Academic Year 19/20 Hot Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Lord Kril, Aug 7, 2019.

1. OGSoccerCoach

OGSoccerCoach Member

May 11, 2017
    The battle of the worst two D1 (or any NCAA D1 or D2) in Florida was today. FIU 3 - 0 Jacksonville. Seems the JU seat should be warm at the end of the year - right now the coach is 1-17-1 overall with a -43 GD ( 7 goals scored in that span) and I could see them not winning a game this season.

I guess the administrations idea to hire a donor/board members little sister (with nominal experience) to replace an experienced coach (who, in all fairness, was trending downwards, but with the least resources in the league) isn’t working out too well - even with a scholarship and budget bump.

2. Fish On

Fish On Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    AC Mantova
    Yeah, but congrats to FIU........

3. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Towson’s season is starting off rough! 2 players have already quit! Head coach having difficulties with putting the right combination of players together. Already conducting individual disciplinary moral meetings with new players! Won’t be surprised if several are already looking to transfer! Not a good sign! Can’t build a winning program with a house divided! Seat is getting warmer!

4. PlaySimple

PlaySimple Member

Sep 22, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    "Moral" meetings or "morale" meetings?

I'm not trying to be a grammar Nazi but I don't know what a moral meeting is.

5. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Morals! On and off the field type conduct!

6. Cantcoach

Cantcoach Member

Barcelona
    United States
    Dec 29, 2017
    I would add Indiana State to the hot seat. They’re getting worse and worse each year.

7. devad

devad Member

Nov 18, 2012
    The same coach who ran the Loyola program into the ground. Are you surprised?

8. Bucknuts3

Bucknuts3 New Member

Leicester City
    United States
    Oct 31, 2017
    Wow the house is definitely burning down! Two freshmen starters out with season ending injuries and they haven’t even begun conference play. Local recruits are already running for the hills and no solution in sight. This seat should be set at hell not hot!

9. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I apologize for not knowing how Towson structures their contracts, but I don’t see them doing a thing this year if she has two or more years left unless goes totally out of control. I would agree the situation isn’t good, and won’t end up with a positive outcome. From all appearances, it seems Towson is invested in the sport of women’s soccer now, so perhaps they won’t let it spiral out of control? You have to question how this even came to be, what was Towson thinking?

I would also agree that Indiana State should be hot. She is in her fourth season and nothing has changed.

10. Bucknuts3

Bucknuts3 New Member

Leicester City
    United States
    Oct 31, 2017

I think they have a three year deal and she is in the 2nd year of that contract. One more year at best.

11. staffstaff

staffstaff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 12, 2016
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still a lot of season left.
    If only one year, I bet they run out the contract.

12. Bucknuts3

Bucknuts3 New Member

Leicester City
    United States
    Oct 31, 2017

They should actually conduct a nationwide search to find a good candidate this time instead of the cheapest, local option. Agree they have great resources but not sure if they have been used to get national talent.

13. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Not familiar with their program? Do they have great recruiting options available in state? We shall see how this season thorns out!

14. Collegewhispers

Collegewhispers Member+

Oct 27, 2011
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I believe they are fully funded. They should be better than they are.

15. southma

southma New Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 20, 2018
    Low level UIW head coach in Southland Conference should be on the hot seat. Something fishy is going on with how she uses/doesn't use her team's money and the emotional abuse she heaps on all her players. She is the pariah of all sport coaches at UIW and their AD just recently resigned out of the blue. Her star player recently "quit" the team, and she immediately went into cover up mode for some reason.

I'm sure the Catholic school she works for would also be interested to know she actively prevents the players from praying before games, citing NCAA rules, which never seems to be a problem for any other team.

Even though she is in her 2nd year at UIW, this coach is on her 3rd assistant coach. Something smells at UIW.

16. Sam Miami

Sam Miami Member

Bayern Munich
    Germany
    Sep 11, 2019
    How can you possibly know so much about a school you are calling UIW?

UW = Washington
    UF = Florida
    USC = Southern Cal
    FSU = Florida State

What does UIW stand for? This is a real question...

17. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    university of incarnate word

18. Lord Kril

Lord Kril Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Jul 3, 2018
    I really wish disgruntled parents didn't post on this board. Is anyone willing to guess---is this a mommy or a daddy?

outsiderview repped this.
  19. southma

southma New Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 20, 2018

Sounds more like a disgruntled fellow professional in the program to me. If this coach is on her 3rd assistant, why wouldn't everyone who works around her know about her program?

20. Lord Kril

Lord Kril Member

Pittsburgh Riverhounds
    Jul 3, 2018
    Wrong Account?

Wildcatter repped this.
  21. Wildcatter

Wildcatter Member

Sep 9, 2018
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: This might be the best thing I have seen on this site:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

22. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hahahahaha. Classic.

23. FutbolFan15

FutbolFan15 Member

Orlando city
    Brazil
    Oct 31, 2017
    Fully funded or not! Watched Towson vs George Mason today and Coach KV seat unfortunately, is super hot! SMH

24. Rockhopp3r

Rockhopp3r New Member

FC Cincinnati
    United States
    May 11, 2019
    Evansville should be hot. Haven’t had a winning season since 2014 and 1-5-1 so far this year.

25. PoetryInMotion

Feb 7, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not saying I disagree, but they made the NCAA Tournament in there somewhere, didn’t they? Coach there has been a long time, sometimes one or two of those is enough to keep a coach like that around, despite an otherwise losing record.

Saw her assistant was the coach that washed out at Houston, thought that was interesting. You either can recruit to your level or you can’t.