AC Milan official transfer, rumor, and speculation thread 9

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Feb 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I will be all on board with the made in milanello era. But we must bring back gourcuff.

flamini-gourcuff partnership is the new generation's gattuso-pirlo.

considering what we have now, and bringing back players we own, I think we will still have a great team capable of winning big things.

2009-2010 season

GK - abbiatti

Defenders - antonini, zambrotta, silva, antonelli, bonera, janks, darmian, astori, marchetti, kaladze, nesta, (please send sanderos back). I would say that if we purchase a -good/potential to be great - cb we could be set in this department.

Midfielders - flamini, abate, gattuso, gourcuff, pirlo, becks, ambro, cardaccio. (dont know if seedorf will be sticking around for another season)

Attackers - pato, borriello, kaka, dinho, viudez, di gennaro, paloschi.

Maybe another attacker and we send one of viudez, di gennaro or paloschi on loan. Its a good looking squad, imo and definately deeper and much better than the one we currently have.

I think in terms of starting 11 we can have multiple competitive line ups

--------abbiati
    antonini-silva-bonera-antonelli(surely he is a better option than favalli)
    --abate-flamini-gourcuff
    ------dinho-kaka
    ----------pato

------------abbiati
    zambrotta-kaladze-new cb-janks
    -----gattuso-pirlo-becks
    ----------kaka/dinho
    --------borriello-pato

with the bench actually having players that you can send on in situations that require fresh attacking legs/defensive legs- borriello, palsochi, di gennaro, viudez, gattuso/flamini/ambro. This could be a good thing. We actually have a pretty good team here. Certainly better than the one that won the 07 CL on paper at least.

The first formation also highlights our formation of the future/near future and it is actually a very good line-up. Possibly slightly weaker on the wing back options, but i think antonini can grow in that spot, I dont know enough about antonelli but we still have janks and zambrotta until then.

I think our team can have an excellent mixture of youth and experience for the 2009-2010 season. Definately better than our current squad. And I have said this before, we are a couple signings away from being a really good team.

2010-2011 season and beyond.

If we get a new center back worthy of milan and consider how our formation would look like in the 2010-2011 season and beyond our team of the future can become the team of the present, and a very good one.

-----------abbiati
    antonini-silva-new cb-antonelli
    -----abate-flamini-gourcuff
    ------------kaka
    -------paloschi-pato

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i have no clue if this astori guy is worth a damn or not, but i'm assuming he is just squad filler, and given that nesta can't be relied upon at all and darmian is also squad filler for now, plus kaladze has been dreadful this entire season and even the last half of last season, then that leaves thiago silva, (new cb), and bonera as the only cbs worth a damn. yeah hopefully kaladze bounces back or nesta can stay fit, but it's still not that deep. a prolonged injury to one of thiago silva or whoever else we get in the summer (i hope) and we are back in trouble again

that squad is able to compete, with a little bit of luck, in italy but not in europe, at least not past the quarters.

not unless thiago silva--new cb/bonera can be as good as nesta--maldini of '07...which is tough because those two were still one of, if not, the best cb pair in europe even in '07 once nesta came back. not to mention you need guys like gattuso and pirlo to play how they did a few years back when our midfield controlled matches against man united (x2), liverpool, bayern (x2), and countless lesser opponents like celtic, prague, benfica, et al, as opposed to struggling mightily against arsenal and werder bremen...I wish I could be as enthusiastic as yourself, but i can't. :eek:

I mean that's the thing, i am all for giving youth a chance, but i saw antonelli when he was on loan at parma. he's a solid player, yes, but nothing more, even if he grows and is nurtured. you sometimes need some guys like him who are young, hungry, live for the shirt and will try hard and do whatever is asked to add depth, but he isn't going to take you to the elite. you put him on a pitch against maicon, ramos, lahm or bosingwa on cl ko night and there will be problems...

not bad, the wings are sub-par, as only antonini is possibly worthy of a starting shirt, and even he has to improve some things before that is the case, but yeah for the most part that is a good squad.

3. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    jpick, for the most part i was comparing squads not starting 11s. Yes our starting cb pair were probably the best in europe in that year, and no, we probably wont have that with silva and the new cb.

I agree that we need to buy possibly two new cbs, that are worthy of starting for our team, and while no partnership can be as immense as nesta and maldini, we cant get held back in the past any longer. If we wait for another pair like that to show up, its not going to happen any time soon. While bonera and silva and the new cb's may not form a partnership that will strike fear into strikers all around europe, they will certainly be effective enough to get the job done. And let not forget that Abbiati is much, much better than Dida. Even in 07.

But to counter this "downgrade" in defense, we can talk about the upgrade in attack. gila, kaka, seedorf and inzaghi out of which gila sucked horribly. Dinho is/can be an upgrade to seedorf, pippo is pretty much the same and we replace gila with borriello and pato. The addition of pato itself is a massive upgrade to that attack.

And on astori and antonelli, i cant say that i have seen enough of them, or even at all, their ability to show that hunger itself is a massive improvement. Will be of no use in Europe, but in Italy, it could be massive. And lets not forget that we still have zambrotta and janks to show up for the european games and a host of other experienced masters as well.

alright yes, but look at man united, they are slowly moving their youth in to the squad like the rafael, evans, etc. No one is suggesting that we discard everything and start over, but moving them into the squad slowly is the only way they can provide a contribution. And we need that contribution. Lets also not forget, defenders tend to mature much later than other players.

4. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    for europe our starting 11 and bench is really all that matters. would you be so sure to discount this line up for the 09-10

--------------abbiati
    -----zambrotta-silva-bonera-janks
    abate/becks-flamini/gattuso-gourcuff/pirlo
    ------------kaka---dinho
    ----------------pato

The midfield being interchangeble with whoever is in the best form. with borriello on the bench for attack and three midfield players and difference makers as well.

central defence may be weaker, zambrotta certainly is an upgrade over oddo who did fine but nothing spectacular and janks having 2 years on himself.

however, our attack is most certainly much stronger than in 07 and we have more options in midfield.

On the whole, starting 11 and bench i would say that this team is better than in 07. At least on paper.

5. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, regardless i am mentally prepared for limited market activity as the economic situation is poor and milan lost money last season and probably this one as well. i just hope we can compete in italy is all.

6. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your realism is killing my buzz. :p:D

haha. yeah, while you are probably right, I am always optimisitic for the next season. I blame the 07 CL. If this team didnt perform miracles, I wouldnt believe in miracles.

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Gourcuff is AM behind the 2 strikers. He would be a waste at CM. It either sell him or sell Ronaldinho.

I would sign Cigarini, Agger, Santacroce or Zapata (maybe 2 out of 3), Taiwo or Zhirkov, and a tall, mobile CF in the mold of Berbatov or Zlatan and that would be a successful transfer window.

8. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=5373

apparently leonardo is trying to work his brazilian magic sand lure the young keirrison (just turned 20 a couple of months ago) to milan. i have heard good things about him, and for his age, his stats in the brazilian serie a seem pretty good (he seems to have been one of the top scorers in serie a iirc or was that one of the state leagues?), but how do you some of those more familiar with brazilian football rate him? as good or as promising as "hulk", walter, dentinho, lenny, paulo henrique et al in your opinion?

here is leonardo's quote to a brazilian tv crew:

"i didn't stop here to visit ronaldo, but to instead see keirrison. ronaldo has already played in italy, now is keirrison's time. what has impressed me so much about him is the fact that he can score with both feet, is an excellent dribbler and has a great touch."

leonardo is definitely impressed, and he usually has good judgment, a la pato. :)
    I have no clue if he has a buy-out clause, or what his market price would be,though.

also, today galliani talked about trying to lure obi mikel here over the summer, as he is on a free. of course, since he is non-eu as is keirrison, only one could come and play next season, as thiago silva is taking up one non-eu spot.

9. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    "dentinho, lenny, paulo henrique"

He is definitely better than those. He has excellent positioning, acceleration , good technique, composure in front of the keeper and shot accuracy.He is also stronger than his height may suggest, just like Pato. He was one of the three top goalscorers of Brasileirao 2008 ( yup, three players were tied in number of goals at the end of the tourney... The catch is that Keirrison was playing for a medium-small team that was on the Serie B in 2007 while Kleber Pereira and Washington were on two of the biggest clubs in Brazil) and he was chosen as the best youngster of the tourney. His weakness is that he likes to stay in the box , so he needs to be 'fed' by his teammates.... And that's why I think he would do well with Pato.

He likes to read books and is a very bright kid.

In 2009 he has a better than 1 goal per match ratio for Palmeiras, 13 goals in 11 matches or something like that. He plays like he was there for years , even tho he just arrived at the club. He is a good penalty taker and has a good FK as well. He is also two footed.

Comparing him to Pato, I would say that Keirrison is the better CF , while Pato is the better SS. Together they would rock.... Keirrison would complement Pato very well. Plus he is called K9... You would have a Duck and Dog partnership upfront >_>

Every goal that he scored in 2008
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3JjUEwaQ6o"]YouTube - Todos os gols de Keirrison pelo Coritiba no Brasileirão 2008[/ame]

His first 12 goals for Palmeiras

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPT0Dl0qhck"]YouTube - Gols de Keirrison / K9 pelo Palmeiras[/ame]

10. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, i'm convinced. come on leonardo, pull out another gem. :)

11. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I edited a few things >_>

12. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Neevveerrrrr!! :p

13. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Welll .. I said that Keirrison needs to be 'fed' by his teammates... Now that I think about it it makes more sense than I thought :D

14. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    in the first vid, his touch at 3:15 was really soft, and his finish at 3:55 off the bounce was clinical. he seems to be a very, very good finisher with nice instincts for his age. able to peel off towards the back post, run off the last defender, or peel back against the line as needed. with some more work and experience, plus a little extra meat on his bones, he would be a very good striker. granted, you can never judge a player solely off youtube clips, but that was impressive nonetheless. i am trying to watch more brazilian soccer that goltv has it, but they only have certain competitions right now i think. i will try to catch him some over the rest of the season

15. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Didnt Milan sign another CB along with Silva in Jan?

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    nah, i think they were talking about agger and kjaer for the summer, but never pulled the trigger. unless there is something i missed.

will need another cb signing though in the summer.

17. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Felipe Mattioni is who Im talking about I see he's just on loan here though.

18. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    oh yeah, my bad i thought you meant cbs, yeah he is a fullback/wingback on loan with the right to buy, but i don't know much about him...i hope maybe he can get some time and impress during the run-in

19. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    juan camilo zuniga, the young columbian right flank at siena was linked to milan (already been linked to juve and fiore). he has had a very good season and up until yesterday siena was one of the best defenses in serie a, even though they had a rough outing yesterday. probably nothing though

20. MAGNETO redded

MAGNETO redded Red Card

Mar 14, 2009
    space
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    guys an you help me with my research on who many times ACM has met ManU and how many times they played each other.

21. JZPalermofan

JZPalermofan Member

Jul 24, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so all of a sudden we are being heavily linked with maxwell from inter...with quotes from both ancelotti and maxwell's agent. i didnt think there was any truth in the rumors but it looks like he could deffinately be here next season. lol we do have a couple of former inter players that have turned out alright...for example seedorf, pirlo, favalli. (lol just kidding about the favalli part)...

what do you guys think about this?

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    maxwell's a good player who has had some poor form this season and then became out of favor with mourinho who loves santon and has never looked back. i still think he is a classy player. are their better players out there? yeah, but if maxwell came to milan would i be unhappy, not at all. much better than some of the oldies or useless players we have acquired in recent times

23. MAGNETO redded

MAGNETO redded Red Card

Mar 14, 2009
    space
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    anyone?

24. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i do know that Manchester United has never beaten Milan in a two legged Champions League tie.

the times I remember playing them were the last two times. 07 and 05.

In 05 we won both games by a single goal. (Crespo scored both)

In 07 we lost the first game 3-2 and won the second 3-0.

25. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Semi-Final Man United - AC Milan 2-1, 0-4 (2-5)

Semi-Final Man United - AC Milan 0-2, 1-0 (1-2)

2nd Round Man United - AC Milan 0-1, 0-1 (0-2)

Semi-Final Man United - AC Milan 3-2, 0-3 (3-5)