AC Milan vs Juventus [R]

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Excape Goat, Nov 1, 2003.

1. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Just demonstrating that I read your whole post!!

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you watch the game? Trezeguet was onsides when he passed the ball to DiVaio. He had a Milan defender about 3 feet infront of him (or behind, depending on how you look at it). There was talk he was offsides BEFORE he received the pass, but replay showed he was level with the defender.

3. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Wrong Dante. On "90 Minuto", which has a habit of showing slow motion replays of controversial plays 3-6 times to show how definative their analysis is, showed the following- 1)Nedved fouled. 2) Quick restart given 3) Trezguet ALREADY OFFSIDE when the pass was released. That's the definition of offsides my friend 4) Trezguet receiving the ball, now in an onside position to dish off to DiVaio 5)DiVaio smashing the ball in an unstoppable goal.

Yes, I watched the entire game live. Yes, i later watched "90 Minuto" on sunday afternoon. And then I saw it again on FoxSportsWorld report. So that's at least 7 times that I saw the entire play. How many times did you look at it?

Nevertheless, like i said in a previous post, the draw was probably the most fair result. And i must admit, DiVaio's goal could be goal of the year. Not bad for a striker that made the shot on his weaker foot!?!?

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trezguet was in an onsides position when he received the ball AND when he passed it to Di Vaio.

Yes, I watched the game and it's many replays and I also watched 90 Minuto, which comes on after La Grande Giostra dei Gol. I didn't catch it later in the afternoon, because RAI International shows it at noon. I even caught La Domenica Sportiva.

5. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Dante? paulo just explained what was shown which I saw, and everybody else who had the time to watch both the game and 90 minuto. Your just denying exactly what he said. ("bad argument I'm afraid to say:(")

It was offside and it was as clear as daylight. Simply a bad call is all; for Di Viao's goal as well as the dissallowed goal that Sheva scored!)

And just for the record: "these big matches alway have the same repetitive result which is a tie. And its complete BS! Milan should of won this game regardless of what you think (who deserves what can not be calculated into the equation). Milan just got screwed again on the calls like they always do!

6. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Dante, do you know how offsides work? Its NOT when you receive the pass that makes you offside, its WHERE YOU ARE in exact relation to when your teammate PASSES the ball. Trezguet-OFFSIDE when the pass was made to him, ONSIDE when he finally received the pass (ya know, actually touching the ball).

As to canzanno55's statment, well, as hard as it is for me to admit, the Sheva offside call was (and only a fraction of a hair) correct.

Now what really boils my blood is that if Juve was the one on the break away, 99 times out of 100, this call goes in their favor. If other teams get half the calls the "Old Lady" gets a season, the league table would look drastically different.

Case in point- look how the league handled Zambrotta admitted dive....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING DONE!!! Will that stop that flopper from diving and getting calls for Juve in future games? Absolutely not! And hence the league bias continues. Sickening.