AC Milan threats over Brazilian players

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by MIGkiller, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree. Bayern Munich doesn't care that we'll be missing Zé Roberto, they're happy.

And of all 5 who we will not have, Zé Roberto is the biggest absence. Damn.

2. Re: AC Milan threats, again

do they? i thought the SLAVE TRADE was long abolished!!

3. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Fantastic post, really. It is the reality and the flip side of things. The players won't complain about the salaries they get. It is good for them to be level headed when the decide on what they will do, because like randy says its a business.

It's just sad to me because I'm a big fan of the natoinal game, and i don't follow Milan at all, therefore don't really care about that club. But the reality is that FIFA has rules in place that the clubs must go by. Simple as that. Also, at the end of the day it really is the decision of the player, simple as that. This is not to say that there wouldn't be consequences from the decisions of the players.

They own the rights to field that player provided they pay that player X amount, and within the clauses of the contract. They do not own the individual. If that were the case, they would have bought the player and could say: "we won't pay you anything. Now go out and play, or I will whip you."

Of course that is illegal.

4. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Mr. RandyNA74

I guess the clubs "own" the players the same way your boss "owns" you.

5. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Not entirely accurate. The clubs own the players "rights". My employer does not own my rights, as I am an at will employee. I can give my two week notice tomorrow, and leave. Kaka cannot. His rights are owned by Milan until the contract runs out.

6. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    Thank you! That´s exactly my point. A club does not "own" a player, like someone said a few posts ago.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Glad we at least agree on that. :)

8. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    I agree with CAP's stance - he wants to see COMMITTED players there (even though those 3 at Milan are committed, in fairness)

9. GeorgeBest

GeorgeBest New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Hi all. Im new in this forum and i'd like to say just a few things about this thread.

1) ac milan simply needed its brazilian players for an OFFICIAL match on sat 21th (supercoppa italiana), not for a friendly (even though full of meanings) match as haiti-brazil. Other teams where they are playing the biggest stars gone to haiti (Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Roberto Carlos) didn't have official matches, so no problem for them to go there

2) ac milan (like all other clubs) doesn't actually "own" any player. Every contract of employment can be rescinded also by the player if he's not satisfied. Remember Rivaldo: he wasn't rightly satisfied of his position in acmilan and the club let him go away without problems. So we could ask kakà or dida if they are satisfied or not to stay in acmilan....

3) i don't think acmilan really "exploit" its international players just for club interests, without care of them and their careers. An example: acmilan supported all the time Redondo in his big and long accident, without any "return of money"

4) Parreira is not stupid, he has to make Brazilian team interests. He knows that he can easily drop these big players because Brazil is plenty of soccer talents (i don't think Lippi could do the same with his top players). However I'm very sad for the dropping of Cafù: he is the "flag" of Brazilian National team, i don't think it's a correct treatment for a player who gave so much to the great brazilian team

Bye (VIVA BRAZIL!!)

10. fwyale

fwyale New Member

May 29, 2004
    How about the newest version of Brasil squad?

11. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Try the CBF site (click on Selecoes and click Bolivia)