AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AjaxMilanBarcaSC

AjaxMilanBarcaSC New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Houston (for now)
    hmm Gilardino, haven't heard much of him, although I see he's Parma's leading goalscorer.

Anyways, I was saying Claudio Pizarro from Bayern Munich, not David Pizarro for Udinese, Claudio is a forward.

Other forwards I would like to see in Milan are Baros from Liverpool and Fernando Torres from Atletico de Madrid.

2. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal
    i agree id like to see fernando tores also i find hes a great striker. i think hed bring milans game up a bit but i dont think they should get rid of inzagi hes not that old and besides he brings alot to the game. not only great ability but also experience.

3. AjaxMilanBarcaSC

Apr 16, 2005
    Houston (for now)
    Don't get me wrong, I like Pipo, he's a good striker. But I think he's like 31 or 32, so he doesn't have many years left. We should have a good younger striker in place of him, so that we can put him in 2nd halfs or just use him when he's tired.

4. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    try 25.

5. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    Pippo is 31.

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seedorf is not a winger, that's correct. But Seedorf is a more creative midfielder than Van Bommel. He can beat players one on one. Van Bommel does not possess half the technical ability that Seedorf has. I rue the day when we go back to three defensive midfielders again. Milan's midfield works best when there are three creative players in there. Taking one out has dire consequences. I'd rather see us replace Seedorf with players like Pizarro, Hleb, Ze Roberto, etc., not with another ball winner.

7. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    sorry i thought you ment pirlo...

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah but what is it worth?

Van Bommel has proved that he can match strength and ability making him one of the better overall midfielders out there.
    Seedorf with out a doubt is still an exceptional player, yet his impact in this Milan squad has left me wanting. For one, he makes simple things complicated (not to say that Pirlo doesn't do the same etc.) even when his prerogatives are restricted. For a player of his stature, he doesn't produce often enough; an its not like we're talking about some old-timer here that constantly needs a helping hand cause the dude is only 28 and probably considered by many: "a man who is in his prime".

In contrast Van Bommel does the simple things really well and is a purely used for constructive purposes. Sort of like Rikjaard was if my research serves me correctly.

Fair enough. But my perspective remains different.

Its all about attitude if you think about it. Modern football has proven that: whatever the resources a club has, if a club aims for attacking football, then the cause and effect remain the same. The likes of Benitez and Zeman have shown that despite their limited capacities, they can still "wow" the best of us. Even without the Figo's and Zidanes, there is still positive play shown and results to reap of it.

Now I'm not saying Milan's attack situation is dire, (thats definitely not what I'm saying) but it could be better, leaps and bounds better if you think of it.

I think "creative players" is the easy answer for everything, instead I want to see maniacs who can break the conservative approach and give the team more balance. A guy who can rummage through heavy defensive traffic and complete a pass, someone who can take a few hits and not go down for the sake of a free kick but instead he'll track all the way back and rip the ball away from the opposition. And by employing this kind player the team will rely less on the creative superstars because they'll be more intrested in helping everybody around them there by not having to result to linear (predictable) attacks.

Who could be that player, I have no idea? But I know we can do better than Seedorf because this is Milan after all.

9. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal

your absolutly right, i think that it would be a good addition to the team if we could get our hands on a player of that calibur. it would stun and surprise all other teams and, i think, would completly change professional soccer as we know it. it would bring a new game to the field, a game more intence, more strategic, a game i would love to watch(not like now when i usually just watch games to blow some time.) if we got that kind of player it would definitly surprise all other teams because the italian soccer teams have a more defensive way of playing.

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Van Bommel would make an outstanding contribution to the Milan side. I don't see his game being hampered by switching leagues. But that remains to be seen if he actually heads east to Italia......just not frickin Chelsea or Man Utd!

11. MAICOL

MAICOL Member

Oct 18, 2003
    Earth
    Club:
    Univ Catolica
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    A Chilean newspaper website is sugguested that David Pizzaro from Udinese is in talks with Milan. Has anyone heard?

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This has been speculated for a few months. If Udinese get a Champion's League spot, I don't think he'll leave Udinese.

13. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

I haven't heard anything lately. But if my memories served me write PIzzaro's been linked a with a few clubs since last summer.

14. skeeta

skeeta Member

Apr 21, 2005
    Central London
    Milan hint at Totti bid Wednesday 27 April, 2005

A potential summer swoop for Francesco Totti has been suggested by Rossoneri patron Silvio Berlusconi, sparking furious transfer speculation.

Berlusconi was cornered by journalists as he fielded questions on his political situation as Prime Minister of Italy and was asked if he’d sign the Roma star.

“I won’t say a thing,” noted the multi-millionaire before nodding his head in agreement and smiling broadly.

This is certainly not the first time that Totti has been linked to the San Siro giants, as earlier this season the player confirmed he would appreciate such a move.

The Roma captain’s future is in major doubt as his contract renegotiations have stalled and his recent disciplinary problems caused a split within the club.

Totti has been given a five-match ban for striking Siena’s Francesco Colonnese in an off the ball incident and was also fined the maximum 30 per cent of his monthly wages by the Giallorossi.

In the past it has been suggested that he’d only accept an overseas switch to Real Madrid or Chelsea, but Milan and Inter have shown a real interest in the creative midfielder.

These are also the only Italian clubs capable of matching the price-tag, which should be in the region of £20m.

15. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Berlusconi denied it today.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't see it happening, but Milan would be insane to pass on him.
    Sheva and Totti would be insane!

17. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ugh! if you guys got totti id be pretty pissed. although i think he would rather move to spain then milan. he would get so much crap from everyone if he signed with another italian team.

18. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    It's not going to happen and he wouldn't fit into our squad anyway. It's like the talk of us getting Ronaldinho, pointless. We have Pirlo and Kaka and the thought of benching either of them makes me sick to my stomach. What we need is a midfielder to compete with Seedorf and as a possible sub for Pirlo. We don't need another flair player who won't drop back.

Not to mention the goddamn attitude Totti brings with him. He is best suited to a club where he is #1.

19. AjaxMilanBarcaSC

Apr 16, 2005
    Houston (for now)
    Totti would be way bring a lot more problems than solutions. He is a prima donna, he will score some goals but be injured all the time and I don't think we even need him.

What we need is a left midfielder, and some forwards. Wesley Snjeider is pretty good for that, and there are many forwards that I mentioned before like Claudio Pizarro, Fernando Torres, and Milan Baros we should go for.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    wrong. if you, as anyone, had a chance at someone like totti, youd alter any squad to accommodated him. im talking one of the absolutle eliite in the world. im talking top of the pops. that, you never give away and you never dismiss.

21. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan would NOT alter their squad who is currently in 1st place in Serie A, and looking to the final in the champ leag.
    They have no reason to bring in Totti with his attidude and the $$$$ they would have to dish out. Anyway we have Kaka and Rui doing just fine..

22. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If Totti leaves Roma, he's going to a foreign team. The media and Roma fans would destroy his life if he made a move to a big Italian club.

23. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Great, an arrogant Juve fan who knows more about Milan than we do.

We are sitting tied for the top of Serie A, we are doing well in the champions league, things couldn't be going much better for us. We have a strong sense of team, great players, and the drive of champions. The last thing we want to do is alter our squad for anyone (well maybe Ronaldinho, but him and Kaka could duke it out for a spot ;) ) The fact of the matter is quite simple, and I'll say it again. Totti wouldn't fit into our squad properly and we won't alter our team to fit him. We need another effective striker more than we need a playmaker. Totti disapears in the big games and has an attitude that would only bring shame to the club.

24. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Gilardino scored 4 goals today. He's going to be some player next year if Milan gets him...

25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I really really really really hope we get Gila.