AC Milan - Barcelona [R] 2/20/13 - CL Round of 16 (Game 1/2)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Feb 16, 2013.

1. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Ibra won't do anything to you. He would have messed up some of those chances today as well, like he usually does in the Champions League. No one should fear him in this competition.

Calcio Pauly and GMangs repped this.
  2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan

Tiziano Crudeli! :D

[​IMG]

stphnsn, whill4 and GMangs repped this.
  3. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LoL. I felt kinda like that. Was texting people and telling them to watch, it was going to happen. Blew there phones up after each goal.

4. Gianluca511

Gianluca511 Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Congrats on your big win today. From a Roma fan. Win for Italia!

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    boa boa boa teng teng teng teng hahahaha

Rossonero23 repped this.
  6. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Congratulations to your boys on your well-earned victory over the spagnoli pezzi di merda. You've done calcio proud.

I look forward to you guys getting screwed out of the semifinals when they play the return leg because Barcelona can't be eliminated this early. It's bad for television. I'll still be hoping that you win in a few weeks.

7. Billy South Philly

Jan 28, 2013
    Newtown Square, PA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the Round of 16, not the quarters. I totally agree that we will definitely see some extremely dubious officiating at Camp Nou for the return leg. UEFA can't have Barca out this early. All the fanboys will go mental. Hey, good win Milan, sure enjoyed watching the game.

8. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    anything could happen in 3 weeks time, but if we can score one goal, i think we are through (they would need to score 4). of course we got kinda lucky with the first goal today, but with the performance we put out, i think its doable. for now on to inter

9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They'll learn their lesson. Pressure will be heavy on Barthalona and they're going to crumble with the heat coming on their former doctor.

10. william6 and 3 quaters

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    SULLEY ********INGMU********INGTARI!!!!

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Not anymore, people are getting tired of them and their cheating ;) eventually it's going to catch up, know what I mean? :D

12. Rob_420

Rob_420 Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    While I hear the same thing every year in KO phases of the CL about the San Siro pitch it sounds like sour grapes to me. It wasn't even the worst pitch played in the CL tonight, he should go look at the pitch in Istanbul that Schalke and Gala were playing on.

.Azulgrana. repped this.
  13. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    At the Nou Camp, they have such a pristine field because they dope so much that the sweat of Barca players contains enough growth hormones to jack up the grass.

el napulitan and Chinky24 repped this.
  14. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  15. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yo guys! I am obviously not a regular on this particular subforum where the Milan fans reside, but just wanted to give your team EPIC PROPS! You guys put in an awesomely dominant performance against Barça. This was much more than Chelski-style bus-parking, especially in the 2nd half. AC Milan shut down Barça's potent attack and exposed their backline, which was somewhat weak. All your players were humble, willing to put in the defensive effort, Muntari did an excellent job of shadowing Xavi, and you proved Barça can not only be beaten but that Barça can be dominated. I don't think we've ever seen a better performance all over the park against Barça since Pep Guardiola implemented tiki-taka.

The defensive work was exquisite and showed serious homework behind it. You outshot Barcelona on-target 6-2 I believe. Your counters were great, Niang and El-Shaaraway are brilliant talents, and if you had Balotelli, Nocerino, de Jong, and others, you could've dug a hole Barça may not have been able to climb out of. On top of that, you set yourself up for success at Camp Nou by standing firm and not conceding an away goal. It would be a shame if you didn't advance, you deserved to after tonight. I didn't give you much of a chance before this match, but now I will be cheering you on, and sincerely congratulate you. From one fan of the Bundesliga to another of Serie A.

16. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Amazing game. Allegri really got the tactics down and all the players bought into it. Can not say enough good things from these guys. Ambro didnt look like an old Senator but he looked and acted liked a general and the Captain of this squad. I didn't think Pazzini would feature well in this sort of game, but he tracked back and was the first line of defense, ran his ass off and sacrificed his body for the team. I thought we were poor and sloppy with our passing at beginning but that was due to nerves. Incredible result and gives us hope for the next round. The game at Camp Nou is extremely difficult, but with a healthy squad,I think Flamini/Nocerino would be better than Muntari . The back tracking that our forwards do provides so much. Defenses must respect our wingers BUT we do not lose any shape in defense because SES/Boateng came back and defended the wings, allowing Muntari/Ambro/Montolivo to run the middle. Simply masterful game by Milan. Congrats boys. Enjoy this victory!

17. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  18. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Been skimming through some of Barca forum. Seems like some of them get it and make sense. Others though, LoL. Can't wait till next game. Team should be stronger with some guys back from injury. I think if we get one, that it is pretty much over. Need to get that one goal though. That would be huge.

19. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca's heat map. Didn't really get through your defense at all.
    [​IMG]

GMangs repped this.
  20. el napulitan

el napulitan Member+

Sep 28, 2008
    < @sals mom crew >
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    she is sweet

not from open play in 9 games.
    keeping ypur arms by yourside is totaly unatural when moving, for the most part though i do agree with you, but as you will see in this giff i put up he tries to get out of the way of the shot which then deflects of a barca player on to him so totaly impossiblle to say he should keep his arms down in such a movement, whats more i dont think it hit him on the arm anyway
    [​IMG]
    (i see its already been posted)
    barca are the worst sore losers i have ever witnessed, always blaming the pitch or something else, i remember last time they were blaming the other team for ot watering the pitch to exactly how they wanted it, yes because everything and everyone must cater to barca's wants, think that was against milan too,

21. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Barthalona, the land of doping midgets and port town muggers

22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
  23. realM11

realM11 Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    congrats on the win I hope in 3 weeks you will win in the camp poo and tell barca to gtfo in the champions league.

24. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thats a beautiful rememberance. I would do anything to go attend a game there in one of these atmospheres. One day...

Rossonero23 repped this.