Academic Year 19/20 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Lord Kril, Aug 7, 2019.

1. SkaterGator

SkaterGator New Member

Sounders
    United States
    Jan 31, 2020
    What types of mid-major D1 schools are most at risk for major cuts or program eliminations?

2. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Would have to say programs 66-320. Group of 5 have sent letters to NCAA asking for a 4 year relief of the sponsorship of 16 programs mandate. Olympic coaches have responded that if relief is given, programs will not return...

3. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
  4. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Holy Cross website currently is showing Caitlin Pickul as Interim Head Coach.

5. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Footyballs and Sledhead repped this.
  6. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
  7. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Is there any thread about assistant jobs that are open?

8. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    I've never seen that on BS for women's teams. This thread is mostly speculation with news sprinkled in about D1 Head Coach openings. Folks with D3 interest had their own thread.
    Need to check the NCAA Market and United Soccer Coaches has a listing. The HR page of the school(s) you're interested in as well.
    As you know I assume, this is going to be a really bad summer for assistant coach positions in just about every sport. Hang in there.

Fitballer and Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  9. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I asked this question to an assistant coach once, how did you find this job? unfortunately most assistant jobs aren't really posted. the coaches have a giant list serve e-mail they can send out and most of the time the head coaches either know who they want or they just send out an e-mail to all the other coaches saying they are looking for an assistant. D1 assistant jobs can be hard to get because of this. you have to be in the know

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  10. PoptartKing

PoptartKing Member

Feb 11, 2020
    ping repped this.
  11. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    I have tried to ignore all the ULM chatter on here since he was hired in Jan. but there is a ton of ULM players in the transfer portal...seems like new ones everyday.

12. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Roster of 25 in the fall, graduated 4. Since March, 11 have entered the portal, although 1 withdrew from the portal. That leaves 10 out of 21 from last fall in the portal. I don't think it too far fetched to guess that 1 or 2 quit without going into the portal. I would say that is a significant house cleaning going on down at ULM.

13. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    United States Virgin Islands
    Dec 19, 2018
    Another ULM one listed today. 11 leaving. So at best if none just quit soccer, will have 10 returners from a 3 win team in a heavy corona inflicted small town. Doesn't help that their coach said to others that he had zero talent on his roster and that his division 2 players could beat his current ULM ones. Not a great outlook to bash them to others. If they heard his smack talk regarding his own team, maybe that's why 11 listed in the portal in the past three months.

14. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    The one who withdrew last month goes back in.

15. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys just don’t give it a rest do you? What happened, you get beat out of a job? Lose recruits to him? He take your lunch money?

It’s rather old. Get over it.

It’s completely within NCAA rules to let players transfer. It’s completely within the rules to ask players to leave.

2019 - 3 wins
    2018 - 0 wins
    2017 - 3 wins

What coach wouldn’t want to have a complete overhaul? What competitive player would want to continue this trend? This is a non-issue. As usual. You look pretty sad and desperate here.

16. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    footy- please provide us with the data In 3 months on where these poor girls ended up going and playing.....

17. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Maybe it’s something to do with being in Louisiana- feel like the Tech guy has half his roster on the portal between November and March. Perhaps the ULM coach needs to release these girls to raise the money he needs for that NAIA player he was tapping up :)

Footyballs repped this.
  18. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Grambling, too.

19. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Maybe the kids just don’t like the coaches and want to leave. Or they don’t like the southern climate.

20. SuperHyperVenom

Jan 7, 2019
    I don't know anything about the coach, but look at the roster - the girls are international or from CA or TX. Perhaps they simply don't like losing or Monroe, LA. Sort of high crime and nothing to do.

21. Chris Mahr

Chris Mahr New Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Mar 6, 2019
    Can we move on from ULM please, he's not getting fired. Yes he's a complete scumbag and we all hope karma comes back to bite him......NEXT!

22. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Is there any link to get a look at the transfer portal for us regular folks or is it protected? I’d like to see who all is on there

23. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    It’s limited to just NCAA schools. Protected by username and passwords for each school

Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  24. Sophos

Sophos Member

Feb 20, 2020
    No it's protected. You need an NCAA login. I think the idea was the "big sport" athletes could look in privacy, but they all tweet it as soon as they enter the portal anyway so it does not really work. NCAA sends out a couple emails a year threatening people with giving away information from the portal.

Footyballs and Soccerguy1022 repped this.
  25. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    That makes sense, thanks. I’m not in the college game anymore but still like to follow the gossip and headlines and was just curious