AC Milan - Udinese [R] 2/3/13 - 23a Giornata

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Jan 30, 2013.

1. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Amazing game. I havent seen a Milan team like this in awhile. It seems as if Balotelli signing has infused others with passion to play. Nocerino/Flamini ran their asses off. Abate/Constant ran the flanks like warriors. Niang/SES played the wings perfectly while Balo tracked back and not only held up possession but made clutch passes with 2 goals. Montolivo played good as well.

I was happy to see Allegri swap Noce for Bojan. Yes, Noce was playing good BUT he wanted the 3 pts(which was crucial after the earlier finals). Udinese did not look great while we dominated and Bojan allowed another creative player. I really liked that move.

I thought Niang should come on as super sub BUT i thoroughly enjoyed him running down the flanks today. He did wonders attacking, and even made some defensive tackles in our own half. Playing him from the start will help him run down the sides and connect and rotate the top 3 position with Balotelli/SES. Bring on Bojan/Robinho for him if we need a goal at the end when teams bunker down and his speed is negated. Tho, with all this Balo talk, Niang is a star in the making. Balotelli/SES/Niang not only looked happy playing together but they are only going to help each other get better over time. Really really excited about that trio.

I know we all laughed at the Constant transfer, but he really is improving every game. The simple tackles, to positioning is getting better. He adds a nice cross in the attack as well.

Just an idea Im thinking of, but what if Milan tried a 3-4-3 formation.
    Abbiati
    Mexes-Zapata---Yepes
    Abate-Flamini-Constant--
    -----Montolivo-------
    Niang------------SES
    -------Balotelli----------
    Our defense has been a problem and perhaps we need to add another CB to help guard the backline better. In reality we lose 1 midfielder to be replaced by a CB. Defensively we would have 5 defenders + Niang/SES to track back AND Flamini + Montolivo in center midfield. While offensively we would still have our 3 fwds with Montolivo + Flamini in center while Abate/Constant running flanks where as Niang/SES can pinch in more to give attacking options. Just a thought. I think having 3 CBs will help our defense without really losing out on offense. Perhaps start a game like this, and than if we need a goal we can always swap out one of our CBs for an offensive Bojan/Robinho/Boateng and convert back to our normal 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 attacking formation. Just my $.02 and rambles..

2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    let's not get carried away. it was a good, albeit lucky in the end, win. most of the second half was hopeless in trying to build up an attack. there will be growing pains with balo, SES, and niang. our midfield is still missing a consistent creator, and our back line is not good enough with bonera starting.

3. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    There was a counter attack in the 2nd half where SES, Balotelli, Niang, and somebody else were charging upfield against an out-manned defense. The crowd was roaring, the announcer was excited as Bojan was dribbling up through the middle of the pitch. Niang is wide open on the right flank ... and what does Bojan do? He passes him the ball about 8 feet behind him instead of leading him down the wing and the crowd groans. Another typical moment in the Bojo saga. Well, at least he is consistent. :rolleyes:

4. Balotelli Massive

Jul 5, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Silva is the guy that beat Fedor into a pile of cacca.

He also used to weight like 320 lbs - he had giant's disease until they removed the pituitary gland.

I'm a massive MMa nut - been following daily since 2003...

5. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    im with stphnsn, there will be a transition period before this team can start clicking. i'm fully expecting to lose points next game. montolivo's yellow card means that he's out for the next game and i don't wanna see a midfield of nocerino, ambrosini, and flamini. we need some creativity in the middle.

6. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    since ambro is injured, i think traore will start this match...

and we're playing cagliari so we should be fine. the match might not even be played because of cagliari's stadium situation.:cool:

#freepoints

7. Balotelli Massive

Jul 5, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just cranked up Fifa 13 with AC Milan and Mario - two goals against Udinese

Montolivo got a red so he's out next game...lol

8. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That explains a lot. His bone density would be nearly double anyone else his size, so he really packs a "punch". Overeem hit him with a few heavy shots, but they bounced right off of him, while the first clean one he got shook Overeems brainstem. I wonder who he's fighting next?

9. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bigfoot Silva sucks. He beat Fedor because he outweighed him by almost 50lbs. Fell on top and than pounded away. He beat Overeem because Overeem didn't repsect his power and just kept hands down and got caught. Silva is a giant, yes, but sucks in MMA terms. I'll give the guy the win and props but he's not going anywhere. Cain and JDS would kill him unless he gets lucky again.

Back to Milan. I realize its only one game, but the energy they came out with was impressive. It wasn't that slow methodical pace we are used to. Losing Montolivo will hurt because now we have no creator. Go 4-2-3-1 with SES-Boateng-Niang and Balotelli up top. Play Flamini and Nocerino as the 2 midfielders and play. Id hate to see an Ambro/Noce/Flamini midfield. Should be easy points but you never know.

10. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You can feel the renewed enthusiasm surrounding this unit. Its potent.

Obviously there's still work to be done but you have to love this young attack going forward.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  11. Balotelli Massive

Jul 5, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Round one was standup - in round two Silva shot in for a perfect takedown on Fedor.

Overeem has never has a chin or cardio.

Silva would probably beat anybody not named Cain, JDS, or Cormier....but that doesn't mean he's crap - those fighters are elite.

12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I hate Silva. He sucks. He got lucky vs Overeem. AO didn't keep hands up nor try to defend and got caught. HW division is a crap shoot because these guys have so much power than a KO can happen at any time. See JDS vs Cain, and than rematch. Silva isn't crap, but hes nowhere near a top level guy. His main skill is being a giant.

13. Balotelli Massive

Jul 5, 2012
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Alistair wasn't roided up this past weekend and it showed. He gassed out.

14. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    can we take the mma convo to the ot/other sports thread?