AC St. Louis supporters in So. Illinois

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by dccoulthard, Feb 10, 2010.

1. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hey everyone, I am wondering if there are any of you that might be supporters in the Carbondale, Mt. Vernon, Marion Illinois area. I am looking to start a supporters club and find a place where we could maybe watch away games in, possibly, Carbondale.

Sorry St. Louis guys, but that is a bit of a drive sometimes! I need something closer :)

And, again, I am looking to start a supporter's club in the area.

2. TimmyHoward

TimmyHoward Member

Jun 18, 2009
    St. Louis
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I currently attend SEMO in Cape Girardeau, there's some good bars here to maybe get something together.

3. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I got a response from someone else as well. Hopefully we can get something started soon.

4. Rowdies1965

Rowdies1965 New Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Marion would work great for me! Glad to see some interest in So. Ill... I am planning on attending most home matches and a few away as well.

5. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I am thinking that Carbondale is the most central location between Benton, Marion, Cape Girardeau, etc.

6. rreynolds2186

rreynolds2186 Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Newton, IL
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, I don't post here often, but I just can't help it since St. Louis finally got a professional men's team. I'm in Central-So. Illinois---Newton to be exact. I'm about 2 and a half hours away from Carbondale, 2 hours from St. Louis. Not sure there's many fans in my area. Just me and my best friend I believe. Just figured I'd let you know I'm another So. Ill. supporter!

7. dccoulthard

dccoulthard New Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Valier, IL
    Club:
    Toulouse FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Cool, more people from Southern Illinois. We can figure out a place to go to watch the away matches. I guess we can have a place up north (around Effingham and Mt. Vernon) and a place down south (like Carbondale or Marion) and have two viewing parties for away matches.

Also, on the 17th, we should try to do some tailgating at the game, and get everyone together from Southern Illinois.

For me, I will only be able to go to the April 17th and May 1st home game, because I am moving back to Utah in May. So we can figure out a way to communicate and organize between now and then.

8. Redhawk1

Redhawk1 Member

May 12, 2006
    Glad to see there's support in Southern Illinois and Southeast Missouri. I grew up in Chester, IL and went to SEMO. Been a soccer fan all of my life. Previously worked for the STL Ambush and Steamers. Now for the KC Wizards.

I'm not sure how serious soccer is in the Carbondale-Marion area, but several communities have soccer in S.E. Missouri (Cape, Jackson, P-Bluff, Perryville, etc.).

In fact, the SEMO women's soccer team (D-1, OVC) just signed a girl from Marion High School.

Regardless, it's always nice to see soccer supporters in your home area. I hope you guys can make it to STL for some games. The team needs a great deal of support.

9. docnetsoc

docnetsoc New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    The soccer community in Memphis Tn. is quite large. They often travel to St. Louis for club tournaments. They also are huge cardinal fans. ACSTL would do well in contacting the MidSouth Soccer Club in Memphis and trying to arrange tickets and club games for weekends this summer. Current local Memphis kids playing in the MLS are Richard Mulrooney with Houston, Cary Talley with Chivas and Michael Kraus with KC Wizards.