AC Milan threats over Brazilian players

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by MIGkiller, Oct 18, 2003.

1. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.foxsportsworld.com/content/view?contentId=1762760

I say a plain and simple:

F*ck off AC Milan!

Country over club, always!

2. PsyKoh

PsyKoh New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    AC knew that Kaká is young enough to play for both national teams before they signed the contract... They should just shut up and enjoy his goals for AC Milan.

3. Evilinho

Evilinho New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Braz'iu
    AC Milan always does this with their players. They said before the 2002 WC for CONMEBOL qualifiers that they would no longer be recruiting players from South American countries.

Kaka shouldn't have gone to play for Milan anyway. If he has to play for his country, he will play for his country. Milan can go *#*#*#*# themselves. They do not control Brazilian football, so they should keep their mouths shut as to how Brazilian football operates. And if they have a problem with South American players then there are hundreds of other teams that will take South American players and kick their asses.

Brazil wants to win an Olympics and they will do it however they can. If it means having Kaka, then it means Kaka will play.

4. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    LOL!

Welcome to Bigsoccer, Evilinho!

5. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Sounds like posturing on Milan's part......thing is under present FIFA rules they really can't do squat about it (other than for friendlies). Like spitting in the wind really....

However, there indeed is a point of diminishing returns if a player is overused, is there not? When exactly is Olympic qualifying and does it overlap with WC qualifying? Will it be a lenghty process, or several games over the course of a month (like the last time)? I should think that U23's can qualify without him, and preserve his use for the actual games in Athens.

6. Evilinho

Evilinho New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Braz'iu
    Thank-you Migkiller. I have been onthese boards but never posted.

I know what you mean about the player but do not be fooled!!! Milan does not care about the well being Kaka. They only care about Kaka being well enough to play for them! Suddenly they do not care about these other tournaments and stuff when meanwhile they have their scouts at all of thes eyouth tournaments to find players like Kaka. Milan is like a lot of the Euro clubs - full of *#*#*#*#!

But I do agree with you for the players being played too much. I do not know much about the schedule - I know that qualifying has to be starting soon. I think that it might be like before. But if it does overlap with the world cup qualfiying then it will probably depend on which team needs him the most. If the under 23 team does well with him there and has a good lead, and it is not a tournament, then maybe he will only play a couple of games. I think there is better chance that he will be needed for the selecao with Ronaldo, Rivaldo, etc. because who knows - maybe one of the players will be injured (I HOPE NOT!!!). But what does it matter? Milan will complain if he goes to play for the Selecao, they will then complain if he leaves to play for the under 23. What those *#*#*#*#*#*#*#s are trying to do is serve their first interest. *#*#*#*# em, I say. Brazil has never won an Olympics and I would like to see the Under 23 team win this Olympics. And you know what else would happen? Suddenly Milan would want another player from that team that won the Olympic.

7. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Yes, welcome to Bigsoccer Evilinho. heh heh, remind me of another BS poster named Evilrick. ;)

And I share your same frustration with club vs. country.

8. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Milan pays Kaka's salary. Period.

There is no reason why Brazil should be able to call him up for a non-Fifa sponsored event such as the Olympics. Period.

There is no argument.

9. PsyKoh

PsyKoh New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Are you serious?

Kaká is BRAZILIAN first and foremost, so if his country calls for him to defend his colors in the Olympics, Milan has to shut up and thank the stars they got him to play for them in the first place.

You think kaká needs Milan? How many other teams would get him in a second?

Let Milan bitch all they want and if they don't like it, they can rescind the contract. I dare them to.

10. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Something about this post rubs me the wrong way. And I disagree with it 100%. I don't believe the premise holds much water, and you missed the point of the argument. Milan wants Brazil to chose which team to place the player on. IMO, that is a reasonable request. However it's pre-meditated - they know it would be suicide for their recruiting if they told the guy he couldn't play in the Olympics - do you have any idea at all what that means to the players, fans, etc. of Brazil????? Between the way they've treated a "national hero" in Rivaldo, slapping the door shut on Kaka's Brazil aspirations, when he would probably be captain of the team, would be yet another slap in the face to Brazilians.

How many other internationals play for their country during the Olympics? Didn't Nakata play in 2000 for Japan? How many Czech players that are with clubs played? How many Spanish players that are with clubs played? Americans? Cameroon? Chileans that have clubs played? Italians?Saying Kaka or Brazil doesn't have a say in the matter doesn't hold any water and while the Olympics **may not** be FIFA sponsered, to say that FIFA doesn't have a tangible interest in the competition would be extremely far fetched.

I don't know. I think that post was really a troll.

11. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    The use of "Period," twice. Seems like children were being scolded.

Do Mods troll?...and if they do, is there a special kind of punishment?

Kaka will be going to the Olympics without a shadow of a doubt. Given that the games typically occur in the European offseason, it shouldn't bother Milan at all. A sensible compromise would be for him to not participate in Olympic qualifying.

PS - Alex, on your Stevie Wonder songs, "As" (sometimes known as Always) is quite possibly the greatest uptempo love song ever written. It should have made your top five.

12. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I once found myself in a similar situation when I had a boss much like AC Milan. He wanted me to put work in front of everything I dared most: my personal and social life. Guess what I've chosen? ;)

Much like Kaká, I knew there are many other places where I can make a living and not give up my personal goals for someone who just want to use me for profit.

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I should clarify Milan's position here. Milan are not asking Kaka not to play in the Olympics in Athens in the summer. They are asking Brazil not to call Kaka up for the Olympic qualifiers. If he were to be called up he would miss one month of Milan's season in January, I think. That is alot of missed time considering Milan are paying his salery.The major problem is that South America and Europe are on totally different schedules and there are going to be many different conflicts. And having Kaka play for both the u-23 team and senior team doesn't help matters.

And for those of you who are criticising Milan for only thinking of themselves, who would you want them to think of. They are obviously going to think of themselves. And having Kaka gone for a month will hurt Milan's scudetto hopes tremendously. Especially considering Rivaldo will most likely be gone by January.

14. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Yes - that is it! It was provocative and wasn't necessary given the article.

Technically mods aren't supposed to troll serious discussion forums. But ironically I mod a rivalry forum where trolling is permitted.

I think that is the gist of it. The way I read the article, Milan want a decision to be made about which team he plays for. This is not unreasonable IMO.

Yeah, that's a good one. He has so many power hits - these were just the ones I that sparked memories from the top of my head. Overjoyed is definitely my favorite though.

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Brazil calling Kaka for all sorts of different qualifying schedules for Brazil is unfair to the team that has recruited him and pays his salary each week. Its normal for a player to be called for WC qualifying or Olympic qualifying and/or friendlies but for Brazil to call him for all of the above and more is making a prostitute out of the player and a mockery out of his club. You think Milan is using Kaka? What is the CBF doing exactly? Giving him a all expenses paid vacation? They are trying to take advantage of him more than any party.

Mod note: I edited (most of) the inflammatory part of this. Jawz, be aware that you are not in the Italy forum.

16. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)

Jawz, you speak of this in the present tense. When exactly has this occurred?

If it hasn't occured, then somehow we must believe that Milan's top brass is clairvoyant -- with the singular ability to see how the Brasilian federation WILL act.

No one here doesn't understand that there are limits to a player's physical capabilities. However, the point of view here is that Milan's posturing has served nothing but to irritate CBF and potentially create an adversarial relationship where there was none....much as you may have done.

Kaka is not the only Brazilian player to have ever been in this position - Roberto Carlos for one, and many more, have been good enough to play for both U23 and Selecao. Case by case discussions between clubs and the CBF have always worked. This new bombastic "keep your greedy hands off" approach is the issue.

PS - Alex. I think you should allow for all comments, even if they seem inflammatory. It allows the reader to truly see where the writer is coming from. If they break a clear BS rule, then they should be flagged and censored.

17. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    What does Milan know that CBF doesn't?

This article is right on cue. Seems that Parreira has yet determined the Olympic/COPA strategy.....

http://lancenet.ig.com.br/idxn.asp?f=/news/news_lft.htm&p=/news/hoje/colunistas/col/CES10.htm
    --------------------------------------------
    Parreira está com a cabeça nos próximos desafios da seleção principal, pelas eliminatórias. Mas não perde de vista a Olimpíada, nem a Copa América, ambos em 2004.

Ele e Ricardo Gomes, técnico da seleção olímpica, estão em pleno debate sobre a estratégia a ser traçada. Ricardo Gomes acha que o ideal é levar o mesmo time. Ou seja, usar a Copa América, no Peru, como laboratório. A idéia não é se preocupar em vencer o decadente torneio sul-americano.

Mas, acima de tudo, preparar bem e entrosar a seleção para buscar o ouro inédito na Grécia.

Parreira acha que Gomes deve se ocupar, exclusivamente, com as Olimpíadas. Disputar a Copa América com uma terceira seleção – nem a olímpica, nem a principal – é a pretensão do treinador tetracampeão mundial, que teme que jogadores se machuquem ou se queimem (a Olimpíada começa cerca de duas semanas após a Copa América).

Outro debate em curso é sobre os três "veteranos". Ronaldo, Ronaldinho e Roberto Carlos já se puseram à disposição. Ricardo Gomes ficou feliz e aprovou a idéia. Parreira também. Porém, mais experiente, pede cautela. Ele acha que a escolha tem que ser sustentada na necessidade do time para resolver problemas em posições carentes. Manda e sabe quem pode. Obedece e ouve quem tem juízo.
    -------------------------------------------

Maybe Parreira should consult Milan ;)

18. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    LOL who removed my post :D

19. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    No doubt that was me. Trolling posts aren't permitted in this forum. PM me for details if you wish.

20. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://esportenaglobo.globo.com/Eng/article/0,19125,SER641889-1289,00.html

How do you say "screw you" in italiano? :D

21. PsyKoh

PsyKoh New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    this sucks.

22. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So we don't need Kaká for the pre-olympics, heh?

Damn spaghetti-eaters, carcamanos mafiozos.

23. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://oglobo.globo.com/online/plantao/142616084.asp

One round won in the fight against Brazil's enemies AC Melon. Next round they are also likely to lose when Parreira calls an A-team to Copa America.

24. Evilinho

Evilinho New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Braz'iu
    Re: AC Milan threatens Brazil over Kaká

Milan dont care about Brazilians in Brasil or nationl team they only care about they club and winning. these guy big big reason why they win Scudetto this year and they dont want to expose to injury, stuff becaus they seem them like cattle or investment that make them money. it sick way of looking at it but yeah that how i see it.

fck them though. i still follow international football and if team win like them then it death of game. i like see guy like ronaldinho, ronaldo kaka play together because even when they in brasil they dont play together you know? club cant win like that... it bad for fans of country players come from especly for brasil.

milan will alwyas complain about brasil players. easy thing to say is "okay then dont ever buy brazilians" but they wont do that. they cant do that because if they dont do it someone else will and will make compromise like tey should be doing anyway. they win with kaka in the winter and it hurt CBF. now CBF will put up way more fight for they players.

25. Andre_Fla81

Andre_Fla81 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Re: AC Milan threatens Brazil over Kaká

Copa America taking place every 2 years is ridiculous. I agree with the clubs on this one. It's not only the European teams. What are we gonna do without Felipe for an entire month?
    Relegation, no doubt.