About Last Night

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by footex, Feb 11, 2006.

1. footex

footex C'MON HOUSTON!!!

Feb 9, 2006
    HellRazinKop
    Our own General Sam being the influential speaker that he is, I'm good with The Texian Army. Just my opinion.
    Seeing as how the team is already facing controversy over it's naming we might as well draw our own line in the sand and go all the way.:)

It was a great meeting and awesome meeting everyone. To cap it off with a USA win was perfect.

Just for kicks, if we can get together sometime soon for chant and song practice, it would be great. We need to interject some claps and maybe some rude words into our songs and its good to all be on the same page. Also, we need to start thinking of songs for our team players especially the strikers. I'll supply the beer if we can get a few people together. We just need a location.

BTW in our blur last night several of us thought it would be good to sing "You'll Never Walk Alone" at the games. It may drive some of you crazy because of your support for other English teams besides my beloved Liverpool,:) but it is a great Football Song. If Celtic can adopt it, I think we can too. Your thoughts?

2. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we want to pick a central place with some grass - Memorial Park has some nice stretches, whether we rent-a-pitch or just kick it out on a random patch of grass. Plenty of room for parking and tailgating, and with a couple signs and table we can even start enlisting passer-bys - there`s plenty of foot and footie traffic. We should consider kickarounds as fun, great for practicing chants, etc, but also great places to add more members. If we go to a different pitch every time, we can cover a lot of areas.

I`m not much of a singer, but I`ll yell and chant with the best of them. Pretty sure not many heard the side conversation - but I got a line on a couple guys that refurbish drums, so we could have a few ready to go before 18:36 kickoff.

3. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we have it Richmond Arms again - I'm glad they're willing to practically reserve 80% of the whole bar for us.

I was tempted to bring a sign:
    If yer not a yank,
    yer a wank!

4. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am very much interested in talking to Michelle about this. I absolutely love Richmond Arms and would love to stay with them if they could guarantee us a bigger room and maybe a little quiter atmosphere for the important meeting details.

5. footex

footex C'MON HOUSTON!!!

Feb 9, 2006
    HellRazinKop
    They probably would make some guarantees if we were bringing in a packed and drinking house:D