AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Milan_Fan_In_USA

Milan_Fan_In_USA New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    New Jersey , USA
    I haven't been too impressed with Seedorf this season. But, I also don't think Becks would do much better.

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beckham could NOT fill the Pirlo and Seedorf roles. Those roles require supreme technical ability to help Milan retain possession. Beckham for all his talents can't dribble past anyone. Milan don't really need anything for next year besides a few young legs in defense as backups. We alreay have signed Jankulovski(who can play Seedorf's role if needed) and Gilardino. I expect Pancaro, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Tomasson, and maybe Rui Costa to leave. Which means we will just need to sign a few squad players for next year like Baronio.

3. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hleb!!!

Just what I wanted to hear!!!

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Hleb has Milan desire[/font]
    Thursday 17 March, 2005

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Stuttgart starlet Aleksandr Hleb has revealed his desire to join a top European club like Milan.

The 23-year-old is highly-rated in the game and he’s ready to leave the Gottlieb-Daimler outfit.

"There are a lot of clubs that I’d like to play for," said the creative attacking midfielder. "Teams like Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Arsenal.

"However, I want a private life and I don’t want to be the centre of attention. I am ready to wear dark glasses and a fake beard to make sure nobody recognises me off the pitch."

The Belarus international is currently tied to the German club until 2008 but a £10m move could be on the horizon.

"Arsenal have made an enquiry," his agent Niki Spilevski told Kicker. "He’s tied to Stuttgart with an excellent contract but you don’t know what will happen in the future.

"Especially as there are a few more important clubs who are interested in Aleksandr right now."

Milan have been linked with a move for Hleb in the past but his proposed arrival seems unlikely at this moment in time.

Roma, Parma and Udinese have also been associated with the midfielder over the last 18 months.[/font]
    [font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]

I'd take the guy in a heartbeat!
    [/font]

4. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Who wouldn't? I don't think Milan will buy him. If you think about it, their isn't room for him. Their is Kaka and Rui Costa already. But if Rui Costa does leave, then Hleb would an ideal buy for AC.

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Rui might leave. Hleb wouldn't be a bad addition, but we're tied to so many players at times it's hard to make anything of this.

6. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    I read Milan, aswell as Juve and Roma are now looking into Reggina's Mozart. He would be a huge buy for Milan. Mozart is a real real good player. I think anyone that watched him play this season would favor him over Ambrosini.

7. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    not sure if anyone has pointed this out before, but youre gonna sell crespo? i wonder what chelsea would say about that idea...

anyway, no one pays €75 mil for anyone any more. the only team that would do something like that is chelsea, where money isnt an issue. only problem is that ronaldinho has said he would never play for chelsea as long as mourinho is in charge. so thats that. he will stay at barcelona for a long time im sure.

8. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    As far as I know, neither Jankulovsky or Gilardino have officially signed. Until I see them presented in Milan kits, lets hold off. Also, since when can Pirlo dribble around people? Beckham would fit Milan's style of play. I didn't say it would make sense, since he'd want to start, which is a different point.

9. mritalian1210

mritalian1210 Member

Jun 10, 2004
    Northern Jersey
    Club:
    AC Milan
    let's keep beckhman out of italy. ;)

10. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I don't think Beckham would fit out style. I've never considered him to be proficient with dribbling or general ball skills. His defensive abilities are not up to snuff for him to be in our midfield as well. He brings a lot of ability for off the ball plays, but we really don't need it. The money he would cost to bring in and the salary he makes just further settle the matter. If he can't replace Seedorf (the only place which in any way up for grabs) what good is he? We excel in possession football and if Beckham's time at Real is any indicator, he is not very proficient.

11. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    No one can replace Pirlo, Kaka, Gattuso, or Seedorf because they work very well together as a team. They are the secret behind AC's success. I don't see a need for Pizarro, Beckam, or Jankoluvski, as they would screw everything up. All three are talented, but just don't fit in with Milan's tactics and playing mentality.

12. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    They are very hard to replace, but we need new blood to be integrated into the team and in case of injury. Jankulvoski offers a backup LM and more importantly a replacement when Maldini decides to retire. Pizarro could be useful if he could emulate the Pirlo role, a backup would be good. Beckham is a joke and I would seriously bang my head into the wall if we spend any large some of money on him.

Let inter have him. ;)

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is the last time you've seen a player presented to the media in his new kit before he could actually play for them? Jankulovski and Gilardino will sign for Milan when the transfer market opens. It's a done deal.

As for Pirlo not being able to dribble around people :confused: Have you seen him play? That's what he does best.

14. Milan_Fan_In_USA

Milan_Fan_In_USA New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    New Jersey , USA
    Haven't they suffered enough? :)

15. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: Why the deliberate obtuseness Spartak? You know full well I meant an official acknowledgement.

The same way so many of Chelsea's buys have been? When Chelsea bought Cech it was announced over the season. Neither Gilardino nor Marek have. I know you have your "sources", but until that happens, they're at Parma and Udinese respectively.

Best? Uh huh. His passing is by far his best ability.

16. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    He is very talented on the ball, much better than most, and can get around people.

17. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nic is half right. Pirlo was profficient in dribbling and one-on-ones during his time with Gentile in the U21 squad. In that environment he had more dynamic prerogatives then he does now.

Its obvious Carlo just wants him to do the simple things which includes not conceding posession although he still does because his on the ball awarnesss is still not up to snuff.

18. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    And on a side note I'd prefer Milan scouts stay away from Jankolovski. Personally I think his decisions with the ball are unproductive and hasty. His only real quality is his left foot. Aye he does have a great touch but thats not enough for me.

19. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    And you know this how?

20. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Not real a transfer rumor, just an interesting tidbit.

Emre regrets Milan snub
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar25e.html

Personally, it just sound like a bitter player. Still it is a entertaining little tidbit if you're a Milan fan.

21. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Bitter is the word lol.

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    WARNING: DAVID PIZARRO IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

He featured in the udinese-Roma match today and he totally tore the whole thing up. His ball movement, passing, shooting and offensive expertise was overwhelming.

Milan would be foolish not to at least take a look at him.

If David can show that sort of conistency for a whole season I would seriously consider using him to threaten Clarence for his position (if it were up to me). Also 10 million is a friggin bargain when taking into account the players immense value.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    youre gonna get alot of competition for pizarro, if you guys want him.

24. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pizarro is a nice player and I would love to have him come off the bench and replace Pirlo when needed. But he is also a bit inconsistent in his time in Serie A. And if I know Galliani he won't just go out and splurge on a player just because he is in a run of good form. Especially since Pizarro won't come cheaply.

25. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
    This is a long shot, but what if we get Rio Ferdinand in 2 years when his contract is up. It could be a good habit for Man U givin us there defenders. There is news that his agent says he might leave United after his contract is up.
    If chelsea doesnt get him first that is.