigBenis and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Who is you guys? Stop letting your hate for that man blind you. You act as if he offended you personally.

Xavi was 35 when he went there for a pay day. I have always been for players making the best financial situation for themselves; I have only been against it when they are young and in their prime and make their sole focus money.

Anything he does you consider an L because your bitter as ******** like some discarded old divorcee.

You can't even have a objective conversation about the guy yet rail on people who do the same for messi and other players you're soft on.

PigBenis repped this.
  15. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He went after the cash, and it doesn't look good for him, esp. after what Mendez tried to do in the summer, but then again he's close to 40, so it makes sense.

I don't care either way, happy that we've got nothing to do with this mess.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still say it's Bayern!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ran from the smoke vs Barca as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't live with them absolutely battering his team and the crowd using the Camp Nou match as a "let's bring back the anti Ronaldo classics" concert for 90 minutes.

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For me, he is entitled to do whatever he wants. If he wants to just chase money that's his business. Although selling out to Saudi Arabia can be viewed as dubious right now. Messi has done the same becoming a spokesperson for their tourism industry. I guess there is a price point they can't resist it. I recently saw a nice quote about football as it relates to FIFA and could be applied to this situation (and the EPL) ... "Football is a sport that is for sale and all buyers are welcome".

I do find it strange that somebody who is so accomplished and probably has all the money he and his kids will ever need to make such a move. Players who moved to the Middle East, as far as I remember, did it because they didn't exactly made obscene amounts of money during their career and just wanted some future financial security. It would make more sense if he has some future business projects to invest in his home island of Madeira.

It's a bit of an L in the sense that he just released an interview making him out to be a hot commodity with clubs lining up for his services blaming his sub-performance on pre-season issues and his teammates.

And oh yeah ... they better not spin this as it not being about the money. :ROFLMAO:

Cosmin10 repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He went on television to claim Manchester United isn't a club with ambition, highlighting the bad state of the facilities, and he went to play at leisure center level.

How does that make sense?

Deep Pal, Cosmin10, petros93 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah its a massive L. Yikes if true. I thought he was not happy with the level of ManU, believing that hes better than that. Instead he just wanted more money. Yikes.

20. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pipe down

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All very irrelevant IMO, watching the new talent on show ( and Luka lol)

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    4-5 sources reported about this deal. Guess it won't be officially confirmed as long as Portugal are in the World Cup.

23. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The Saudis are trying to host the 2030 WC Finals. Is this a part of the plot to boost Saudi's profile in football? They already bought Newcastle.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, celito and 3 others repped this.
  24. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Regardless of his destination, expect him to announce it walking off the field after they get knocked out.

No better way to deflect criticism.

25. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

He will announce it at the final so the attention is on him

Deep Pal and celito repped this.