A woman's complaint

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by johan neeskens, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would help if you pretended to read my post. But, then again, this is your MO.

Maybe, your bullhorn is too loud? :rolleyes:

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    And here I thought this was brilliant irony. *sigh*

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Except, this incident in the Italy board wasn't the first time such a thing happened to her on here. I personally reported a similar sexist post made at her expense several months ago, and I don't believe anything ever came of it.

I'm glad action was taken this time around, since I would have spammed the supers inbox until they did something about it (or they banned my annoying arse, whichever came first :p)

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So it was you that flooded my inbox :mad:;)

5. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Don't forget one of those posts was more than 5 and a half years old, also.

But I really think you might to push the fainting couch around the parlor after him, while he clutches at his pearls, so sensitive to the vapors is he.....

6. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It must be nice to have our cake and eat it, too. I'd love to simultaneously disregard the sensitivity of others while being overly sensitive myself.

I particularly like how Andy Taus has excused every person of Italian descent from being offended by any comments that poke fun at their ethnicity. What a relief it must be to have a spokesperson for the whole race to tell you how to feel! :rolleyes:

7. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you PM a moderator or supermod? Often times, reported posts don't immediately reach a moderator's attention.

I'm still uncertain why Johan keeps posting in a forum that responds so negatively to her. Only on the internet will people purposely go to places where they may be victimized by others. Hmmm, wouldn't it be easier just to report behavior and then _not_ go back to visit?

8. Twenty26Six

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad Kurt approves of your apathy and sarcasm. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

9. Andy TAUS

Andy TAUS Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Sydney, AUS
    :eek: WOW, all people of Italian descent read our inane postings on the 606 threads of FFA. :rolleyes:

10. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is exactly my point, the double standard and the thread opener's pathetic hypocrisy (you start trolling in the Italian board, full of people you repeatedly racially abused in the past. What do you except?? Flowers and welcome signs?? No-one is a 'virgin' in this diatribe).

FNU has already been punished so there's no need to keep talking about those pictures, mods did what they thought was right and I won't question it.

I'd like to see the same kind of attitude towards neeskens' blatantly racist and harrassing posts (of which I linked a small example, and the last of which occurred just a few days ago).

Couldn't care less in what forum they were posted (I've seen people red carded in World Rivalries for far less offensive messages than those I linked), they're clearly against the TOS.

Dark Knight is reading the thread, hopefully he can put a final word on the matter.

11. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    This may come as a surprise to you, but Italians are not a race unto themselves, no more than the Dutch, Irish or Poles are. She may have insulted Italians in the FFA, but then again, I don't know a single nation there who has not been insulted in that forum, because that's kinda the function of FFA - insults.

I find FFA and WR dumb and puerile, I certainly don't post tin either, but I do understand the ground rules if ever I venture in there to take a look.

And FYI, you have provided 3 links, none of them from the Italian forums, all from FFA and one of which is over 5 and a half years old. 5 and a half years?? Are you f**cking kidding?? :rolleyes:

As I said we might to push the fainting couch around the parlor after you, while you clutch at your pearls, so sensitive to the vapors are you.....

12. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Hyperbole isn't helping you make your point

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It is not acceptable to rail about a double standard in an attempt to be reasonable and then code your reply with words like "what do you expect". While those words might not be intended as a way to justify things, that is in fact how the function when read by others.

I would suggest you measure your words a lot better when trying to gain sympathy towards your side when the person you are railing against was insulted with pictures of a battered woman and Hitler, including a pseudo-threat (should have stayed in my own forum).

Step number one is to never, ever diminish such things by adding caveats like "what do you expect". Those do not function as a reasonable ways of pointing things out like you might intend them, instead they end up functioning as a way of rationalizing or justifying the abuse of people. This isn't kindergarten, no variation on the "she started it" theme is acceptable and that is effectively what you used.
    It would help if:

1. You condemned FNU's actions rather than treat him like a victim - your choice to not talk about those pictures because mods did what they thought was right (as opposed to explicitly stating what you think) functions as a cop out, not a condemnation.

2. You avoided railing on and on about posts that function in a very different context and you avoided making the claim that the latest one was made only days ago when you quoted a 5 year old, 18 month old and 7 month old post. Either avoid being lazy and quote the latest one so we can all judge its context or be considered a liar for claiming how recent the latest one is immediately after linking not-so-recent posts.
    Again, "she started it" counts in kindergarten and that's about it. If you feel things go over the line elsewhere then deal with them - report them. If you decided to attack a posted in a complaint thread you will inevitably make yourself look like a class-A ass whether you are one or not. Your follow-up posts here make it seem likelier that you actually are one.

TLDR: Don't come to this thread to attack the poster, report the things you don't like. Your attempt to be reasonable here has instead been understood as an approval of the mistreatment of women whether you intended it as such or not.

14. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    You still haven't answered my question.

15. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Lets get down to detail here. I never even said ANYTHING negative about the Italian national team. I in fact said both teams were a shower of shite in that game, and a number of Italian posters actually agreed with me. I said Huntelaar was beyond rubbish for example and wondered out loud what had happened to him. The only thing that could even be construed as remotely anti-Italian were my comments about the Chiellini tackle on Van Persie, and even then I said the tackle was on the ball FFS! The only thing I complained about was a post whingeing about aggressive Dutch tackling, and considering that this comment was made after the best Dutch player was taken to hospital as a direct result of an Italian action, it's hardly surprising that I was upset about that was it, assumiing that you are aware of how emotions can run high in a football game.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you as no matter what I said, a reply posting a picture of a battered woman was totally uncalled for and despicable. If FNU had insulted everything about Dutch football or even had a personal attack on me personally I would have been fine with that, I mean it's not like that's new to me is it. But this was going beyond the beyonds. Worse than his reaction as far as I'm concerned is the fact that some of you are defending it arguing that I deserved it. Oh if only the women in your lives would know about what youre posting here.

16. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Same to you Matteo, I'd like to see your proud Italian reaction if someone sent a picture of a battered woman with the intent to slag her off if this concerned a female who is a close relative or friend to you; I'm not a figment of your imagination you know, I am a real woman with a husband, brother, father, son and male friends of her own and if I told them about this they'd be very upset indeed but I guess you wouldn't feel the same way if this happened to one of yours. Again if you feel that posting that pic is on the same level as calling someone a greasy eye-tie on a jokey inane chit-chat thread, then you need to have your head examined and good luck to the women in your life as I guess they can't count on you to stand up for them.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think this will start a new cycle of weighing and building cases why Johan deserves or not deserves the postes adressed to her in the Italy forum, or how she deserves a booking too now FNU has one. I know that every single one of her postes can be reported and acted on accordingly by the moderator if that is necessary.

What this should be about is how to stop the tendency by quite a few posters to set up a stage in which it is oke or even funny to turn females into entity's that you can freely disregard and insult because of who they are. After spending years of posting on BS Johan Neeskens must have come across the countless little patronizing reference's of her being a women and the fun made out of it to the more severe cases of a quite dramatic picture from an abused women with her name on it and a warning. Just to use a picture that was taken to raise awareness on the subject in a dramtic fashion and turn the purpose of it, to make fun out of it is so distastefull on itself. I think it is good the issue is raised here and it can only lead to a better BS forum.

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    This argument was settled by the 4th post I don't see why it's gone 7 pages.

Also there are no Italians on the internets as they are all too busy making Dolmio.

19. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mattteo,
    I still don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.

This was regarding the accusations that JN has a history of anti-italian/racists posts. Still, just the three OLD posts have been linked. Additionally, as this event occurred in the Italy forum, nothing from that forum has been linked.
    I missed this post. I miss your posts, Dig.

Just to be clear, I am supporting your position, not you.

Long live the wayback machine. :)

From time to time, I will make a comment on the mod boards (and elsewhere) about the topic JN has brought up. Just because she can be an ass does not mean her position is also not worth listening to.

Agreed.

While the initial situation was, apparently, overkill, the point she is making is worthy of discussion. That many here either are ignoring that point, or refuse to acknowledge that it exists, makes the point and discussion more imporant.

(sorry to keep quoting you 26)
    Oh, that behavior is not exclusive of the internet.

SOURCE IT! Or drop it.

From the third post in this thread. Have you done this, matt?

Yeah, something about sourcing material.

Yeah, you know what I'm gonna say.

20. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought you were done with this. :confused:

21. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I'm not making excuses for FNC (I think my loyalties are known) but it seems to me that he is quite young, or am I wrong? Which would go a bit of the way to explain his crass actions.