AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hmm have man utd ever sold a defender to milan?

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't recall. But it's a moot point if Milan get him on a free. I'd still rather have Chivu.

3. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    stam played for manu for 4 years

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    and your point is?

5. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i would too i think. him and nesta would compliment each other better.

6. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    your case that no manu defender played for milan...
    now reading over you're question..it was an indirect move...better?

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yeah much better ;)

8. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
  9. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Ferdinand is very good, but I hate to think the price it would cost to bring him to Milan. Not to mention the obvious that he may not want to come and Chivu as mentioned fits us better. If we are gunning for another defender I would like Bonera and Chivu.

10. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    seeing the difference he makes to man utd, just compare when he was out and when he came back, youll think they dont want to sell him. it would take alot of money. but i think the original idea here was to sign him for free when his contract was done. im pretty sure united managment will do their utmost to extend his stay though. chivu and bonera would probably be alot easier to get ;)

11. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal

i dont think they would bring in chivu if it meant maldini becoming a sub i mean think of what hes brought not only to the team but to world cup soccer also. maldini has set the bar high and itll be hard to top. even out of his prime i think he is one of the most valuble assets the team has. i dont think milan would do that to a player that has done that much for them. maldini will retire on his own terms and he will probably end up becoming ac milans coach. coaching the defence like no ones evr done before

12. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I love Maldini, but there's no crime in thinking of the future.

Plus in just 2 appearances Chivu has already netted 2 goals a piece. The guy is fantastic.

13. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
    Hmm, i havent really seen chivu play. I have to watch some roma games on Yahoo Soccerpass. I agree with canzano, maldini will be okay on the bench.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maldini will never be a bench warmer at Milan. When it becomes apparant that he isn't good enough to start anymore he will retire. And if Milan decide to buy Chivu it will be most likely after Maldini retires. And even if they did buy Chivu while Maldini was still playing Chivu could always play left back.

15. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal

i agree but think of it keep maldini and add chivu to our defence and wed have an unstopable team. were already very powerful ass it is . so i say keep maldini and bring in chivu and bench one of our other 3 goalies.

16. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Honestly the biggest thing that worries me is Juventus or Inter getting Chivu. He really is a phenomenal player and he would fit us, or our enemies very well. We also could make room for him, we do a decent job rotating the squad as it is.

17. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mark Van Bommel has been whispered around the media lately. His contract is due at the end of the season and is likely to sign with a big club

Mark can play in all three midfield positions. He defends well, attacks with competence and percision, and a good passer. Great player and I hope we get him.

18. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's a great player who've I'd admired for years and was surprised he hadn't moved to a big club in the last couple years. But I really don't think he will want to come to Milan and sit on the bench. I certainly see what Milan would get in this deal(a replacement for Max and cover for Pirlo when he's out) but why would Van Bommel want to sit on the bench when he could go somewhere else(Real, Barca, Inter, etc.) and get regular first team action?

19. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    Don't you think he could take Seedorf's spot?

20. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal
    maldini will never be put on bench as it has been said many times before in this forum when he isnt good enough to play starting line hell probably retire.

21. maldini3

maldini3 New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Montreal

i agree hes a great player but do you think ac milan is ready to make changes to their line up?

im not so sure theyll buy him but if they do hed be a great asset to the team.

22. AjaxMilanBarcaSC

AjaxMilanBarcaSC New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Houston (for now)
    Shouldn't we be looking for another forward?

Inzaghi is old, Crespo is old, so all we would have is Shevchenko and Tomasson, we need more forwards!

I like Pizarro, he's good and much cheaper than any other player of his calibre.

23. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. They are both different kinds of players. Van Bommel will be competing with Pirlo and Gattuso for playing time, not Seedorf.

24. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not true. Its not as if Seedorf is some kind of winger etc. Replacing him with Bommel would mean a slightly more aggressive midfied that would push the ball often.

Look I really like Clarence but the guy is just way too inconsistent in production terms (ironic I'm saying this now when he actually scored against Chievo today) ergo I think aquiring Van Bommel would be conducive for Milan's overall midfield strength and it would be an incentive for Seedorf to try harder.

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Gilardino is certain to come unless something tragic happens and he signs with Juve; otherwise he's our man.
    Brilliant player. However if Udinese find themselves in a Champions League spot then I imagine he'll stick around.

Also he's too good a player to be on a bench i.e. Rui Costa