AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SICILIANSOCCERFAN

SICILIANSOCCERFAN New Member

Dec 6, 2004
    Toronto
    well, looks like milan might try and swoop in on Ronaldinho..read on...

"Milan are reportedly planning a £40m swoop to sign Barcelona sensation Ronaldinho in the summer.

The Brazilian is a known favourite of Vice-president Adriano Galliani and the Italian champions are pondering an offer."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

go ahead and read the entire article....goes on to stat they will throw in
    Tomasson and Coloccini...enjoy

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What in the world are we doing? Don't get me wrong, Ronaldhino is an amazing player, but we got Kaka, whom I heard Chelsea wants, so in that case, it would be wise to bid for Ronaldhino. I don't know, there is too much going on now, Jakulowski, Gilardin, Setariadis, Crespo, etc. I gues time will tell.
    Thanks for the info

3. The Bergamister

The Bergamister New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Bergamo and Brussels
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Do not worry to much about it, you are a big club, you are constantly linked to players in the news, how else is the gazzetta going to fill all those pretty pink pages?

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    more on the jar-jar rumor

http://skysports.planetfootball.com...itle=Milan+keep+watch+on+Ronnie&channel=Italy

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    I don't think the Ronaldinho rumor is going to amount to much in the end. We have Kaka who is an amazing CAM and younger. Don't get me wrong, Ronaldinho is incredible and if we didn't have Kaka it would be a great move. One can't but help to wonder if the amount for a proposed Ronaldinho move could be put to better use. I mean I would say for that kind of money gun for Gerrard.

6. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It might just be idle speculation, but Milan capturing Ronaldinho would be huge. Massive. It would probalby mean giving up a couple of solid players and likely mean not keeping Crespo permanently, but would probably be worth it.

Unrelatedly, does Milan have anyone capable of replacing Maldini if he retires or simply starts slowing down in the next season or two?

7. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, Chivu will be on his way to Milan when Maldini retires.

8. Bigpapa42

Bigpapa42 Member

Dec 15, 2004
    The Wastes of Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Really? I didn't think Roma would let him go so easily...

9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
  10. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Maybe, maybe. But not every player would wants to move to Chelsea. And if a player doesn't want to move to a club, the transfer isn't going to happen. I wouldn't say "never" because of this. Although if my ol' gord is working right Ronaldihno's been quoted in saying nice things about Chelski.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Looks like Coloccini is on his way back to Spain (maybe his bungling error leading to an Udinese goal in the coppa italia this week was the last straw ... ).

Chievo's Roberto Baronio could be brought in to provide cover for Pirlo.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan29f.html

12. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    In England all the talk is that Coloccini will join Spurs in an initial loan deal with an option to buy in the summer for £3million. Personally I would be slightly surprised as we have just loaned out Calum Davenport to Southampton, but Spurs are very active in this window.

13. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wouldn't be surprised at all, if Milan landed a HUGE signing over the summer. Everyone seems to think this Milan side is the same powerhouse of last season....guess not. Same players, but not the same quality.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If its confirmed tomorrow that Sheva will be out for awhile don't be surprised if Gilardino is unveiled as a Milan player on Tuesday. The only bad part is that Gila is euro cup-tied.

15. hiphophomi

hiphophomi New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    according to north american soccer news ronaldinho is probably coming to milan and crespo will be leaving...this will be a good thing for the club but will ronaldinho leave barcelona??

16. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If Ronaldinho ever became a Milan player it would be under the same circumstances with the Rivaldo aquisition. "An old guy who's free"

17. hiphophomi

hiphophomi New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    with sheva out milans going to learn that they need another star player.... ronaldinho could be that other star player. he was the fifa player of the year and 75 million should be more than enough to help him leave barcelona

18. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

And where does Milan come up with the 75 million (euro?) ?

19. hiphophomi

hiphophomi New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    They claim to have it.If you think that Milan is short of any money you should notice that most large teams like Milan have way more money than they used to. 75 million is very little money now and a deal consisting of the sale of many players (including Crespo) and receiving others, they could easily find 100 or even 200 million.

20. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Ronaldinho is an excellent player but it would be pointless for us to acquire him. We have Kaka who is really good and younger. Not to mention the thought of losing Kaka is terrible. 75 million could be well spent to get us a world class striker and possibly another defender.

21. paulocesar

paulocesar Member

Oct 4, 2000

I've been saving a post on Coloccini for a while, and was surprised to see that there was no specific thread devoted to his release....

Anyways, I know Colo never really shined for Milan, but then again, I have this inherent suspicion that we are letting another Ayala, Vieira, Davids-like quality player out our hands.

Maybe not for this season, but I am already thinking about next year and how there will have to be some change in the backline players of Maldini, Stam, Cafu, and Costacurta. Coloccini was one for the future, and I think we will look back in years time that we let him go. Just my opinion. :(

22. Caribbean boy

Caribbean boy New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    barbados westindies

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!!!!!!!! van gaal is not in charge u know.

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I agree. I've wondered the same myself. But I wonder less about that this year than i nthe past when it looked like he might be on his way in past seasons. He got more experience under his belt again last year in Spain. At some point you have to go from showing potential to executing. And he hasn't seemed to pull that off yet.

24. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    It's not going to happen and our team doesn't really need Ronaldinho anyway.

25. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    :)