AC Milan General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Calcio Pauly, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Who should replace Allegringo

1. Donadoni

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Di Matteo

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. other?

13 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    here's a pdf of 2011/12 cl distributions to clubs. i'd assume the numbers this season will be bigger but not much bigger.

Attached Files:

gcstorm9 repped this.
  2. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wish we kept Silva. He was my favorite. Don't care about Ibra, but it is easier saying that now seeing what we have in attack.

3. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan

So we would make about 3mil more plus another 4.5 in rev from addition of game. And according to that I forgot we made quarters last year. So,technically we arent as far as CL as last year. If we win quarters than we made same distance. Also, it says we made 23 mil in market pool from group stages which is about top 4 and higher than Barca. Does anybody know where that money comes from? Total money made from CL was aprox 39mil. Thats an incredible amount of money that can be lost by not qualifiying. So to us losing out on a CL spot sucks, but it can really dampen the economics of top teams. Losing out on a potential 40mil can really cripple a team whose payroll is over 100mil(Milan). Imagine what would have happened if we didnt make CL. We were in debt and sold our 2 best players to cover that, imagine what would happen with no CL.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    that revenue is not what goes into the club's pocket at the end of the day. i believe the city gets a piece of ticket sales and other stadium revenue. that's why it's so important for clubs to own their stadiums instead of renting from the city.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  5. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Of course. More games mean more money, from game day sales but also money from uefa goes to team. The farther we go the more money we make. Owning our own stadium is a HUGE goal we should be going for. Every Year Juve has a stadium ahead of us provides an extreme advantage for them. Either own San Siro(my preference) or build a stadium with Inter and split revenue.

6. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have to get to the San Siro. Maybe next season. My girl wants to go to Italy before going to Brasil. Everyone wishes they were Italian.

7. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Greetings Milan fans.
    What do you guys think about Yepes and Zapata? Curious to know what your opinions are on the Colombians.

8. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi, I don't care for either. How do you feel about Pirlo? Just wondering.

9. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Pirlo is a solid player. Good creativity and nice passing.
    He is actually my father's favorite Italian player so funny you bring him up.

10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about Ibra?

11. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    If Ibra were associated with the current Milan team and correlated with the thread topic I would answer that.

12. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, it is just general. You sound alright. We will keep you. Welcome. You will see what I meant by those questions later.;)

13. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Indeed, it is General. Got me there.

14. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So, where are you from?

15. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    I post mostly in the Colombian forum. Also USA at times.

16. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ok, cool. Just had to make sure you weren't a recently red carded guy sneaking back in.

whill4 repped this.
  17. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i'd rather not play yepes as he's old and slow. as for zapata has been improving some. he started off horrible but has erased some of the mistakes he made. granted he still makes some mistakes, butt they don't always lead to goals anymore

Clenbuterol repped this.
  18. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Thank you.
    Strange thing is your post is almost exactly the same thing I would say pertaining to the Colombian National team. :D

19. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have seen Colombia play a couple times. They have some pretty good guys, Falcao of course, Martinez, Cuadrado, Armero, Rodriguez, Valencia, Guarin. Then you have the girls that go to the games.
    USA vs Colombia
    [​IMG]

Can't find any pics of the Brasil vs Colombia game.

20. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I am a big Yepes fan. Take account his age, he has been quite the player. He does have his occasional mistakes and noticed he is pretty bad when it comes to defending high crosses BUT I do like him. I am disappointed in Zapata as I thought he would be much better. He is an adequate CB but I am not yet sold or trust him ...

21. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I figured it was a ploy at the time, and that it actually worked is hillarious!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Berlusconi: 'Balotelli insult a strategy'
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    Milan President Silvio Berlusconi claims he only called Mario Balotelli “a rotten apple” because he didn’t want to drive Manchester City’s price up.

The patron hit the headlines during January when he publicly stated that Balotelli was not the kind of person who would be welcome in the Rossoneri locker room.

“It was a strategy, advised by Adriano Galliani, to ensure the price-tag did not go up,” insisted Berlusconi in today’s Press conference.

“Today I spoke highly of Bojan Krkic and Galliani kicked me under the table! He’s right to keep an eye on these things.”

Inter’s organised ultras movement has released statements, flyers and posters urging their fans not to aim racist abuse at Balotelli during the Derby.

“It would be absurd and uncivilised, especially as Balotelli is an Italian. We should also change the laws to help people gain citizenship when they live and work here legally.

“I hope that Balotelli can continue to be the lad of simple pleasures that he is now. Off the field he is calm and relaxed, while he is a perfect professional in training and the locker room. I also like that our three strikers all have the same hairstyle, it’s their distinctive symbol.”

Berlusconi, whose PdL party is running for office during this weekend’s elections, also commented on various other players in the Milan squad.

“I have a lot of respect for Robinho. He has this aspiration to go back to Brazil, but we will try to keep hold of him.

“I really like Riccardo Montolivo, as I believe he is the Andrea Pirlo of today and tomorrow. He also plays well to help out the defence and is a lovely guy with an important presence in the locker room.
    “Can we win the Scudetto? Let’s be prudent and remember our target is to build a competitive squad that can last for several years.

“We decided to use the same tactical system in every level of the youth academy and the team. In Europe only Ajax and Barcelona do that, so we put ourselves in line with this philosophy.”

22. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LoL, saw this after I watched the video Rossonero posted.

stphnsn repped this.
  23. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    BELPxMsCUAEIRXS.jpg_large.jpg
    Not a bad group of investments eh.

24. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  25. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    http://football-italia DOT net/31325/el-shaarawy-extends-milan-deal

El Shaarawy extends Milan deal
    [​IMG]

Milan have confirmed that Stephan El Shaarawy has put pen to paper on a new contract at the club until June 2018.

The outfit have released no further details, but it is understood that the fresh terms will see his current €800,000 annual salary increase.
    The Italian international, still just 20, was previously contracted to theDiavolo until June 2017.

El Shaarawy, signed from Genoa in 2011, is the club’s top scorer this season thanks to 16 goals in 25 League games so far.

-----------------------

Lock him in!