AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    agreed on his stand to move on after his current contract expires, some how i believe however that he may just stay with us and sign an extension. hopefully.

2. bspsoccer

bspsoccer Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Jan 25, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    What about giving him up in this offseason? I dont know about the soccer transfer market in terms of coaches. I know in America in football they work essentially just like players (remember Gruden to the Bucs?) Would Berlusconi have enough to gain in money and/or players to let him go this offseason? I mean only since we know Carlo would be leaving?

3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ancelotti still has a couple more years left on his contract. He won't be going anywhere this summer.

4. bspsoccer

bspsoccer Member

AC Milan
    United States
    Jan 25, 2004
    Colorado, USA
    Yeah, i know that, I was just saying.......

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  6. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    Are u boys still planning a bid for ronnie? or is it just the press looking for a story.

7. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its the latter.

Ronnie would cost more then a mans soul, and Milan having the relationship with Rikjaard, I don't think it would be in Galliani's interest to pry away a player who's coached by a former Rosenneri. It wouldn't be right.

8. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    That's true, and I really don't want him anyway. In his hayday there was no one better, but I haven't seen the "real" Ronaldo in a while. The price we would pay for him could be put to better use on an Italian striker and a good defender.

Let Inter empty their coffers for him.

9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I think he was talking about Ronaldinho? ;)

10. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Ugh.

4 cups of Coffee and I'm still not awake. Change my opinion to something along the lines of...

Phenemenal player, costs too much, and we don't really need him (Kaka).

11. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm thrilled with Rui costa and his return to form, and would love to see him end his career here instead of going back to Portugal.

However I'm not 100% sure he feels the same, and its likely that Milan will intacipate a "post rui era" (or I hope they will) and invest some transfer-attention in a young #10.

Kaka is not going to be fully-fit all the time and will need some backup eventually.

12. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies
    I was always wondering why rui costa sits on the bench for so many games He is one of the all time great playmakers . i guess age is the enemy of all footballers.
    Ur comment about Ronaldo .personally i cannot predict where he will end up in summer.He tends to prefer england as that is the only glamour league he has not played in yet.
    Both kaka and ronnie play a similar type of game so u guys dont want to end up like the galacticos lots of stars but no twinkle :D

13. Milan_Fan_In_USA

Milan_Fan_In_USA New Member

Feb 10, 2005
    New Jersey , USA
    From Goal.com

Beckham To Land In Milan?
    3/16/2005 3:49:00 PM
    Speculation is rife about a possible transfer on loan of the Spice Boy from Real Madrid to Milan this summer.
    Florentino Perez has already warned his players that there will be a revolution this summer, with many of the Galacticos being shown the door in June. One of these players will most likely be David Beckham who has never lived up to the hype that surrounded him on his arrival in Madrid.

The English national team captain’s most likely destination seems to be Italy, where Milan have a good relationship with Real and have been after the midfielder for some time. The Rossoneri would make a deal with the Spanish giants similar to the one they have with Chelsea for Hernan Crespo.

Beckham would in fact arrive on loan and Milan would pay the full wages of the player till June 2006. Then both clubs would meet to discuss a possible definite transfer of the player to Ancelotti’s side.

I don't know how I feel about this if it were to become reality

14. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    It would be such a bad move, it's almost comical to think about. Beckham can't defend very well, which is the first strike against him. One of the best things about our style is how our midfield can drop back to cover our fullbacks with perfect ease. The thought of Beckham dropping back to cover Cafu is scary. Second, we already have one of the more sought after RM/DMs, Gattuso, we could reposition him, but losing Seedorf would be a waste. Playing Beckham for Kaka or Pirlo is just about the worst tactical move I could ever think of. The final thing is that his strengths aren't that necessary to us. We have players capable of crossing to the center with accuracy, and Pirlo or Kaka are great on free kicks.

I'd rather see Juventus buy him. Sheva and Kaka sell enough t-shirts, and are much better.

15. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    Buying Beckham would not be a good move for Milan. Of course he will sell shirts, but I'm only concerned with onfield performances. I'm not sure how effective he would be in Serie A.

16. Milan_Fan_In_USA

Feb 10, 2005
    New Jersey , USA
    From Channel4.com

Milan line up Beckham bid
    Wednesday 16 March, 2005
    There are reports that Massimo Ambrosini will be offered as part of a package to tempt David Beckham to the San Siro this summer.

Milan have long been linked with the England international, but baulked at the price-tag that took him to Real Madrid. Now that he has failed to live up to expectations at the Bernabeu, it’s rumoured the time is right for the Rossoneri to make their move.

The switch could be as simple as a season-long loan deal until June 2006, the same terms that saw Hernan Crespo join Carlo Ancelotti’s squad from Chelsea.

Beckham hit the headlines this week when he praised the Serie A outfit and tipped them as potential winners of this year’s Champions’ League.

“Milan, especially, have really caught my eye,” said the former Manchester United star. “They cause a lot of problems for the opposition, they are strong in every part of the field and they are so good defensively with Paolo Maldini and Cafu playing as well as ever.”

It is claimed that the key to the whole affair is Massimo Ambrosini, the kind of defensive midfielder that Madrid have been lacking this year and a prime target for director of sport Arrigo Sacchi.

Ambrosini would be more than happy to make the switch to Spain, as he was already linked with Barcelona and Valencia in January.

“I am not a reserve,” commented the Italian international today. “I feel that I can give more to the team and although my rapport with Ancelotti is excellent, that’s just not enough for me anymore.”

His contract expires in 2006 and that makes a summer departure increasingly likely, as Ambrosini has barely set foot on the field this season.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    MILAN! PLEASE DON'T BUY BECKHAM!!!!! Sell Ambrosini for money and use the money to buy Baronio, so he could sit on the bench as a back up for Pirlo.

18. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The only thing that the printed story seems to confirm, is Max's departure. I must admit I'm troubled by this news, as I have always been a huge admirer of Max and his defensive abilities. He was always able to add that extra defensive backbone when Milan needed it most, and his agressive character complimented Milan's midfield off the bench very well.

About Beckham: I've always rated him. I thought he was the best midfielder in the world in 99 and after. The only real turn off would be his inability to adapt to Serie A. His performance against Juve was pathetic, and I think the english NT doesn't need his services anymore.

19. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Ambrosini annoys me. At his best, he's a combative defensive midfielder who has great aerial ability, but he's no Michael Ballack. I don't know who told him he was. Sit on the bench and collect trophies, shut your mouth and know whats good for your career. I used to think he was good, until he started doing likewise.

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well all we need now, is too see Ambro playing for the Marengues and doing to better then he dide here. Thats the really irritating part.

21. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Beckham would actually be a good fit for Milan's style of play. The problem is that he's no longer good enough to displace any of your starters. He's actually not a terrible defender (he tries hard, at least), and he could fill the Seedorf or Pirlo roles. Problem is, he's not good enough to beat out either player and is far too old to be considered a prospect.

22. Milan_Fan_In_USA

Feb 10, 2005
    New Jersey , USA
    Great post....I agree

23. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Good points.

But if Milan have managed to keep Rui Costa around this year (and another?), why not workin' Beckham into the midfield, too?

24. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Beckham or no Beckham, something needs to be added to this Milan attack.

The obvious reasons would be Milan's inability to score a goal in the first half of play in the last 25+ Serie A games! That is not normal.

Secondly, Milan's efforts on set pieces have been nothing less then abysmal. Milan forwards have profited little from dead-ball situations and as a whole, their attack has been stressed for opportunites on goal; only "build-up-play" has payed out thus far.

Finally, too many 1-0 scorelines for my comfort anyway. the Samp game recently was played very well, but the few chances on goal were noted. Not to mention if Samp had been slightly luckier they probably could have equalised.

Now Beckham probably isn't the answer, but I would be in denial if I didn't think that his crossing abilities didn't add dimensions to our wing-play. And I'd prefer him on the corner instead of Pirlo (not to say Pirlo can't do them, but clearly he hasn't been practicing).

I'm happy we're playing well, and I'm pleased with our over-all performances in hindsight. But I would like to see more goals, not for the pure sake of entertainment, but for the sake of keeping that psychological edge by beating teams with more conviction. Huge posession isn't enough unless your making the chances on goal.

25. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Replace Pirlo?!?! You have to be kidding. The man is our one-stop distribution center. I would go as far to say the underlying playmaker of the team. You trust Beckham with that responsibility? I don't trust the man to replace Seedorf.

For the record. I don't think Beckham is crap. In his heyday he would have been a fine addition. I've seen him play for Real and I have not been impressed. Not to mention he is going to demand playtime. We can do much better for less money if we looked around. Then again, if we want sales of counterfit AC Milan jerseys in Asia to increase, why not?

AC Milan is not a team made up of "galacticos". All the players work hard and put their end in. There is NO ONE bigger than the team.