Academic Year 19/20 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Lord Kril, Aug 7, 2019.

1. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #5 overall, by the RPI. #7 by Massey (behind all the P5 conferences and the West Coast Conference as well).

As the Women's Soccer Committee appears to have recognized, whether by intent or chance, the League's teams effectively "gamed" the RPI as a conference by scheduling their non-conference games in a way that allowed them to maximize their winning percentages without much regard for the strength of the teams against which they played. The RPI, with its current structure, is susceptible to that kind of gaming.

Brown appeared to me to be the one team that really didn't do that although even it had some real cupcakes on its schedule.

2. iamdelgado

iamdelgado Member

Dec 3, 2019
    The Ivy League is in a tough spot. They start playing regular season games a week later which is a huge disadvantage in scheduling top teams. They play every Sat for 7 years so scheduling mid week games in late Sept and Oct are impossible due to other conferences beginning their regular season league games. Princeton making an elite 8 by beating NC State and UNC on the road is very very impressive. Brown going down to Texas A&M and getting a point was solid result as well. Watch out for Harvard this year as well.

Brown, Princeton and Hsrvard this year all will be very tough to beat. Hopefully they get 2 teams into the NCAA tournament.

3. upper left

upper left Member

Crystal Palace
    Uruguay
    Jan 27, 2018
    Gone on to great jobs is an understatement.
    Pure speculation, but... current assoc at Vandy served under DA at Penn. If the job isn't being offered to the Penn asst, then KM has to be on their short list, right? Nashville is awfully nice place to live though.

4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    That link just tried to install software on my machine, so be cautious.

The NYT has an article that a whole slew of parents plead guilty today, under pressure that additional charges known as federal programs bribery would be added, and prosecutors have said they will add the charges next week to holdouts.

the most charming plea was from Manuel Henriquez, who plead guilty while blaming his own and his children’s unspecified ‘ learning disabilities’.

Henriquez is founder of an equity firm. No word on how he overcame his disability.

upper left and blissett repped this.
  5. BreakfastBlend

BreakfastBlend Red Card

Ajax
    United States
    Feb 11, 2020
    until he was found out he was probably making more money than any other soccer coach in the country maybe he was onto something :)

6. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Filled
    Georgia Southern - Josh Moffet (interim in 2019)
    UNLV - Jenny Ruiz-Williams (Oregon State assistant)
    Yale - Sarah Martinez (Yale assistant)
    Southern Utah - Kai Edwards (Cal volunteer assistant)
    LSU - Sian Hudson (Colorado-Colorado Springs head coach)
    Stephen F. Austin - Tony Minatta (former Iowa State head coach)
    Iowa State - Matt Fannon (Bowling Green State head coach)
    Loyola Marymount - Jenny Bindon (UCLA assistant)
    Marshall - Michael Swan (UNC Charlotte assistant)
    Robert Morris - Chris Shaw (former UNLV head coach)
    Evansville - Chris Pfau (Evansville assistant)
    Colgate - Lyndse Hokanson (Georgetown assistant)
    Oklahoma - Mark Carr (women’s USYNT U20 head coach)
    Marquette - Frank Pelaez (Loyola Chicago associate head coach)
    Grand Canyon - Chris Cissell (UMKC head coach)
    American - Marsha Harper (former UMass assistant)
    Oregon - Graeme Abel (former USWNT assistant)
    Charleston Southern - Jose Gomez (former Liberty men’s associate head coach)
    Washington - Nicole Van Dyke (Pennsylvania head coach)
    Pacific - Ed Moore (Boise State assistant)
    Temple - Nick Bochette (Albany head coach)
    Louisiana Monroe - Sean Fraser (Lincoln Memorial head coach)
    ETSU - Jay Yelton (Samford associate head coach)
    St. Mary's College - Theresa Romagnolo (Seattle volunteer assistant)
    Long Island University - Collin Audley (Kentucky assistant)
    Bowling Green State - Jimmy Walker (Findlay head coach)
    Western Michigan - Sammy Boateng (interim in 2019)
    UMKC - Jess Smith (former Kansas State assistant)
    Albany - Leigh Howard (Marist head coach)

Vacant
    Cornell
    Pennsylvania
    Jacksonville
    South Carolina State
    Arkansas Pine Bluff
    Marist
    Saint Peter’s

7. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    St. Peter’s position is listed as part time, what a joke! So is there head volleyball position FWIW. Unbelievable. Not exactly the cheapest place in the country to live, either.

8. pitchprotector

pitchprotector New Member

United States
    Feb 15, 2020
    That is a pretty serious allegation and assumption. If you have facts to support, please share to back up your statement about the situation. If a crime was committed, wouldn’t that not only impact the players spot on the team but also attendance at the school?

9. BreakfastBlend

BreakfastBlend Red Card

Ajax
    United States
    Feb 11, 2020
    I will withdraw my assertion that Louisiana Monroe is hot for 2020 they were present at the Houston ECNL event this weekend so clearly their administration didn’t worry too much about recruiting violations. Rules aren’t a big deal these days.

10. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

The issue is that for sure admins don’t want to deal with these issues and because it’s women’s soccer they don’t want to wast their time on this. Other problem is schools like UCLA are breaking rules all the time and admins look at it like if they don’t do anything about these things we won’t. What Louisiana Monroe did was bad but it’s the type of bad administrations are willing to accept

11. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The issue is this rumor is absurd. Have already stated that previously.

It needs to stop. That's not what this thread is about. Moderators should do their jobs and police this rubbish. Simple as that.

Socr4evaH repped this.
  12. BreakfastBlend

BreakfastBlend Red Card

Ajax
    United States
    Feb 11, 2020
    wah wah wah you either are the ULM coach or know him. This happened. I don’t like it dislike the guy but messaging girls from other schools it pretty bad. This is a hot seat forum and that seat could possibly be hit next year because of this but it’s an opinion.

Again this thread is about a hot seat and ULM may be hot because of these recruiting violations so it is relevant to this this page.

13. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

14. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I stated previously, put up or shut up.

This isn't a place to slander. Either provide the proof, or stop. It's not hard.

15. BreakfastBlend

BreakfastBlend Red Card

Ajax
    United States
    Feb 11, 2020
    It isn’t just me that knows about this. It’s not slander it’s a fact. The only reason I’m not releasing the messages is because I’ve been asked not to. A lot of coaches know this happened. Keep crying about it though if you need to.

16. HuggerMugger

HuggerMugger New Member

PSV Eindhoven
    United States
    Feb 12, 2020
    After speaking with other coaches this weekend, it does look like this is true. Coaches from the area were more than confident saying it happened. They had spoken to coaches whose players had been approached.
    Sometimes it can be such a disappointment when you defend someone thinking they are different and they turn out to be just as everyone said.

17. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017
    Few things:

1) yes it seems like this happened and was a talking point at the ECNL event this weekend. But a few years ago WVU were caught contacting recruits illegally so don’t expect this to be a big deal. But it does make the coach sort of a douche.

2) Can we move this to another thread?

3) what is happening with Jacksonville??

Footyballs repped this.
  18. Dadof3

Dadof3 New Member

Benfica
    Brazil
    Dec 28, 2019
    The ULM coach with out a doubt has contacted players. If Pontchat wants prove the coaches will go to the NCAA and then the ULM coach will no longer be employed.
    This is a forum and this topic fits here.

19. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let’s see here...

BreakfastBlend - new member
    Dadof3 - new member
    HuggerMugger - new member

All say same thing. All say it’s “proven.” Yet, none provide any proof. Shocker...not really. Did you guys happen to lose a job you wanted? Maybe lost a game or two? Get outrecruited (legally)?

Is it really that bad in southern Alabama or southern Tennessee? You have nothing better to do than slander a coach? Especially on a recruiting trip? Shouldn’t you focus on your own programs?

Don’t worry, it’s Saul Goode. No one notices how petty you are.

20. Footyballs

Footyballs Member

Barcelona
    United States Virgin Islands
    Dec 19, 2018
    Jacksonville offered but don't know if the person accepted. That was last week. So somebody knows... Just not me. I could find out by asking a player, but was hoping JU would do their job and release their hired this week as it was supposed to be wrapped up by mid Feb. But we'll see.

Side question, when is Tarleton State starting their soccer program? I saw the announcement for adding it. But didn't know if it was 2021, or 2022 and when they intend to hire a HC to start recruiting.

21. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew

I’m not a new member and I will say there was some chatter about this at the ecnl event this weekend. I think it’s a shady deal but it happens more than we care to think.

22. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006
    lol. You presume too much. It could be BreakfastBlend and a sock puppet for each hand.

if there were these posting invitations on social media, they are forever on the web. One of the socks ought to be able to show one.

23. ThePonchat

ThePonchat Member+

#ProRelForUSA
    United States
    Jan 10, 2013
    I've Been Everywhere Man
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I presume too much, maybe I know too much?

As I’ve stated since the first blabber, prove it. It’s not hard. They have nothing. There are a couple coaches who must have had their cereal peed in. It’s much easier to hide than to face it head on. That’s the reason they hide here and hide as they send emails to ADs and a President anonymously. Can’t even put their name out there because of the lies.

24. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Dixie State coach could end up at JU...

Footyballs repped this.
  25. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Funny how some coaches certain years (or every year, ha!) are up, in the mix for almost every job you hear about. This year it seems to be the Dixie coach and the former Ball State coach. Just interesting.