A2007 J4: Monterrey vs. Universidad

Discussion in 'Pumas de UNAM' started by Disco Dale, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    What is interesting is that this is the fixture where we last won:- Monterrey 0 - Pumas 1, 3rd March 2007, Castro had a shot which was a carbon copy of his Madrid goal, before bagging from his bonce:- a nice Leandro delivery from a free kick from that tricky down-by-the-corner-flag area. This was the game that had that unbelievable red card against Parejita:- honestly, how do refs in Mexico sleep at night?

Right, we HAVE to win, it seems the players just can't understand how to do it anymore... we probably need a little bit of luck or somesuch to get us a win. I think it is "one of them" as me scouse mate says:- a win could see a really great run start, but without a win to start that off...... catch 22....

Sambueza is out I think..... The next couple of matches could decide Tuca's future, I believe, but Monterrey is the sort of place you can go and get a result, lets hope so.....

2. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    I had a dream that pumas won 2-1. when I woke up I was more surprised that they scored 2 goals than that they had won.

3. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    ... maybe the last six months have just been a nightmare ..... I expect to wake up alive and well in the shower any day now, to find Pumas winning and scoring ....

4. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Starters
    12.- Bernal
    16.- F. Espinoza
    3.- Moreno
    4.- Verón
    2.- Velarde
    5.- Castro
    7.- Augusto
    8.- Barrera
    20.- Íñiguez
    17.- Palencia
    9.- Solari

5. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Arellano at 65'. Bernal got a hand on it, but not enough.

Man, that goal really woke the crowd up in Monterrey.

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Scocco for Palencia 64'
    G. Espinoza for F. Espinoza 64'
    Bonells for Íñiguez 73'

7. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Monterrey takes it, 1-0.

Puebla on Wednesday.

8. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    .... bad day .... couldn't see the match .... city lost ... pumas lost ... hard to imagine how it could have been worse ....

9. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    what about tuca

players dont listen to him, he scream at them all the time...it is so much a player can handle...time for a change...thanks tuca but you have to go...:mad:

10. Disco Dale

Disco Dale Member

Nov 29, 2005
    N8
    all games this year, 2007:-
    pld 21 won 3 drawn 13 lost 5 GF 21 GA 22

games from Clausura 2007 jornada 5 hasta Apertura 2007 jornada 4 (one complete cycle), its worse:-
    pld 17 won 2 drawn 11 lost 4 GF 16 GA 18

last win, this fixture 1-0 3rd March 2007, last home win Pumas 2 Santos 1 14th February 2007 .... and the winner was an og ......

So I agree, time for a change, but seriously, who?

11. smartbomb

smartbomb Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ferreti is doing his job. Pumas get the ball in the box 8-10 times every game. It's not his fault that the forwards are total horse crap. If they have scored one more goal each game, Pumas would have 8 points instead of 2.

Rayados, on the other hand, have been awful and ridiculously lucky, barely beating a couple of teams with 1-2 points. Nobody said soccer was fair, tks tsk.