AC STL: Kit Mock-Ups

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by Sport Billy, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    So something more like this?

[​IMG]

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good looking kit. Very simple. Very classy. I really like it. I'm not always one for white tops but the two vertical stripes do it justice. I could actually see something very similar actually being used.

3. IndyMac

IndyMac Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Evansville, Indiana
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it, except for the green dots on the sides.

I think the white outline around the badge makes a big difference.

4. VandalPlus

VandalPlus New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Favorites so far

5. atlanticTFCfan

atlanticTFCfan Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 14, 2007
    Sydney, Nova Scotia
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Best of the bunch so far. :cool:

6. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did these before with the old SLSU colors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. residentbenchwarmer

residentbenchwarmer New Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Chesterfield, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good work as always, KeeperDad. I really like what you come up with each time. Not sure about the front piping, though. Maybe replace it with a straight line running down the sides for the top jerseys or making it solid, not have it in the bottom ones, and connect the color of the trim around the collar? Also, have the three stripes run the length of the sleeves and the shorts, and horizontal stripes on the socks? However, that's just me personally, since I'm boring and am more of a fan of simplicity. Nevertheless, I'd say these are my favorites so far.

8. KeeperDad30

KeeperDad30 Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Lincoln, NE
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the feedback. The "piping" I think you are referring to is an element of the shirt as designed by adidas, I just made it a different color than the rest of the jersey. Also, the way I have it filled in kind evokes the arch in the design and I think it echoes the team badge nicely.

9. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was watching a replay of the Atalanta Vs. Inter game and it occurred to me that in Europe the team is recognized by its badge and not neccesarily its kit colors. AC St. Louis can think outside of the box by not having their kits colors or style determined by their badge colors. I can see using green and white - but also black or blue or gray.

10. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, to be honest, St. Louis isn't going to get anything creative done for the team. No US soccer team has anything designed just for them.

The team will get whatever template they decide on from their suppliers.

11. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, even when the MISL had the Reebok kit deal, the Force II (Crunch renamed the Force) had to get their jerseys from some company called Sportira (they were badged "Reebok") to get a custom design.

By the way, this isn't isolated to soccer. I think within a decade, baseball will be the last sport on earth with fully custom uniforms.

(Yes, I do believe that the classic Packers, Bears, Browns, Celtics, Canadiens, Ohio State, Penn State, Alabama, Lakers, and Red Wings unis will all be forced out in favor of supplier and/or league-mandated templates).

12. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Check out Crystal Palace Nike kits: Red/Blue stripes, or White with red/blue sash. Is that difference enough?

13. Alabama Soccer

May 28, 2008
    Montgomery, AL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will never happen. Nike has already asked Alabama to participate in their new campaign along with the likes of Florida to change their "look". Bama told Nike we aren't interested in changing perfection.

14. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    And that sucks. Of course, it does open the door for those apparel manufacturers who will roll over and play dead to get their business. It may be time to let the likes of Nike, Reebok, adidas, and Puma know that they've gotten too big for their britches. I'm sure Starter, Majestic, Champion, Score, etc. could come up with custom togs for each team if they wanted their business bad enough. In fact, if I owned an NASL team, I would probably go with a second or third tier supplier just to widen the tent a little.

15. VandalPlus

VandalPlus New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    If there is no official jersey sponsor for the league, I hope St. Louis will give Joma, Kappa, Lotto a chance to see what they can come up with.

Under Armor is now making jerseys as well...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. raven65az

raven65az New Member

Jan 10, 2008
    St. Charles, MO
    Club:
    Aberdeen FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Brilliant! BTW, I moved to St. Charles from Tucson....home now

17. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    All of these look sweet.

18. BringSoccerToIndy

May 24, 2008
    1001 West New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The OP's ones win. Those are sweet.

19. sirfallsalot_2000

Apr 18, 2006
    St. Louis, MO
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    I too think this is my favorite. Can we get a "home" design? (since predominantly dark is home and white is away)

20. wmsoccer

wmsoccer New Member

Aug 6, 2006
    Steger, Il
    Now thats a pretty nice looking shirt!

21. dada3345

dada3345 Member

May 2, 2008
    in series of tubes!
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I messed around on gimp and made these real quick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Those are pretty nice. It amazes me that average people can make such awesome jersey designs, makes you wonder why the idiots who designed the new batch of epl jerseys get paid so much.

Also I know this wouldn't be right away, but I think a red jersey would be really cool for the team. The whole Busch Stadium sea of red thing. I'm just sick of seeing every team in the US having a standard white and color set, why cant they both be colored?

23. VandalPlus

VandalPlus New Member

Oct 15, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    You want this team to have a red jersey because of the Cardinals?

Cardinals main color is red, most people at games wear red. AC's main color is green, most will probably will wear green.

24. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    ^ ^^

So I'm guessing you've never seen ManU and the black and blue jerseys they wear, or inter and the cross jersey, or man city's red stripe beer jerseys, or arsenals blue, or barcelona/chelsea/everton's highlighter jersey

point is teams in the US turn over jersey designs almost as fast as teams in europe, but at least in europe they keep the jersey interesting. that means breaking from using almost identical templates and colors every year. It could even be a third jersey, but I just think it would be way cooler if the team didnt stick to the traditional home whites and away colors set, have colors for both. Be it green and yellow or green and red or some other idea. Two good looking colored jerseys is what I would want.

25. dada3345

dada3345 Member

May 2, 2008
    in series of tubes!
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he want's less white away jerseys. Which is understandable. I was jut going with the crest colours.