A Yank at a Rangers match

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by kubrick74, Sep 20, 2007.

1. kubrick74

kubrick74 Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Hi All --

I will be traveling in Scotland in early November and want to attend the Rangers v Inverness match, Nov 3.

What is the best way to get tickets? I already registered on the website and read all available info too. Tickets arent available for general sale yet. I guess I am asking if there are any legitimate season ticket holders that would sell their tickets for this match.

Or at the very least get some reccomendations on where to sit, the best way to get to the stadium or any other info the Rangers faithful would like to provide. Is there a hardcore supporters section and is it hard to get tickets for that section. Also, what songs are popular at the matches if any?

thanks in advance!

2. Burkies Ginger Mop

Burkies Ginger Mop New Member

May 20, 2004
    London
    Keep checking the site for tickets. They might go on sale 3 weeks before the game and you are more than likely to end up in the Broomloan if you go through the public sale of tickets. What little signing there is at Ibrox these days usually comes from that stand. Traveling with the subway loyal is probably the best way to get there. Just get the underground to ibrox and the stadium us very close. Just follow the crowd.

3. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You'll probably be able to buy tickets outside the underground at Ibrox anyways for the true value Rangers sell them at.

I'd expect the supporters to be very quiet at that match, there isn't much rivalry with Inverness, and they should put up little resistance so its unlikely anything will provoke the bigots into song.

4. TCNJFan

TCNJFan New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Fairborn, OH
    There should be tickets available for the match. I'd imagine that either Rangers' website or ticket office will have them for sale at some point in the future.

Of more importance is British Summer Time vs American Daylight Savings Time. British Summer Time ends on Sunday, October 28 at 1am (GMT). Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 4. The match kicks off at 3pm (GMT)/11am(EDT).

I only bring this up because I went to the Kilmarnock-Inverness match in March and we showed up to Rugby Park 1 1/2 hours before kick-off. We found a great place to park and it was cool to see thousands of people walk to the stadium, but it was a very cold 90 minutes.

5. kubrick74

kubrick74 Member

Apr 19, 2004

thanks for the info everyone!

The Bigots? How are the Rangers supporters bigots?

6. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    I was half expecting to open this thread and see a punchline of some sort. :D

7. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I never said they all were, but if you don't know why some might be you must be living in a bubble.

Check out the old firm rivalries thread.

8. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    some are, those being queen loving, pope hating, british loving, irish hating, Protestants who hate Catholics.

most try to cover it up by saying its just a minority, but unfortunatly in reality its the majority. its the same with celtic fans, only reversed. maybe they dont hate britain, need to ask a bigoted celtic fan that one.

but at an inverness match, there shouldnt be much trouble, if any. you should be able to get a ticket no bother when you come to glasgow.

9. cloudy3139

cloudy3139 New Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Irvine, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    There is nothing wrong with queen loving or britain loving, despite my hate of british nationalism. :p

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    let me explain...

:rolleyes::p

11. Paddster

Paddster New Member

Dec 20, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    fair enough, she is a bit of an arsehole though.