AC Milan official transfers, rumors, and speculation Thread 6

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Cassano, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    New Thread to discuss our transfer season.

[​IMG]

2. FORZA AZZURRI 406

FORZA AZZURRI 406 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
  3. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd much rather go younger with Eto'o or Tevez but I'd settle for Henry if you put a gun to my head ;)

Can you imagine the look on opposing defenders faces when they see Ronaldo, Henry, and Kaka' all running at them :eek:

4. FORZA AZZURRI 406

FORZA AZZURRI 406 New Member

Aug 8, 2006
    Unbeatable. :cool:

5. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Why is eberyone talking about Henry, I have not heard any rumors about it, more like him going to Barca.

6. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well ancelotti mentioned him, that is why, but nothing official or close to official

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Love that pic!

8. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Am I the only one who is impartial to Et'oo??

I don't think he's THAT good.

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    me personally, I have some concern over attitude/chemistry issues, but then again, it might have just been between him and ronaldinho. as far as ability, though, and given his age, no I have no doubts he is worth 30+ million pounds or more that he is rumored at. he has phenomenal talent.
    that is what i think. plus, he is fast and he can drop back and have the ability to interplay with ronaldo and kaka and seedorf, or run onto one of pirlo's chips and finish. plus, he is proven in europe, so less fear of the "gila" syndrome of 25 or so league goals over two years, but only three goals in europe over the same time span, iirc, and we all know how important europe is in the milan hierarchy.
    1) europe
    2) scudetto
    3) coppa italia (has now become basically a blip on our radar)

insomma, he has great talent, proven performer when it counts, younger than say henry and much younger than sheva, fits into our system and style of play, and coming off a season where he was injured for three months and barcelona underachieved, so he might be slightly undervalued relative to what he might have been, say last season, even though his per game productivity is still very good (though, again, he will still cost a lot, of course).

oh, and one other downside. he is african, so next year he will be away for about a month and a half or so on duty with his country in the african nations cup. that is just for next year, but it is something to consider.

10. -Sx2-

-Sx2- Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ofcourse if it's a defense including a player named Puyol anywhere in it...that defense will just laugh. i hate Puyol's great defending.

11. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    i hate to say it but id love to keep gila as a back up back up...we have ronaldo inzaghi then gila...buy another striker to add to list eitha 1 or 2 but not underneath it...i think inzaghi might be done in few years n gila is young enough to learn n still develop..i mean we have him why sell him? let him play coppa games/ league games as a backup kinda like olivera is now....gila puts in his all..heart n everything everytime he plays..he sumtimes just doesnt score..btu hes trying..id rather have a player like him...who could turn into the next comin of super pippo....

12. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Whats all the noise about Gilardino leaving ?! I thought he was a decent player ..

13. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You hit the nail on the head. Gila is a decent player. But Milan aren't in the habit of spending €24M on "decent" players. He was bought to be the long term heir to Sheva. In his two years in Milan we've found out he is the not the player we can bank our future on.

14. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ya .. I remember him costing Milan a huge sum but 24M ?! :eek:
    I was readign some atricle where Gilardino saying that its time fans/club stop treating him liek a flop .. Now i understand the reason for those kind of sentiments..

15. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    He was awesome at Parma... but has struggled to make the step up at the Rossoneri. Everyone expected him to finally go up to the next level this season and it just hasn't happened in fact he has probably had a worse season this year. If Juve are still interested in him you guys should take the cash in a heart beat.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think Henry with Kaka and Ronaldo would be just SICK!!!

I think Henry would do great at Milan,
    everyone knows Arsenal need the money.

I think Eto'o is better right now because of his youth, but with
    Henry missing most of last season; he will be very well rested
    and quite eager to prove himself.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Henry really considering leaving Arsenal?

I like Henry's skills, but I hate his arrogant personality.

18. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I think a side like Milan would put him in check.
    Plenty of strong wills on AC MILAN. I think part of Henry's
    attitude has to do with him being the man for so many years at Arsenal.

19. RealMadGunner

RealMadGunner Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He's been that way probably since he was born .. It's more noticable when players like Vieira, Bergkamp left and he's surrounded by lots of youngsters like Cesc, RvP etc, who look up towards him .. Forget Henry, he's not leaving but i seriously think Anelka would be a good buy for u guys ..

20. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    anelka is a good player, but with all the money we got, getting him to be the main buy of the offseason would be extremely disappointing, to be honest. he is like 10 million pounds, when the other strikers are deservedly worth 30 million pounds, but yes, he has played well for france and bolton this past year, and his attitude problems have been adjusted, I just think we should and can aim higher.

21. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is no chance we sign Anelka. If you combined the brains of Zlatan and Cassano you get Anelka. He is the head case young aspiring head cases hope to be.

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lol :)

in the gazzetta, ancelotti says that gila made a mistake, but that "he is the future of milan." well, the future is bleak, lol.
    seriously, though. what was interesting in that article is that galliani says "we will make a bid for eto'o" and that he also likes henry. so it seems that etoo would be our first choice.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2007/06_Giugno/05/ancesugila.shtml

23. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OH YEAH!!! I wish I could rep you a 1,000 time for that, lol.

24. SparkBomba

SparkBomba New Member

Mar 10, 2005
    Toronto
    I know I'm new to this posting on this site...but I'm not to AC-MILAN, so I'll say this. If you listen to Ancelotti when he said there is a player that wants to come that know one knows, it's then he said if I told you it would be the end of the world. (or something like that) If R10, Eto, Henri, or even Robinho came I don't think it would be shocking. The world wouln't end. The only player that would cause a HUGE mess in the world (and this is in the world of soccer we're talking) would be BECKHAM!!! Someone said it earlier. If Beckham came to MILAN, England (he's on the National team), Spain(Club Team), & Italy(where he would be heading) are affected as well as the U.S.A (as he is to be the face of the MLS). It would be a massive blow to the MLS of Beckam doesn't end up at L.A Galaxy. Anyone else and the impact is not as great.

25. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its funny you should say that because Beckham was quoted by an Italian paper (can't remember which one) saying he regrets Milan's tempting offer and reckons if it weren't for his family he would take up Milan's offer without hesitation.

I'd say its a pretty good guess even though we can't be sure.