AC Parma [R]

Discussion in 'Italy: Clubs' started by BrianCappellieri, Jul 23, 2002.

1. allycks

allycks New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Parma, Italy
    nakata

Hide's finally playing up to expectations. No longer a sluggish presence in midfield. Providing "quality" and "quantity" as they say. Whether he stays or goes will depend on the offers--the Tanzi's will definitely keep him if they can't make a sizeable profit. In fact Nakata with "parmalat" across his chest has created a big sales boost for the milk in Japan. This might be more important to the Tanzi's than wins and losses at Stadio Tardini...

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Agreed. And I don't think there's any "might" about it. Parma football club is strictly a business venture for them. Not that that's a bad thing. The club has done as well as Inter over the past decade, so the "passion" and willingness of the owner to spend as much money as possible seems not to make that much of a difference.

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Watched Parma-Lazio this weekend, very impressed with Ferrari out of the back and the individual skill of Mutu and Adriano up front....

Though if I was a Parma fan, they were up a man for 55 minutes and didn't do enough...

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Until the last few weeks, Mihajlovic was considered to be the closest thing to a sure goal on a PK this side of Alex Del Piero. I wonder when was the last time somebody other than Sinisa took a PK for Lazio? Once in a while, even the best misses, so I don't blame Mancini for going with him a second time. Now, of course, he's lacking confidence, so gotta go with somebody else.

5. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    this might be out of place in this forum...but I'll take any chance to talk Lazio I can...

I've read where Mihajlovic wants to take a break from PKs, so we'll see someone else next time...maybe Stankovic or Fiore....I don't blame Mancini for going with him, but playing Stam at right back might be another story...

6. mattyc2422

mattyc2422 New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Melbourne
    What's the deal with Nakata?
    He has the ability to be an integral part of Parma, and now with Lamouchi departing, he could be even more vital.
    So, is he staying or is he going?