AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 4)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gila is the latest to join the '2011 Club'. The club have officially renewed his contract until 2011.

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I am not sure if this would be a good idea. I have seen him play many times for DK and Ukraine and he is not Shevchenko by any means, he is a cocky, but taleneted, not very physical forward. Under good coaching he could be good, but he is not remotely close to Sheva of Dynamo Kiev.

4. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen Milevsky play a couple times as well. He is no Sheva. He reminds of Dmitry Sychev. A very talented player who thinks he's better than he actually is.

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Precisely. Although Milevsky and Shevchenko do share the same first name :D
    I just remembered his PK against Switzerland this past WC and he reminded me of Totti, same arrogance, but much less skills. (He did make that chip though :p )

6. Delirious

Delirious New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    4-4-2.com says that you´re after Phillip Lahm in January...

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never heard of 4-4-2.com so that's not a good start. Secondly, Lahm would be very expensive and he would be cup-tied. So it's very unlikely.

I really hope Milan try to sign David Suazo. It's a shame we didn't sign him in the summer. IMO, he's better than Ricardo Oliveira and would have cost half as much. He's the type of player that would diversify our attack. Right now our attack is very predictable since all our strikers are in the box poachers. Suazo has blazing speed and has superb long shot. He would be a welcome addition to the club.

8. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would like Suazo also. It seemed we were really close to him in the summer but Cagliari would be unwilling to sell. He reminds me a lot of George Weah.

9. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Milan ever put in a bid for him. They could have had him if they wanted.

10. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I think we could have had Suazo if we had wanted him. Not to mention he would have been around the same price as Oliveira, and he has Serie A experience. Even though I personally don't think either of them could replace Sheva to an acceptable capacity.

I would love Lahm, as he is a future world-class fullback, and he is really young. Bayern won't part with him though, and I don't see him having any motivation to leave either.

11. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  12. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go sign Cassano!

13. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think we should put in an offer for Steven Gerrard. :)

14. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    We'd have to bench someone then? ;)

15. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Some news from Turkey says:
    Emre Belezoglu close to AC.Milan

From Serie A: Palermo ,AC.Milan and from Serie B: Juventus looking for sign Emre..

Thats all for now.

will continue
    iwa

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If I were Milan I'd pull off one of those famous Milan-Inter buys again and take young CB Marco Andreolli off their hands...

17. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we need to sign one/both of these boys, andreolli, rinaudo, I also want oddo, actually I wanted him real bad before the season, as he could provide the link between cafu and marzoratti for a few years on the right, but if he continues to play well and start for gli azzurri, then that 8 million pound transfer fee ain't gonna get any smaller. rebuilding the defense is the most important, then getting amelia or some other good goalie would be next on my wish list, cause then the defense would be solid and deep and along with a solid midfield, which will have depth and youth also, with foggia and gourcuff as youngsters and kaka, pirlo and gattuso all in their 20s, we would look good for the next few years at those positions. thing is, these players are all attainable and I think if milan wanted to do it, they could, and still have a little left over from the shevchenko sell and the cl money the last two years, to go towards a support striker like di natale, who has really grown on me. I had no idea that he had as much talent and creativity as he does. oh well, maybe we'll instead only use all that money to sign ronaldinho in 2008:rolleyes: .

18. slideslide

slideslide New Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Boca
    i think that Di Michele form Palermo would be a good buy but i dont know if it would work out.

19. BOBONE

BOBONE New Member

Oct 13, 2006
    mexico
    I like more Pasqual than Lahm.
    Canini its a future world class defender, the natural replacement of Cannavaro (too old).

20. milan1969

milan1969 New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Thanks. That explains a lot. I don't think they even saw Oliveira play.

21. milan1969

milan1969 New Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Gerrard looks good only in the English game.

22. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Gerrard is a very good player, but he is a silly transfer for us.

1.) He would be very expensive. Very expensive.
    2.) He doesn't solve our issues with defense or attack, so he is a strange upgrade. If we want another CM we can look at someone like Sneijder for cheaper.
    3.) Would Gerrard even want to come?!

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Aquiring a world class anchor-man is anything but silly.
    When is it ever not?

His market value isn't alot though because he doesn't represent one of the big brand names (adidas/nike). Ofcourse it all depends if Liverpool would be willing to crack a deal.

Actually he would solve both simoltaneously. Gerrard mixes both very well at incredible pace with commanding fortitude. He's a Paul Gascogne in terms of talent and class but without the off-field madness.

Well its not like we're Besikstas in the Turkish league, we're Milan. Serie A may not be the most glamorous league at present but Milan is a name thats hard to refuse.

24. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What is this about Gerrard, did somebody just shout out his name randomly?

Here are a few reasons to show just how unbelieveable it is that Steven Gerrard would come to AC Milan.

First of all one of the reasons why Steven Gerrard would never come to AC Milan is because, he has always claimed that he is a 'reds' fan for life. He was raised in Liverpool's youth program, and plays for the Senior, of which he is also the captain. I mean this is a guy who is such a 'fan' of his own club, that he even goes out on a limb to criticize the clubs new players that claim to have been liverpool fans all their lives. It's like this guy is saying that "no one is a bigger fan than I am"

Second HE REFUSES TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL, not for all the money in the world.

So Gerrard uh no, Watford will win the Priemership before Gerrad will leave Liverpool.

25. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cloudkicker is right, Gerrard is like England's Totti in the fact that he will never leave his hometown club and he is very happy there. It would take a lot to convince him to leave.

We have links today to young Ajax striker Ryan Babel.