Academic Year 19/20 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Lord Kril, Aug 7, 2019.

1. AZ House

AZ House New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 19, 2019
    Not saying to stick with it. But to burn bridges and have no shot at the CA top tier talent? And some of the girls driven away were lower Top Tier and 2nd tier players. Not 3rd and 4th. And no, they weren’t winning championships. But they also weren’t in last place in the pac 12.

2. DemitriMaximoffX

Aug 19, 2006
    They literally finished in last place in the Pac-12 in Boyd's last year.

outsiderview repped this.
  3. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

Yup. That seat isn’t even warm just now. Couple more years maybe but until 2021
    I don’t think we can be talking about ASU on the hot list.

4. AZ House

AZ House New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 19, 2019
    Say his contract is up for renewal after next season and he has a season like the current one he is having. I know 10 years ago he would have been safe. But with the current “win now” climate would you say he is safe?

5. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    As long as football stays relevant and he keeps every girl on that roster happy- he can coach there for the next 20 yrs.

6. AZ House

AZ House New Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Oct 19, 2019
    Nearly impossible to even keep 1/3 of the girls happy when you don’t sub. By what I watched today it appears the team has quit on coach Graham Winkworth.

7. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Quitters......

outsiderview repped this.
  8. MFF1910

MFF1910 Member

Sep 11, 2018
    A few conferences have finished up regular season play this past weekend. This could be the first week of changes. Where are the first changes going to come?

9. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a complete list of around 30 programs, which I will post at the conclusion of the season, but in my opinion, these are some of the hottest.

FIU
    Nevada
    Pacific (CA)
    Evansville
    Louisiana Monroe
    Grand Canyon

WACySOCCERWORLD repped this.
  10. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    I am hearing Grand Canyon very likely out as contract is up at the end of the season...Not sure if someone posted by Southern Utah let their coach go midseason...

11. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

Iowa state will most likely be open.

12. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    official now. He’s resigning following last game this week.

13. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017

I would think with it being Iowa the best chance of a quality candidate may be someone familiar with the Midwest and how to recruit there. Maybe look at a power 5 assistant or a successful head coach. Horner at Drake is close and has been successful. Bimbi at Loyola has done a good job in the same conference. Coach at UMKC has built a quality mid major program too. All solid in region options.

gkrock1996 repped this.
  14. gkrock1996

gkrock1996 New Member

Manchester City
    Germany
    Oct 11, 2019
    Bimbi has a contract through 2022 and seems very loyal to Loyola. Iowa State is Big 12 and needs to be more competitive. Entire coaching staff needs a revamping. Has quality talent on the squad but needs a different coaching style. I question Iowa State's commitment to soccer. The coaches conference record over 6 years was 7-40-4. I'm surprised they kept him for that long.

15. ytrs

ytrs Member+

Jan 24, 2018
    Iowa State has never cared. Go through their history. They are notorious for retaining under achievers in soccer, even multiple DUI's by same coach (not the current one).

16. Soccerguy1022

Soccerguy1022 Member

Manchester City
    United States
    Nov 28, 2018
    Does anyone have a break down of how all of the new 1st year coaches did this year? I've looked up a few but couldn't remember them all.

17. allovercollegesoccer

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Louisiana Monroe is officially Open

18. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014
    Nothing on website to back that up...yet!

19. HouseofCards

HouseofCards Member

Nov 26, 2012
    WACySOCCERWORLD and cpthomas repped this.
  20. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    FWIW, previous coach at SUU was making mid 70s, while previous pay for ULM was in the 40-50 range.

21. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    ULM would be a very tough job. school just doesn't have any money for athletics and it definitely doesn't spend it on soccer.

PoetryInMotion repped this.
  22. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Being in the state I could see the Iowa assistant having a look after the season they are having. In the state of Iowa I would think the drake coach and Iowa assistant offer two local options that would do well.

23. outsiderview

outsiderview Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Charlotte
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Iowa 1st asst has only been there for less than a year. Although does have D1 HC experience.

24. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    I would be surprised if SUU was actually paying mid 70s...More openings I am sure to come this next week or so.

25. CASLKING

CASLKING Member

Houston dash
    United States
    May 20, 2018
    Very easy to find Southern Utah salary:
    Southern Utah University
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Results
    THOMPSON, FREDERICK C.(HEAD SOCCER COACH) $75,825.40

Just go to utah.gov and find the transparency page, takes a few clicks, but you can find any Utah soccer coach salary.