AC Milan Pre-Season 2014/2015

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Jul 16, 2014.

1. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do it Berlusconi!
    [​IMG]

Kqql repped this.
  2. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Agazzi has been terrible, he's never looked this bad before

3. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    cobi jones is a terrible commentator.

makes me miss lalas.

LGRod repped this.
  4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    fred? he's worse than matri.

Kqql, LGRod and el napulitan repped this.
  5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    there is no reason to expect to finish this season any better than we finished last season. we have done nothing but age and lose a little bit of creativity this summer. what's the over/under on pippo getting axed? gotta be before christmas right? maybe before thanksgiving even. jesus.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  6. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    if inzaghi gets sacked before xmas then its time the board took a long hard look at themselves

LGRod and Kqql repped this.
  7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    what would suddenly make them self-aware at christmas? they've been running the team into the ground since 2007.

LGRod, BobanFan, Kqql and 1 other person repped this.
  8. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    cheeky.:D

9. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    well i know that but if they sack another guy then it really is time to point the finger at themselves. after all they are the ones who hired seedorf, sacked himt then hired another inexperienced former player, i know they wont look at themsleves,

watching this game today i looked at the score in the corner, saw milan 1, then next to the 5 was a team called man city, thats so wrong. This should be the catalyst for berlusconi to sell 100% of milan because he can no longer take them anywhere financially, he took milan to great hights but he can no longer afford to invest so should do whats best for milan otherwise its going to be a good 10 years before milan see a good team again

10. midnightman

midnightman Member

Sep 15, 2004
    and that was just the B-team of Man City

Kqql and LGRod repped this.
  11. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    lose a bit of creativity? that's a bit harsh, i think. sure we lost kaka but we'll have SES. and we'll hopefully lose robinho but he didn't add anything. if anything i think we've gained a bit of creativity with SES coming back menez joining the team (can't be worse than robinho) and honda (he's can't be as bad as he was last year, can he?!)

LGRod repped this.
  12. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #37 Kqql, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

Olympiakos 2-0 Milan

Olympiacos:

Roberto;
    Elabdellaoui (Bouchalakis), Manolas (Cholevas), Abidal (Kolovos), Masuaku (Ghazaryan);
    Samaris (Maniatis), Kasami;
    Dossevi, Dominguez (Saviola), Fuster (Avlonitis);
    Papazoglou (Diamantakos).

Milan:
    Gabriel (Agazzi);
    Zaccardo (De Sciglio), Rami (Mexes), Bonera (Alex), Albertazzi;
    Poli (Mastalli), Cristante, Saponara (Modic);
    Niang (Honda), Pazzini, El Shaarawy.​

13. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    Milan 1-5 Man City

Scorers:
    Jovetic 12, 57 (MC), Sinclair 14 (MC), Navas 23 (MC), Iheanacho 26 (MC), Muntari 42 (M)

Milan:
    Agazzi;
    De Sciglio (Albertazzi 68), Alex (Bonera 46), Rami (Mexes 68), Constant (Abate 46);
    Poli (Essien 46), Cristante, Muntari (Saponara 68);
    Honda (Pinato 85), Niang (Mastour 85), El Shaarawy (Balotelli 46)

Manchester City:
    Caballero;
    Clichy, Nastasic, Boyata (Rekik 77), Kolarov (Richards 69);
    Sinclair, Fernando (Javi Garcia 62), Zuculini (Leigh 77), Navas (Rodwell 77);
    Jovetic (Guidetti 69), Iheanacho (Huws 62)

http://www.football-italia.net/52718/man-city-humiliate-milan

Rossonero23 repped this.
  14. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    4-3-3 only works if the 2 wide forwards track back...

Should try 4-2-3-1 with only 2 forwards or 4-1-3-2

or even 3-5-2 as Milan fullbacks are so-so

LGRod repped this.
  15. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    To be honest, he was only good for half a season. I still have my doubts about him being as good as people think he would be.

16. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    the ffp rules prevent him from directly investing like he used to even if he wanted to. now they have to increase revenues to be able to invest in the squad, and that means they need to build a stadium. the writing has been on the wall for years now, but they have not acted. we always hear noise about stadium plans. they never come to fruition because of one excuse or another. the fact is that if silvio berlusconi really wanted to build a stadium for the club, no one could stop him. it would get built one way or another.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  17. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    ses and honda were on the team last year. i'll admit i forgot about menez, so with his addition and losing kaka, it's maybe a wash. where does the improvement come from?

18. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    real only offered 15M for him last week when clubs were offering 40M last summer.

19. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    No.

Ffp is a hurdle but its a hurdle that can be overcome quite easily with some basic accounting tricks and shell games. Man City has been doing it for a while and so has Chelsea (to a lesser degree).

The plain fact of is that the club is being neglected by a tired owner and uninspired management which has lead us to this moment. To quote Maldini, the club 'did a poor job of transitioning Milan from the old-guard to the new' and basically ended up setting the club back several years.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't for the fact that other elite clubs are seeing their revenue stream sky-rocket as a product of spending on their brand. The Real Madrid's, Chelsea's, Barcelona's and Bayern's of the world are setting new super-heights while we're regressing which gives a very bleak impression of the future.

gcstorm9 and LGRod repped this.
  20. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    why do you say no? silvio can only put in so much money before sanctions start like psg and city got this summer. and uefa smacked down their supposed sponsorship deals that everyone knew were bogus so i don't know what kind of games you want them to play. the problem -- which we agree on -- is a lack of revenue, and there is only so much that can be done given the situation in italy. the most obvious solution -- and the one the club can control -- is building a stadium to at least increase match day revenues.

21. KnoxMilanista

KnoxMilanista Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bam. I'm going to the spring derby.

22. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    right after psg were warned about ffp they shat themselves and went out and dropped 50 mill on that goon david luiz, now they want di maria, do these sanctions only count againts italian teams?

also lets just say ffp were the problem, there is nothing stopping berlu paying out of his own pockets to get rid of the debt

canzano55 and Kqql repped this.
  23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We're not even playing in any UEFA controlled tournaments this year so seeing as how there aren't any domestic calcio laws preventing us from spending money, why not buy talent during this window? Next season you can simply liquidate other assets to finish close enough to the black that would keep our ffp compliance in check.

Think of all the talent we've missed out on because of cheap-skate policies that has taken this club to its knees - Verratti, Immobile, Pogba, Strootman just to name a few i.e. players sold below their market value that are presently worth way more than what they were.

Instead we buy ********ing Matri...

BobanFan and Rossonero23 repped this.
  24. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    well SES was out for pretty much the entire season. and i believe honda can do a lot better than he did last term. he is a much better player than he showed, but we don't know if inzaghi will be able to get it out of him. so i guess the improvements are really just based on potential and my blind optimism.

25. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    FFP is bogus and the "fines" were laughable. Milan seems to be using the FFP as an excuse to not invest in the team. They use BS numbers to tell the fans that they are abiding by the rules, when in reality, they could/allowed to purchase more than if want to, but they don't.

Milan is making themselves and their fans a laughing stock and frankly embarrassing their own brand by having such a lousy ICC tournament. We all know that "preseason" tourney doesn't matter and it's an excuse to make money for the club while coach uses subs and Primavera guys and tests out new stuff. Fans know that, we understand, but American fans and worldwide fans go to games and watch on TV and see us get dismantled and wonder, gosh, why would I support such a team? They are horrible. I am truly saddened that we play these games where none of the players care, or the ones who do perform aren't good enough. It's just sad. Analysts are actually pondering "what happened to Milan" and explaining to the fans at HT how far we've fallen. Berlusconi keeps saying we are the most prestigious club and most titles and blah blah, but no body cares about history. We are now a laughing stock and it sucks.

It amazes me how many guys are still on this team including Bonera, Zaccardo, Constant, etc are still here. They wouldn't be reserves on other teams, yet at Milan, still kicking. Every other team is spending money on players and the great teams are throwing $$$ at James Rodriguez and Suarez( both guys I think don't necessarily make their teams MUCH better but alas they are spending) while we can't pay 500k for Rami? Pathetic.

Agazzi is garbage, Alex was free and probably will start at CB, Menez was free and will start at RW. Amazing to me how/why we won't sign Ochoa and Criscito and a RW(Tarabbt? Cerci?) that will instantly make our team better by pushing old starters to bench to create depth. Instead, I heard a rumor of Campbell from Arsenal. LOL. Of course, we take the worst option cause the cost is cheaper. I am actually shocked that Balotelli hasn't been sold yet. Unless of course he's a last min sale and they just waiting for right price. If they sell him, I won't even watch this season...

Sorry for the rant.
    Sincerely,
    Sad Milan Fan

canzano55, Rossonero23 and LGRod repped this.