Acb & rs?

Discussion in 'Galaxy Supporters Clubs' started by scsc2000, Apr 17, 2009.

1. scsc2000

scsc2000 Member

Jul 7, 2008
    I've always like the cross-stadium "LA" "Galaxy" cheer, hopefully you know what I'm talking about. But it seems like nobody else gets involved, it would be quite a site if the whole stadium does it.

I wonder if this has ever been tried. Send a couple member of your group to the front of every section of the stadium, Synchonize everyone to do the chant at a certain minute mark. Maybe at the 20 minute mark?

There might be a problem with the ticket Nazi standing at the entrance of every section, but I'm sure this is something you guys can work out with the Galaxy FO?

2. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I was thinking about this too. It would be pretty sweet to get half of the stadium to say LA and the other to say Galaxy.

We already have it scheduled for a certain time. We do it at 15 mins and at 60 mins.

3. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hey man, join us and help us out. Good idea.

4. scsc2000

scsc2000 Member

Jul 7, 2008
    I'm already in section 132, I'll volunteer if it's planned.

5. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    It's already planned. Every 15th & 60th minute. Just look out for when the ACB starts waving our hands to get the riot squad attention and get 132 up and going.

6. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    132 is closer to ACB's half right? I say you try to get your section to do the LA part. At minute 15 is the first time it happens. We wait to hear ACB do the LA then we respond and then on and on for like a minute.

Give it a go next time.

7. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to try. Even if it's just you standing and doing it, you did your part and we thank you.

You do this the next game and we'll work harder getting the sections around us to do it also.

8. scsc2000

scsc2000 Member

Jul 7, 2008
    unfortunately, I sit near season ticket holders who find it hard to stand even to cheer for a goal. I'll need a bit of help. I think if it was gonna work, as I stated above, we'll need a couple of maestro in every section.

9. css71588

css71588 Member

Apr 20, 2009
    perris ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i remember years ago at the rose bowl there was a guy in the side line with a drum walking the whole sideline getting everyone into the game even the wave went around the rose bowl what happen to him

on the season opener i was sitting in section 115 and some kids like 10years old started the wave so i jump in and help we got it from section 115 to 121
    but ACB didt jump in but they where to into the game i don't blame i think we can get the wave going pretty easy

10. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Never could understand 'the wave' whats it all about, maybe its because i'am english, but i just dont get it.

11. Anti-Legion

Anti-Legion New Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Rialto
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors

I'm all for the wave. We're trying to get the whole stadium involved in supporting the team so I'm for the wave because it gets people up, it brings an electric feel to the stadium. I like it. I hope soon we will start it, but I don't see it right now only because it does interfere with what we do. I'm for it though.

12. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ACB got it started twice at the Sol game.

But yeah, during the Galaxy it tends to get in the way with what we do. But I don't see us stopping it, I mean we're already standing up.

13. mparker

mparker Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Section 141 Row G
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate the wave! Standing cheering and singing are great, the wave needs to die a quick death.

14. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The wave" is for bored people who don't care about the game...

NO

WAVE

15. Crime

Crime New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Wilmington
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I remember this... I remember thinking "Thats sooo baseball (which I hate!) or american football" and was like whatever. Seeing as how ACB was already standing up anyways... the wave could have just continued on thru with us joining by default (cuz we were already standing HAHA)

16. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, even since the Rose Bowl days, LARS would sit down when the "wave" hit us.

We are still anti-wave. Why? Because they cause cancer.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

PS: Of course, a few years ago we pointed out that waves/tsunamis killed 250,000 people that year... but we pointed it out in song form.

17. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The wave is our American thing. I know there a are a lot of soccer snobs in supporters groups, but why not embrace our own traditionj, instead of trying to copy Euro chants/styles?

Why do you hate America Tommy Mack? Why?

18. armani

armani Member

Dec 18, 2007
    u just dont understand america..;)

19. Vindo310

Vindo310 Member+

Mar 19, 2009
    South Bay LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am no euro-snob but the wave just sucks. At a baseball game it is ok because the games are boring and you don't need to constantly pay attention. At a soccer game I like to watch the game not watch the crowd and then wait for my turn to wave. Now if it was before the game or something that would be cool.

20. Lolonearbyyolo

Apr 17, 2006
    Section 138
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harry Callahan, correct me if I am wrong, but that "American" thing you are referring to is known as 'The Mexican Wave' abroad.

PS Waves cause cancer.

21. Crime

Crime New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Wilmington
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soo... ACB was bored beyond all belief at the Sol game? :D

22. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have you actually listened to the lyrics for "A Horse With No Name?" It's completely inane.

tm
    lars

23. mr prolific

mr prolific Member

Jan 30, 2008
    SLC
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the wave is ********ing lame

24. greenarrow1134

greenarrow1134 New Member

May 30, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    touche.

25. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I stand corrected., yep it is called the mexican wave..