AC Milan - Barcelona [R] 10/22/13 - CL Group H (Game 3/6)

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    #1 Kqql, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
    [​IMG]

CL Group H (Game 3/6)

AC Milan vs. Barcelona
    @ Stadio Giuseppe Meazza
    (San Siro)

On 10/22/13

[​IMG]
    Pic Source: flicker

AC Milan
    2013/2014 Champions League
    -> GF = 7 / GA = 2

CL Play-off Round
    PSV 1-1 AC Milan
    AC Milan 3-0 PSV
    CL Group
    AC Milan 2-0 Celtic
    Ajax 1-1 AC Milan
    AC Milan - Barcelona
    Barcelona - AC Milan
    Celtic - AC Milan
    AC Milan - Ajax

Player - Goals
    Boateng 2
    Balotelli 2 (1P.K)
    El Shaarawy 1, Muntari 1
    Izaguirre (o.g)
    Player - Assists
    Montolivo 1, Poli 1
    Abate 1, Mexes 1

AC Milan 2013/2014 Serie A
    @ 7a Giornata
    -> GF = 13 / GA = 13
    @ Home: 2W/0D/1L + @ Away: 0W/2D/2L -> 8 pts

Recent Results for -> Barcelona

2. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    You will have Kaka back as well. I will be happy with even a draw at the San Siro.
    I am abit concerned with AC Milans poor performance. You will have to be good to get anything from this match.

3. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    if barca fans are happy to draw against this milan side, maybe we're not as bad off as we think we are. nahhhh. barca fan just doesn't know what he's talking about. this will be ugly.

Kqql and Rossonero23 repped this.
  4. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    I'm not giving my team much hope in the san siro. Its a scary place to go

5. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Thoughts on the game?

Just realized Barca play vs Madrid on Sat and guys coming off injuries. So if any a good time to play them, it's now. I don't expect a win, as a draw would be nice. If Balo plays than I think we have a shot for pts, if not than it's gonna be tough. It'll be tough to stop Barca from scoring. I expect a 1-1 game.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Barca fan trying to be a nice guy, but we see through you :p

7. ManusXavi

ManusXavi Member

Oct 10, 2013
    Dunedin, New Zealand
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    The thing is we are just fine with a draw because we know that you won't get a draw at the Camp Nou. If you Milan folk want to win this group then Milan need to win. It won't happen again. Drawing with us is one thing. Beating us will be another. It won't happen again.

8. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i'm wearing my new milan tie today, guys. i feel good about this match. let's squish these little munchkins from catalunya. and yes, that was territorially discriminatory. forza milan.

kickball21, Calcio Pauly and Rossonero23 repped this.
  9. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well then I can't wait till it happens again.

10. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

A draw would be nice, but that's highly unlikely. I have a feeling that we're going to get slaughtered!:devilish:

11. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Read that Balo has recovered, but will start on the bench. Milan going into this one strikerless.

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I guess Zapata thought it was unfair that a depleted squad was winning so he decided to just give it away. Nice Work.

13. SandroNesta13

SandroNesta13 Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Milano/Lago di Como
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Typical Zapata. Terrible to give Messi a goal, but great tackle later on to prevent Messi a second.

I like Muntari, he has a great shot, but I'd rather see Poli to pressure the Barca midfield.

Robinho looks good, very clever, but he is struggling too much to hold up play against Pique. Can't blame him though, he is not a CF and much smaller. Balo should come on, let's just hope he stays fit.

Ricky Kaká looks great!

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So when do you guys think Balo is going to score? I say the 77th.

15. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So a draw, not a goalless one though. I guess we will just have to win there :)

16. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    kaka looked good! i'm excited to finally have him back. now i'm imagining kaka and balotelli on at the same time. our offense could use a boost like that.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    robinho!! lol wtf was he thinking?? he should of had a easy brace..

i'll take the point.

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Did all the Milan fans on this site disappear?

Match vs. Barca and only one page worth of posts

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    A draw is acceptable, ahead of the win next time around that is.

20. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Can't be angry about this result at all.

Unless Celtic make a monumental turnaround - I think all we need is a total of 3 points in our remaining matches to go through (4 would be nicer though).

21. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i'll take a point against barca any day, home or away. when i saw the group, i knew we'd be playing for second place, and any points we take off barca are bonus points. if we beat ajax at home and tie celtic away, we'll be through to the knock-outs.

and yes, kaka did look good. let's see how he looks at parma on sunday before we start saying he's back to the kaka of old.

do we have any casualties after this one? anyone pull a quad in warm ups today?

22. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Lol...

It seems like there's always something...

23. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    a frustrating start to the season has morale low. that, and some of us have jobs.

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI

"Playing three up front is the system that got us to third place last season. Kakaà and Birsa sacrificed themselves a lot and the team has to continue playing compact as they did. The players did well as we conceded little and had good chances. Kaka showed the champion that he is and I’m not speaking technically as that’s beyond discussion, but in terms of how he sacrificed himself for the team. I’m happy that the player know that they have to work together to get results, whether it’s against Udinese or Barcelona. Team performances will bring us continuity in results. We have to find a mental continuity as that’s what makes the difference. You have to try and improve every day and never be happy with that you have. We saw on Thursday the mistakes we were making and we understood them. The players did technically well this evening. With performances like this, it’ll be easy to get results.”

ADRIANO GALLIANI

"I was pleased by the attacking trident. Kakà had a super match and Brisa did well in his role an sacrificed himself well. It was the first time that we weren’t terrorized by Barcelona in possession and we could even have won it. You can always concede though and we did when we slipped up. It was a match of great sacrifice and I’m happy for Kakà. When he plays in this stadium, he switches it on and a lot of people are beginning to understand that he can give a lot to this team. Balotelli is going nowhere, so the fans can stay calm. This point is very important for the qualification for the next round and it’s not forbidden that we can get something in Spain as well. For those who fear that the President doesn’t follow the team, I can say that I spoke to him three times today. He’s happy, he’s always close to us and is always our president.”[​IMG]

MAURO TASSOTTI

"We knew that we would be made to suffer. They’re good, they hold onto the ball and dictate the game but we also knew that we would have our chances. It’s a shame about the goal conceded, we could have done it differently and we slipped up. It’s an important point for morale and we’re happy with our performance.
    The extra day that we spent together did us good. We talked and we watched a lot of videos and we knew that we would take to the pitch with a different spirit against Udinese. We did that on Saturday and we did it again tonight. Our league started last Thursday because of that. Kakà has great skills and he works hard every morning and every night. I don’t know how long he was training at Milanello but he was paid back tonight with a great performance against a great team on a great stage. We kept him on the pitch as long as could as we knew how dangerous he could be. Constant had a good game, very attentive. He had two players to look after all the time and it wasn’t easy for him. There’s a lot of competition in that area of the itch and he has to give his all. We’re going back to 4-3-3. We played defensive today but that was due to who we were up against and when we’re up against teams that don’t push forward as well we’ll be less defensive.”

KAKA'

“It’s tough to say how I feel. I want to thank the fans again for the welcome they gave me. It’s always amazing to take to the itch at the San Siro. We could have done better when they got the equalizer but we played well. It’s never easy to play against them but we did well. This match was important as it helps us with our continuity. After the win on Saturday and this evening’s draw we have to put together a good run of results. I’ve played against Barcelona a few times and it’s fundamental to cover and with Birsa we helped the defensive system that we have. I felt fit for 70 minutes but that was it. We’re still in the construction stages and we have to sacrifice and continue working as a team. You need a good group to win things. Single players can win single games but not trophies. We can and we have to become a team. We’re on the up now but on Sunday we have an important match and many others after that. We can’t let our guard down.”

SULLEY MUNTARI

"We have to continue like this, we have to be humble on the field. The league is long. Ricky did well for the team, he played a spectacular game but we all did well. We have to stay on this road. Players are coming back we’re growing every day as men. We want to do well and we’ll do great things. Robinho thought there was someone behind him, which can happen when you’re tired and not lucid in front of goal. his was a great performance. We want to get past the group stages and we’ll fight until the end to do so. We play Parma on Sunday. They’re a tough team to face but we have to look for the in as we want to get high up the table.”

MARCO AMELIA

“It’s a good point for us and a big push for our morale. With Barcelona you have to try and limit them, there’s no other way. We played a good game and we had our chances too.
    We didn’t play catenaccio and always tried to play on the break. We had to suffer in certain stages of the game as they chased us back a lot but we played well. They usually have 10 chances per match but it wasn’t like that tonight. If Muntari and Robinho did better with their chances we’d be talking about other things.
    We’re on the up now after a tough start. We know we have to do better but you can’t go from 0 to 10 without steps in between.
    Birsa and Kakà sacrificed a lot for the team. They played both halves of the pitch. Tactically we did well and we slipped up for their goal, it wasn’t credit to them. Apart from that things went well. It’s not easy to not be playing that much and then playing match like this. The past three days there’s been a lot of pressure but I prepared well.
    Kakà gives us a lot on a psychological level but that’s not all. He’s from another planet when it comes to technique. Like Robinho, Blaotellil and El Shaarawy. Now we’re getting players back from injury and against Parma we have to get back up the table. We want to be in the top spots for Christmas.”

FEDERICO GIUNTI (Ex-Milan player 1999 to 2001)

“I remember when we played Barcelona in the group stages. We drew 3-3 at home and we lost 2-0 away. This was the game that we were waiting for. We closed up well and it’s shame about the equalizer. Messi broke away well and scored a great goal. Obviously, you have to make the most of the chances you get against them. It was a shame about Robinho in the second half but in the end I think this is a good result. Kakà did very well in the first half sacrificing himself a lot.”

http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/149609

[​IMG]

Kqql and kickball21 repped this.
  25. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    can you guys believe the commentators? do they even watch soccer? they kept calling montolivo montolivio. they didn't know our players at all and at one point they called the team juventus (by accident i hope). such a barcelona bias, but i should be used to that by now.

also, can't wait to have de sciglio back. constant was our weak point on defense and barcelona exposed him a few times. he let messi loose for his goal (even though it was zapata with the bad give away) and let sanchez have a chance after he out ran him. when is mattia due to be back?