ACSTL vs. TB

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by Nyghtewynd, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Nyghtewynd

Nyghtewynd I'd Rather Walk Alone

May 30, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that'll be the end of the playoffs, kids.

Eventually you just have to admit that this team has suffered all year with a complete inability to finish matches. I don't know whether it's a talent problem or a heart problem, but it's something that had better be addressed in the off-season. How many points has this team wasted in stoppage time so far this year? Enough to be in the playoffs?

2. TetsuoShima

TetsuoShima New Member

Jun 9, 2005
    St. louis Metro East
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have to agree on this.. our biggest issue all season is finishing the games off strong. I am too lazy to do it *cough* :p but I would love to see out of all our draws how many did we have the lead and gave it up to a draw and how many we came from behind to get the draw. I think we gave up more leads .. or maybe it just feels that way.

3. jasontoon

jasontoon Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, a sickeningly familiar conclusion to a game that should have been a huge win for AC. If soccer games were 60 minutes long, we'd be in the thick of the playoff pack. Road draws aren't enough at this point.

4. Battra

Battra Member

Feb 3, 2010
    South St. Louis City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can think of four games we coughed up in stoppage time.

@ Vancouver
    @NSC Minnesota
    vs NSC Minnesota
    @ Tampa Bay

That's 8 points pissed away.

5. time4wine

time4wine Member

Mar 13, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes, that game most probably was the end of our run. We can still make the playoffs but it's becoming very unlikely.
    I just don't understand why in those last couple minutes we were playing frantic. It was like we were playing hot potato, had to get rid of the ball as soon as we got it and just couldn't make the smart short passes and ended up losing the ball in the midfield. Idk maybe Schilly said "we have to score!" and the team was going for it instead of playing a strategic game that not only keeps the ball away from the opposing team but can also lead to a goal. I understand it is harder to do that when the opposing team is applying pressure, but it's not unthinkable, you just have to adjust. uuurrrghhh!!