AC Milan - Barcelona [R] 2/20/13 - CL Round of 16 (Game 1/2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 16, 2013.

1. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    yea same here. the crowd was so loud yesterday too. would have loved to have been there. some day...

2. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    As anyone been to a game of importance at San Siro. I know every game is important, but not just a regular Serie A game, but a sold out rival game? Can you compare it to American sports? Ive been to Game 7 of the World Series in Miami, and 2 94 WC games , Game 7 of Panthers hockey game , and numerous other sporting events, but nothing seems to compare to Euro games with choreography and such. Can any one share?

3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I haven't been to San Siro, but I was at Emirates Stadium last year for the Arsenal game. Sat right above the Milan section. Even though we got beat up, it was one of the best game experiences I have had. Place was rocking and I almost shit myself. Been to lots of different games, several Stanley Cup Finals games, since I am a Devils fan (thats for Pauly). My trip to London last year was unreal. So much better watching the game out there in person then many things I have seen at home in other sports. Even the QPR/Everton game had a great atmosphere. Also saw Tottenham/Man U.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kqql and gcstorm9 repped this.
  4. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Was going to try to make the trip back out to London for Napoli/Chelsea. Happy I didn't do that. Would have been a difficult one.

5. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    i chucked my phone into the ground i was so pissed at that game

6. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Great pics. I imagine an away game isnt the same because your the minority, HOWEVER, the ppl who are there for your team are the die hards, so you bond together which makes it quite the experience. Ive been to numerous Milan friendlies in NY vs Juve and Boston vs Inter, but the best was in Miami vs Chelsea. I was lucky enough to get field seats, row 1 close to the goal. Literally walked on field and was yards away from Milan players. After the game was in able to go by locker rooms and see them walk to bus. Awesome experience to see the guys you root for from another country feet away. How much were tix to the CL vs Arsenal game? I decided that when I do go, Im gonna sit near the Curva Sud. I wanna be in the action.

7. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i was at the olimpico for lazio-milan in 2004 i think. both teams were top 3 at the time. it was the craziest sports atmosphere i have experienced... and i've been to final fours, nfl playoffs, etc.

8. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't wear any of my Milan stuff to the game. I was hanging out away from the stadium, out around Camden Town(strange place) before the game at a few pubs. Saw Milan fans, but many didn't really talk much. I think it was cause I only speak English. Might have thought I was some sort of Arsenal fan or something. I did it through Thomas Cook, don't remember off hand. Didn't trust other third party tickets sales. Paid more, but I knew I wasn't going to get out there and not have a ticket. Got the ticket stub somewhere, not sure off hand. I usually go to all the big games in the area. I got on the field for Argentina/USA. That was really cool.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've been to some NFL games. Usually go when the Vikings are in town. Worst time was in Philly. Philly fans are terrible. I got on the news when I was a little kid at a Vikings/Giants playoff game tailgating in the parking lot. Got the tape from the news somewhere at my grandmothers, that was cool. I dvr'ed that QPR game I went to, to check out when I got back home. The last NFL game I went to was a Vikings/Jets Monday Night game in a terrible storm. Favre threw his 500th TD to Moss right in front of us. I've been fortunate to get to see a lot of different sports and meet some athletes in person. Got to meet Bale last summer and get my two jerseys signed (don't let sheva know I'm a Bale fan).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    my folks have season tix for the colts. 6th row in the endzone. great seats half of the time.[​IMG]

11. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nice. I have Redbull season tickets. Thought about getting Devils season tickets in the past, but just too many games to get to and when I'm working, I work nights. Guy that used to work with me had Cowboy season tickets. He would fly down a few weekends during the season. Prices of NFL tickets have gone crazy and I don't agree with a PSL. UFC isn't even worth seeing live, unless you throw out big bucks, which I did once cause my girl loves Shogun and I got to see Jon Jones destroy him. Somewhat reasonable tickets for UFC just aren't worth it. Better off sitting at home for $60 bucks or finding a local bar. It was worth it for that night. She loved it and was like a little kid with her Brasil flag waiting for Shogun to walk by to the cage.

Shogun/Jones weigh ins
    [​IMG]
    Before anything started
    [​IMG]
    Before the fight.
    [​IMG]

whill4 repped this.
  12. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i've never been to a fight and really have no desire to go see one live. i would love to get to a WWE event at some point, though... just for the people watching. i went to see the monster jam at LOS last winter, and it was great. tons of ridiculous people. it was a good mix of camo gear and nascar gear in the stands. there was one guy, probably about 40, who was there with his kids and nephews. the guy was just hammered and howling like a wolf when grave digger came out. that alone was worth the price of admission.

13. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    anyone else notice how all the english commentators are so happy about two former portsmouth players scoring against barca. no EPL, that doesn't make you a winner haha

14. Milanista21

Milanista21 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Congratulations everyone..This month is going to be a very decisive month first inter then lazio then barca, all in the next two weeks!! this month will pretty much define our season

does anyone have a video of galliani's reactions to milan goals scored against barca? I'd love to see that

15. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I've been to a few UFC fights and the atmosphere was awesome. I went to Wrestlemania last year in Miami. That was an awesome experience. Got lucky for suite tickets and saw a Hellmin the Cell match(Triple H vs Undertaker) and the Rock vs John Cena. If you around NY area than Wrestlemania than I would be highly recommended attending.

16. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Not into wrestling. When I was younger I was and went to a few shows. Only wrestling I watch now is at Rutgers, on Big Ten channel, or National tournament. Got to see a great Minnesota wrestling team during their back to back National titles in 01-02, just missed seeing Brock with them. First UFC I saw was 32 Ortiz vs Sinosic, saw A. Silva knock out Forrest (my gym owner was on that card), Carwin vs Mir with GSP vs Hardy(two guys I trained with were on that card), and Jones vs Shogun (my gym owner was on that card) Think that's it for UFC. Used to go to a bunch of the smaller local ones when I was training and into it more. Saw a bunch of guys come up before UFC.

17. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    CL Round of 16 (Game 1/2)
    RECAP -> AC Milan 2 - Barcelona 0

Goals:
    1-0 Boateng @ 57" (Assist Zapata)
    2-0 Muntari @ 81" (Assist El Shaarawy)

.​

Rossonero23 repped this.
  18. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm uber jealous of you guys.

I've never been to the San Siro and it kills me.

At the moment I'm acutally living and working in a small university town called Tilburg just west of Eindhoven. I caught a few Eredivisie games recently and although the crowd is great (especially when we all go to the pub after and get messed up) the quality of the football is pretty crap.

I saw Milan vs Juve in New Jersey in the early 2000's - Milan lost that match but it gave me a renewed admiration for Inzaghi; the dude hustled all game and was the only one to thank the fans in our section of the Giants stadium.

Best soccer game of all time for me was sitting with desperate Pompei fans in a Fulham home match with my cousin. Wicked ********in old-school stadium and those Portsmout faithful were screaming and shouting their heads off - poor bastards.

I'm from Toronto originally - best thing I can remember was watching Brandon Morrow almost pitch a perfect game...and that's pretty much it (Toronto fans haven't had much to chear for in the last 20 years).

19. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'd like to go to a PSV game some time, when I get out there. I like watching them on mornings I have nothing to do. Like a few of their guys. Let's keep it that way with Toronto, at least for the Leafs and Toronto FC.;)

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Don't waste a good wishbone on the Leafs sucking, they've been doing it for years.

Toronto FC, for what you pay for tickets compared to what they do on the field, is a ********ing scandal.

21. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wrestling is cool now because I can afford to buy good tix and go. Its corny and all but the atmosphere is cool especially when the crowd starts chanting. 65k ppl chanting "Rocky,Rocky" was awesome.Whats your gym owners name? Yourlucky and get a few UFC events in the northeast, down here there has been 1 UFC fight( an FX free fight where main event was bantemweights and a bunch of new guys) and we had a Strikeforce fight. I know you all prob don't like but Kimbo fought here a few times as well.

Was the Juve vs Milan game for the SuperCup? Milan scored on Pirlo PK in 89th min, than Juve scored on a fluke long ball goal less than a minute later, game went to PKs and we lost? I saw that game in Giants Stadium. So cool to see how tiny Del Piero was...

22. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was Pellegrino. I don't train anymore though.

23. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was indeed the one.

I remember Juve fans cheering after the game in the parking lot as if that stupid game was consolation for us beating them in Old Tratford only a few months earlier. :ROFLMAO:

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  25. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That was awesome. I never understood or looked into why names are on the tickets out there.