Abel Aguilar - news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by ryu79, Jan 23, 2006.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    There's a lot of pace as it pertains to speed and all out-running in MLS but as you mention there's little IQ in the midfield. In fact, I recall Valderrama at 35+ years in the earlier years of MLS barely walked and still came out as assist leader stats.

Valderrama 'walking':

HONORS/CAREER STATISTICS:

MLS MVP: 1996

MLS All-Time Best XI

2nd all-time in MLS assists

MLS appearances: 175

MLS goals: 16

MLS assists: 114

2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Im listening that since 1995.........

If you have to name teams to say that they have pressing is because isnt a rule....maybe there are teams with higher level than others.......but is mls....a league where arrived old players and other that have failed recntley in their euro teams...

Doogs and Cruzifero repped this.
  3. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MLS has gotten much better by buying young promising South American talent then buying 40 year olds from Europe.

Atlanta, Dallas fc and Houston as well as Toronto aren’t awful to watch.

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They are bringinf these types of players like ten years ago.......and today isnt an elite national team that have results with players of this league.

Doogs repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Yes, MLS is by far a better product this year than let's say 5 years ago....but 3 stars I can think of alone this year that have already made huge impact: Darwin Q, Ibra, Rooney, are not 'young promising' talent. Therefore they are still betting on many "older performers" to improve the league including all time leading stars in BWP and Villa. These last 2 were already struggling in getting minutes, came over to the MLS and have since had MVP GOAT type of careers.

pepinointer repped this.
  6. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    MLS is a good spot for him, it has gotten a lot better but you do see older smart players like him do well there. Bradley, Shweinsteger and others who aren't speed demons and use their smarts have done well there, I think he'll be ok. Also hopefully this stops him from ever being called to the NT again, has been a good player for us over the years, but time stops for no man.

7. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    So many folks hating on Abel + Roca who have given so much to this NT. Yes, while many of us agree that taking Abel to the world cup with some lagging injury(Abel) proved to be a poor move, the issue was not that Pekerman was so stubborn but rather that many of the potential players were not doing a better job consistently at that same position--this includes guys like Barrios and Uribe. It may be that in this cycle we clearly see a great improved younger line of DFM with Barrios, Lerma, Uribe, Cuellar --- but for the meantime I wish the player the best!

Doogs, pepinointer and Azucarero repped this.
  8. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    MLS may be a lot better than it was before.... but that isn't saying much at all.

teams are very basic, goalkeepers and defenders are pretty terrible imo however despite this there are some cool individualities here and there.

pepinointer repped this.
  9. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    no I think I am right. Its changing but that isn't saying much. You see some teams here and there that attempt to create associated plays with the help of quick, agile players like Diego Rossi at LA, Almiron and Josef at Atlanta etc. But its all very basic, MLS gets a ton of press because of the resources it has but if South American leagues are vastly inferior to the europeans then we should say the same about South American leagues who have superior football quality but little press and marketing in comparison to the americans

pepinointer repped this.
  10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The main area where the MLS has improved is in culture and atmosphere. With the opening of futbol only stadiums across the country, and supporter groups really getting into it, the league has achieved a great fan experience.

The game on field still isn't where it needs to be but you can have a great time there.

kromekote, Doogs and pepinointer repped this.
  11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    im hoping to go to a ton of games when Miami get going, I went to Montreal-Orlando live about a month ago and the quality was very poor. Still though I had a good time and I thought the stadium was pretty cool, reminded me of craven cottage on the inside.

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Darwin turns 31 on sept 16th he will walk backwards into any Colombian team starting spot.

Are you comparing MLS to EPL/Spain

Or to Colombia/Mexico which is a fairer comparison.

I say it’s like the Colombian league with worst domestic talent and better foriegn players + way way way more money

It’s a poorer Mexican league for now with worse domestic talent and a way older foriegn players who are not as good. Much younger league tho

Bottom teams are better th
    When I lived in Boston my boss had season tickets to the revolutions the games were bad and it was hard to go. He would give me tickets and half the time I wouldn’t even go or gave them away unless a good team came. It really depends on the teams playing

But do you want to watch a Tigres vs Boyaca Chico game live?

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Darwin the same guy that was terrible in america de mexico? for year and a half? then you get offended when others ask you to wach football

His performance in mexico was disastrous compared of what he is showing in mls....doubt that in a big of colombia he is able to being starter....maybe ina leones and itagui...that usually very talented young players

He is an a example of how you good can you be in mls despite being shit in your last yeara

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Darwin was a total stud at Santos. Who knows what happened to him at America

Is he the only player that went to shit after a bad move? Or we just singling him out to win an argument.

15. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #965 pepinointer, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Do you really watch football or follow a league??
    Santos performance was MORE THAN $ YEARS AGO...and his last year there wasnt really good. So because a player was good like 5 years ago he have top quality...everywhere....pff

Now you say america a bad move :D

in america he was there for 4 years beigng a mediocre, with different coaches that change, but not him......fans hated him because his bad level, depsite having minutes and play...,......dont think that matheus agree america is a bad move.

$ YEARS OF BAD FOOTBALL IN AMERICA but for you "Or we just singling him out to win an argument." .......watch football and the real situation.

Now darwin is god in MLS after being shit and mediocre in a biggest team of mexico for years....that talk a lot of the level of the league.

Please watch football or follow it with discipline...if you are going to give opínion of everything..........
    this case is another example of how you dont have idea of the real situation of players or teams when you talk.

You just repeat phrases, without verifying if it is real or not.

16. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    is there a date for his debut ?

17. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    should be soon.

18. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    crzdcolombian and pibe10 repped this.
  19. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If I'm not mistaken (I don't follow MLS since Valderrama is not there) Maicol Barrios is also having a good season.

20. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Barrios is a beast there.

Espn use to show the games for free if you had the app now you need ESPN + that is $5 a month