AC Milan transfers, rumors, speculations ... (Part 2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by SueB, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember him playing Left-back against England in Euro 2000 when Romania won and he scored a goal.

2. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivu started off as a left back and moved to the center in his time at Ajax. He can play either position which is why he would be the ideal replacement for Maldini. I don't see him coming to Milan until Maldini retires. He would probably start out at left back if Stam is still with Milan. If Stam is gone he would partner Nesta in the center.

3. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    True, Chivu originally was a left back. However, I think he's better in the centre of defense. What do you guys think to be his best position?

4. fatdanny99

fatdanny99 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    US
    Center

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Also, Chivu can take free-kicks that are on the right side of the field because he has a good left foot. He scored against Juve last year with a nice one. Pirlo is right-footed and it's really hard to curl the ball in with your right foot on the right side of the field.

6. rossoneri_22

rossoneri_22 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 18, 2004
    http://www.tribalfootball.com/january/italnews030105.html

Apparently Jankulovski is set to be wearing the rossoneri. The article is not clear whether he will be signed now or in the summer. Anyone hear anything else about this deal.

Do you think this will change the status for a possible move for Chivu?

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    A few weeks back I saw the back end of Eurogoals on Eurosport. And it said something about Alberto Gilardino signing for Milan. Is it true that its a done deal and the guy will sign in the next few days?

:confused:

Thanks...

8. XZeRO3003

XZeRO3003 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Cali
    I heard somewhere that Kaladze and Pancaro are gonna get sacked for "lack of first team play"

This is saddening news, Kaladze is class, Pancaro is a great replacement, why would they NOT renew their contracts?

9. DrMom9900

DrMom9900 New Member

Jul 11, 2004
    PVB or Jupiter, FL
    Aww no, u cant get rid of kaladze, i think his performance has been exceptional this past month and a half, but that injury sure didnt do him any good. Also, i feel bad for shevchenko, im sure he loves having his former Kiev teammate around, damn. I hope he stays.

10. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Normally I don't pay attention to the stuff Tribal prints. THey seem to make up 1/2 of it. I've seen this rumor elsewhere before elswhere though. I don't know. Is Jankulovski really up for a move this winter?

11. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaladze isn't going anywhere, at least not this year. In the summer Pancaro is most likely gone which would leave Kaladze, Maldini, and probably Jankulovski fighting it out for the left back spot. But since Maldini(center back) and Jankulovski(midfield) will be playing in other roles during the season Kaladze will get his fair share of minutes for Milan.

12. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both Jankulovski and Gilardino have been rumoured to have already been signed by Milan for next year. But with Sacchi now at Madrid there are rumours that he wants to bring Gilardino with him. So you never know what the truth is until it happens.

13. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    i still don`t see gilardino playing at the bernabeu, they already have enough forwards, sacchi is an admirer but with elmoro struggling to fit in behind the likes of owen, ronaldo and raul, i don`t really see gilardino headed to the primera.

tribal football news are also unreliable.. i don`t see us signing a forward until may be the next summer transfer window. pipo is even nearing full scale return to fitness, tomasson also plus i really think crespo will be taken on parmanently as he continues to score impressively.

14. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaladze and Tomasson for Crespo?
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/transfernews.asp?type=article&id=248604

I think Chelsea are dreaming if they think they are getting both Tomasson and Kaladze for Crespo. I think giving them Tomasson should be enough.

15. XZeRO3003

XZeRO3003 New Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Cali
    Ridiculous. Chelsea should at least offer more money, but even with money Milan must first be positive that they have a good replacement for Kahka. I'd hate to lose Kaladze, I love the guy, but if a better replacement is found (I've never seen that Jankulovski guy play) then I say go for it.

And just to clear this up, I wish Kaladze dosen't leave at ALL (unless he goes to Barcelona
    :D )

16. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Wait, you want money AND Crespo for Kaladze? You're kidding right.

17. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Well, I was thinking money, Crespo, and Wayne Bridge for Kaladze. :D :D

18. sakana

sakana BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2003
    USA
    Club:
    OGC Nice
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Something that's going around England, and Newcastle specifically:

Any word of this any closer to home?

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  20. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very probable Tomasson will leave in the summer(Gilardino is signed for next year to take his place). But Tomasson's contract doesn't expire at the end of the season. He just renewed his contract last year until 2008/9?. So any team wanting him will have to come up with the cash. He has been rumoured to be offered to Chelsea as a makeweight for Crespo(scroll up).

21. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This rumour is garbage. There is no way Milan loans out Tomasson right now. There are only three healthy strikers on the squad currently and Tomasson is one of them. Who knows if Pippo will play again this year.

22. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    "The transfer window is open again and the rumours are flying," Tomasson told Onside.dk.

"But I should not be going anywhere and therefore not to Chelsea either."
    - Tomasson

So is Jon Dahl really interested in making a move?

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
  24. Danishrossonero

Danishrossonero New Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Geneva
    Yeah, id say chances are 80% that Jankulovski will become a Milan player this June. And of course, the own goal he scored last week helps too ;)

25. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I heard today on Fox Sports World that Gilardino already accepted 4mil from Milan and will join them in the summer. It's probably a rumor, but it sounds like it could be true as well. He's a great player and would help if Chelsea requested Crespo back. However, i am sure Milan will buy him out and he will stay with us permanently.