AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 4)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well it looks like the Betis legends managed to squeeze another 2 mil sterling when it was agreed that it was only supposed to be 10...oh well its not like we had a choice...but then again we should have never of been in this situation to begin with.

If there's a God Iaquinta will stay in Udine.

P.S I can't believe Tevez is going to fukin West Ham.

2. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Something is really fishy there. :/

3. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Agreed.

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wasn't expecting Tevez to West Ham. Loaning out Foggia is good, he gets a chacne to play all season and maybe we'll get a better player when he returns next summer. I have a feeling Oddo and Iaquinta will be ours by the deadline.

5. IXmartinIX

IXmartinIX New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Boston
    Iaquinta will be a good 4th stiker...he was well under par in the WC....

Oddo will be a nice signing to boost the defense...

6. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So no Oddo or Iaquinta. What is this, like the 3rd consecutive summer where we've been linked with Oddo but never get him?

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here is our official squad 2006/2007:

GOALKEEPERS
    - DIDA
    - Valerio FIORI
    - Zeljko KALAC
    DEFENDERS
    - Paolo MALDINI
    - Daniele BONERA
    - CAFU
    - Alessandro COSTACURTA
    - Giuseppe FAVALLI
    - Marek JANKULOVSKI
    - Kakha KALADZE
    - Alessandro NESTA
    - Dario SIMIC
    MIDFIELDER
    - Massimo AMBROSINI
    - Cristian BROCCHI
    - Gennaro Ivan GATTUSO
    - Yoann GOURCUFF
    - KAKA’
    - Andrea PIRLO
    - Clarence SEEDORF
    - SERGINHO
    FORWARDS
    - Marco BORRIELLO
    - Alberto GILARDINO
    - Filippo INZAGHI
    - Ricardo OLIVEIRA

8. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Surprisingly quiet, given that Milan qualified for the CL. This
    would still be a strong XI going forward though:

DIDA
    Cafu, Bonera, Nesta, Kaladze;
    Gattuso, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf;
    Oliveira, Gilardino.

9. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

So we only had one signing, which is a good thing I guess. At least in the end we still kept KAKA, and did not lose him to Chelsea, Real Madrid, or any of the others who made substantial offers. PS Does anyone know what AC Milan pays Kaka, b/c chelsea offered as much as $70 million, and Real Madrid said name their price. It really says something about the kind of person Kaka is, and that he is so loyal to his club to turn down that kind of money.

10. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If no more players are coming this is the worst transfer campaign ever for Milan. Why? This is why:

This summer there were three players that wanted to leave their clubs who could have solved our problems. Those three players were William Gallas(Chelsea), Massimo Oddo(Lazio), and Carlos Tevez(Corinthians). We sold Sheva to Chelsea, surely this would help us get Gallas? Nope. We loaned Foggia to Lazio, Oddo's on his way right? Nope. We released Amoroso for free to Corinthians, Tevez is ours right? No.

It's sad to say but maybe Berlusconi has A.) lost interest in the club, B.) decided to run Milan like a business(i.e. start to make a profit). There is still a couple hours left until the deadline but I think we are done which means Milan have pocketed the Sheva money instead of reinforcing the squad with it.

11. bspsoccer

bspsoccer Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Jan 25, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Cicinho, i know not much was said about him, but I think he could have been an asset if we had gotten him and let him learn under our sages in the back

12. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The transfer deadline is officially over. So here is a summary of Milan's transfer campaign:

Daniele Bonera IN, Jaap Stam OUT
    Cristian Brocchi IN, Johan Vogel OUT
    Yohann Gourcuff IN, Manuel Rui Costa OUT
    Ricardo Oliveira IN, Andriy Shevchenko OUT
    Marco Borriello IN, Amoroso OUT
    Giuseppe Favalli IN, nobody OUT(Good move ;) )

Galliani has really out done himself this year :rolleyes:

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The thing is, Berlusconi is obsessed with getting Ronaldinho. I'm pretty sure one of the reasons that we got Ricardo Oliviera is that his agent is none other than Ronaldinho's brother...

14. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    This was a ************ transfer season, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions just yet.

Tevez is a bit of a quagmire and I don't think it would be as easy to get him as we thought. West Ham though, who the hell saw that coming? There is no excuse for missing out on Oddo, we had plenty of time to sort it out, especially if we were sending them Foggia (loan or not). I can't help but to think we just didn't want to splash the cash. Gallas is a difficult one too. I think after the WC he lost any interest to go to Italy, and I don't think Chelsea wanted to sell him to a CL opponent. They probably would have let him rot on the bench, but instead they decided to cut their losses and use him as leverage to complete the Cole deal.

Now that the excuses are out of the way, the players we did pick up are really unimpressive. Favalli, I guess he's a decent choice for a squad player, we saved some cash, fine. Bonera a few years ago looked really promising, Bonera now looks a lot less promising. No longer a starter for the national team, I have little faith he will be the big solution to our defense. At least he is a little younger but he is NOWHERE close to the same league as Gallas, Chivu, etc. Oliveira wasn't a bad buy and was probably the only headline signing worth talking about. We overpaid, but you can thank management for that one. Regardless he has a lot of promise and I would rather take a chance on him than Ronaldo. Real's conditions involving Kaka were borderline bullsh1te anyway. Gourcouff was a good buy for the future and if Kaka is injured will prove to be very useful. I would have thrown him in the 4-5-1, but with Oliveira I don't think that is likely.

I think we all wanted one headline signing. With Sheva leaving we wanted someone big to fill one of the gaps. Tevez was a good candidate that may have been attainable, who knows. Missing Gallas was seemingly stupid as well, the time to get him was during the Sheva transfer. Again it may not have been easy, but we blundered. Right now we just have to see how things pan out. I'm going to be optimistic and say that Gila will have a better season and that Oliveira will fit in as well. Inzaghi will pick up any slack, so our attack should be fine. Our midfield is top notch and any additions wouldn't have been drastic, Gourcouff is a fine backup. Defense. Defense is what is going to make or break us. Especially in the CL where we will be much more exposed in my opinion. Cafu and Maldini are not getting any younger, Bonera is unproven in Europe, Favalli is not much better, and Kaladze is fairly inconsistent. Nesta is our rock, god help us if he doesn't get better and stay that way. Dida will be all the more important as we will need him to do much better than last season. It's hard to be that optimistic about our defense.

I'm hoping this was just some bad posturing during the transfer period. That Berlusconi is willing to spend the big cash but things just didn't work out. On the other hand the last two transfer seasons have been remarkably cruddy and we have been letting the defense grow into a bigger liability every season. I've written a lot, but it general is how I feel right now. I would have had a much much better outlook if we had just picked up one impact player. A Tevez, Buffon, Gallas, Chivu, or even Oddo would have gone a long way to fix our problems. None of these players would have fixed everything, but they would have at least been a huge step in the right direction.

I don't think we are any closer to signing Ronaldinho than we were a month ago. If Berlusconi really wants him he should have made a record bid to Barca. Regardless of some 'bust up' rumors, which I don't buy, there is no reason to see him leaving anytime soon.

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I was praying in my humble cottage getaway that by the time I came back home the headlines would be to my liking; talk about a dissapointing summer eh?

Nothing so heavily contrasts the World Cup victory than this tragedy that was our transfer campaigne. Not only did Milan fail to get any big signing to speak of, but the deals that did manage to come to fruition were not "deal worthy" at all; more like highway robery to be fair.

You don't ********ing just hand another club a quality back-up player like Vogel. I don't care if he was under used, undervalued blah blah blah...HE was a Swiss international and a fantastic back-up for Pirlo as far as back-ups go. And what did we do? Like a blind merchant we just handed him over to Betis (who will in all likelyhood start Vogel seeing as how he's their best midfield option atm) as part of deal for a want-a-way striker. Not to mention another 2 million which was pure bullsh!t because in all fairness the player was ********ing vying for a Milan move! Who the hell wants to play for Saint Petersburg anyway? That should of gave us the upper hand.......guess again.

And why the fuk do you hand over Foggia to a domestic opponent? Why the hell in world does Lazio deserve a young player of that quality? We have every reason to believe that considering the type of player that Foggia is he would make short bursts of impact by running at defences and dishing out crosses in late games i.e. a "clutch" player. But insted we just fukin handed him over to the club I hate the most. Fantastic.

You guys already said it: Milan is in for a rocky road in the very least. The defence is finite and our attack strategy has remained static for the better part of the last 4 years.

I dunno words can't describe how dissapointed I am about Milan's attitude this year round.

16. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Pre-fcuking-cisely :mad: This was a complete bullcrap transfer season - haven't Milan leadership learned anything over the past few years?

17. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Indeed, I think you boys really need to find a replacement for Scheva, I don't think Oliveria was the answer, but with that being said, you managed to hang onto all the crucial midfielders, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, despite intrest from some big clubs like Real Madrid and Man United. The squad is pretty strong but still and I think you guys will probablly stil be title contendors despite the points penalty.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Why do you deserve Nesta? :confused:

19. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I dunno because we paid for him maybe?

20. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So then we "deserve" Foggia on loan......because we took him on loan. :rolleyes:

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its our own fault...

22. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    From SI.com pretty much sums up our transfers pretty well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/gabriele_marcotti/09/01/transfer.reports/1.html

Foggia to Lazio was decidedly stupid as well, especially without moving for Oddo.

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  24. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
  25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Not particularly surprised, but I'm happy nonetheless.

I'd like to see Gourcouff get some playtime.