AC Milan...

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by GunnerMan8705, Oct 16, 2016.

1. GunnerMan8705

GunnerMan8705 Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Do you think they can return to glory? Had a good win today and this has a feel like the last time they took strides forward. Solid group of youth that are both talented and have potential and are in for some big names. They will have money due to their Chinese takeover and could easily get an out of favor Cesc Fabregas or Isco. They apparently want both. Talk about an upgrade...and are pursuing Memphis Depay as well.

Just miss the good ole days with AC Milan....they were just so unbelievably good.

2. GunnerMan8705

GunnerMan8705 Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    This lineup wouldn't be too shabby:

Suso, Bacca, Niang
    Bonaventura, Isco, Fabregas

Defense stays the same...

3. Milan05

Milan05 Member

Dec 2, 2015
    Club:
    AC Milan
    To me it still feels like our lineup is miles away from Juventus, and also miles away from the team that made me fall in love with this club (2004/05).

Building a world class team takes time, United have way more money than us and they are still struggling, even purchases like Zlatan, Pogba and Mikhitaryan do not change that. When City and PSG got taken over by rich owners, it took them at least half a decade too before they were able to truly establish themselves at the top.

We do have a group of promising young players and we could theoretically pull off a Dortmund (build a world class team from little money), but that is very difficult to achieve. However, if we were to achieve that, it would do wonders not only for Milan, but Italian football in general.

But being realistic I think it will take at least another five years before we can challenge Juve for Serie A again, and at least 10 years before we can even think about the 8th Chanpions League.

GunnerMan8705 repped this.
  4. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It'd be pretty cool if in every league we have a top team who operated on less resources than the richest clubs. Dortmund is actually quite rich but they're doing well compared to the resources of Bayern. At. Madrid is probably doing best of all considering they face the competition of Real Madrid and Barcelona. Leicester could have been that team, but I don't think it's sustainable. The English teams are not the best in Europe, but the top 3 are very rich, and the next 3 are also quite well off. Monaco is doing well in France, but still have yet to prove themselves in Europe.

For Milan to become a top European team again, they don't need to win the 8th UCL just yet. If they can win the Serie A, and consistently compete for QF and SF of the UCL, then that'd be very good for an Italian team, considering the resource gap.

Perú FC repped this.
  5. GunnerMan8705

GunnerMan8705 Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree with both of you, my thing is in January there will be a couple of player along the lines of world class that Milan could feasibly snatch up. Guys like Cesc Fabregas, Isco, Depay ....I specifically think Fabregas and Depay could flourish in Serie A. If we somehow hung on to a UCL spot this year with this roster I would be ecstatic.

6. GunnerMan8705

GunnerMan8705 Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    IMO Though the biggest mistake we made was selling and ruining Stephan El Shaarawy.... Be nice to have... well That and selling Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva for a combined 65 million and getting absolutely nothing back....