AC Milan new season - Leonardo - R Gaucho - Pato - Thiago Silva

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by old_carioca_in_nyc, Jul 13, 2009.

1. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    AC Milan lost Kaka to Real Madrid, but has a new coach - Leonardo, one of the brightest minds in soccer. Thiago Silva can be a monster in defense, Pato is Pato, and Ronaldinho Gaucho is going to get back in top form.

I think AC Milan will do very well the new season! :D

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here is highlights of Ronaldinho in Milan's 1st pre-season game.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TciUkNKrtrE"]YouTube - Milan - Varese in The rebirth of ronaldinho 2009/2010[/ame]

I question their midfield ... Ambrosini, Seedorf, Gattuso ? They need help. Even if in form, Ronaldinho is not the type of player Kaka' is. He can't carry the team like Kaka' did.

3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think Ronaldinho could carry the team, if he was in form. I am hoping that this is the season that Ronaldinho bounces back to his former self. No, I don't expect him to ever reach that level he was at, but at least play at a very high level. He would be an excellent option for us in 2010, if he can do it.

4. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    They are trying to get Hernanes:

"13.07.09 | tribalfootball.com
    AC Milan have opened talks with Sao Paulo for midfielder Hernanes.
    Milan chief Ariedo Braida was in Brazil last week and made contact with Sao Paulo about Hernanes' availability.
    The Brazil international is a favourite of Milan coach Leonardo and seen as a replacement for Chelsea target Andrea Pirlo"

Also - (pure speculation) - trying to get Luis Fabiano!

I posted this simply by being fascinated about a big European club loaded with Brasilian talent! :D

5. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    yea ongoing Negotiations, trying to lower that big 30-40 mil price tag to maybe 20-22 mil region.

Ronaldinho looks much more skinnier then last season.

6. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Milan is trying hard to get Luis Fabiano!

from g1.globo.com:

"Representantes do fundo de investimentos brasileiro GIS, proprietário de 65% dos direitos econômicos de Luís Fabiano, atacante do Sevilla, se reunirão nesta terça-feira com o Milan. A intenção, de acordo com o jornal italiano "Corriere dello Sport" é agilizar a contratação do artilheiro pelo clube italiano.

De acordo com a publicação, o GIS diz ter um acordo com o Sevilla que obriga o clube espanhol a vender Luís Fabiano se a oferta superar R$ 30,5 milhões (€ 11 milhões). O fundo leva este documento ao Milan para dar certezas à diretoria do time italiano. O contrato entre o fundo e o atacante seria de cinco anos, independente do firmado com o Sevilla. "

7. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    This is good news for Brazil to have those players at milan so they can gel and be a plus for Brazil. Fabiano, Pato and Dinho

Also, the Juventus crew of Melo, Diego and Amauri:mad:

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  9. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Evidently Milan played a 4-3-3 in their scrimmage with Ronaldinho on the left side, kind of like his best years at Barca. Interesting.

10. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    It looks like Juventus has Melo, Amauri, Diego, but AC Milan will not get Luis Fabiano...

11. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I would like to see them get Hernanes. He would be a good replacement for Kaka.

He needs to get to Europe.

12. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Juventus also want Andres Santos, as they are seeking the services of a leftback. another brazilian wouldnt hurt :p

13. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    About time Juve got some Brazilians. They tried Athirson (one of my favorites) at left back a long time ago, but it didn't work.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, one of my knocks on them has been too many French and little Brazilians. You could say Amauri is one, although he is practically Italian. Diego is on board too.

15. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! Juve just got Melo too. That's now like $100 million USD they've spent on Brazilians of the last year. Times they are a' changin'.

16. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Ronaldinho Gaucho placating the spazzos!!!!! LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-c720nNtgI"]YouTube - Beckham confronts angry fans[/ame]

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    they're not called the Riot Squad for nothing xD!!!...the second goal was funny aswell ahhhh Beckham, clever boy.

18. Bugre

Bugre New Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Campinas
    Club:
    Guarani Campinas
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's amazing to see Leo coaching Milan,he really deserve it.
    I Wish the best luck of the World to the Milano squad this year,and i really think Thiago Silva will shock the world showing his true colors,the guy is a REAL monster at DF.

But i don't really think Ronaldinho can show off his old dream-like football again. There's no doubt he can be a decent player,and a key for Milan success on the playmaking,but see the old-fashion Ronaldinho again,at least for me,it's just a dream. :(

19. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Only reason Beckham probably confronted them was because he thought they were a joke. I am sure he faced worse in England.

20. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Ronaldinho and Dida are backkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJlifoNmUNQ"]YouTube - AC Milan - Parma 2-0 All Goals & Highlights[/ame]

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Dunga doesn't call Thiago Silva up he is crazy. :eek:

22. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    Ronaldinho is usually back for 1 game, terrible in the next 6 than good again. Dida is in world class form at the moment.

Thiago Silva is a must. He on par with Lucio and Juan, maybe even better.

23. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro

He's much better,imo.

24. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    Dunga crazy?
    No!! He is only crazy for 15 minutes before he issues the next list of convocados!

Other times he is a dreamer.... just ask Gilberto Silva, Robinho, Josue, etc

LOL

25. Cool Rob

Cool Rob Member

Sep 26, 2002
    Chicago USA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good Point. That seems to be a pattern. But to be fair, Ronnie is doing very well since Leonardo switched to a 4-3-3 from that stupid Christmas tree 4-3-2-1, so he gets to loiter around on the left side and pick his moments. (stuff you can't do in a Dunga team) I think Leonardo switched to it at halftime in the Serie a game just before the first Real Madrid CL game; hence the "resurgence." Amazing how much better he looks with Borriello in the lineup.